Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I gotta quit looking at these

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Exactly, that just stupid money for a Jeep and I didn't like that it was full time AWD either.
All Stellantis vehicles are being priced out of the marketplace.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
If one of these had a V8 in it, I couldn't control myself. The TT V6 making over 400 ft/lbs is respectable though, but the engine is horrendous to look at.

When I heard rumors the Jeep would be getting a 392 my ears perked up. So I rented one for a week to get a feel for it. I hate to say it but it was the worst driving vehicle I've ever driven. So noisy I couldn't have a conversation with my wife without yelling, rattles, and wandered all over the road so much it made me nervous to drive it at hwy speed. Maybe you get used to all that over time, but for someone driving one for the first time it was very under whelming. If they only cost $30K since they're basically unchanged in 40 years I could forgive a lot of that, but the one we drove was a $50K model. Ridiculous.

I absolutely LOVE my Toyota 4Runner and have always wanted an FJ40, but it's more of the same as the Jeep. There's a company making a modern version with a supercharged 4.0L Toyota V6 and 5 speed manual that I'd be all over, but not for the $200K asking price!

View attachment 88124
I've always liked that series of FJ too. I got excited when I saw what you mentioned above about the new ones, then I saw that $200k price and there's no way I'd pay that for one. I wouldn't even pay 1/2 that for one.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #43
The Bronco Sport is just a mall crawling soccer mom ride with a Bronco bade on it. Not even in the same ball park.

I've owned my 4Runner coming up on 21 years. Hard to believe and it's getting to a point it needs a bit of restoration. I looked at doing an LS swap in it some time back, but clearing all the front 4WD system seems to be the problem.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If one of these had a V8 in it, I couldn't control myself. The TT V6 making over 400 ft/lbs is respectable though, but the engine is horrendous to look at.

When I heard rumors the Jeep would be getting a 392 my ears perked up. So I rented one for a week to get a feel for it. I hate to say it but it was the worst driving vehicle I've ever driven. So noisy I couldn't have a conversation with my wife without yelling, rattles, and wandered all over the road so much it made me nervous to drive it at hwy speed. Maybe you get used to all that over time, but for someone driving one for the first time it was very under whelming. If they only cost $30K since they're basically unchanged in 40 years I could forgive a lot of that, but the one we drove was a $50K model. Ridiculous.

I absolutely LOVE my Toyota 4Runner and have always wanted an FJ40, but it's more of the same as the Jeep. There's a company making a modern version with a supercharged 4.0L Toyota V6 and 5 speed manual that I'd be all over, but not for the $200K asking price!

View attachment 88124
My dad had one of those toyotas back around 1980. There was a heater behind the front seats on the floor I remember getting close to on cold nights driving home

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #45
I've always liked that series of FJ too. I got excited when I saw what you mentioned above about the new ones, then I saw that $200k price and there's no way I'd pay that for one. I wouldn't even pay 1/2 that for one.
It's an interesting concept. I guess these guys bought the dies to stamp the bodies and appear to do excellent work, but holy cow the price.

https://www.fj.co/ourwork/g40series

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It's an interesting concept. I guess these guys bought the dies to stamp the bodies and appear to do excellent work, but holy cow the price.

https://www.fj.co/ourwork/g40series
I entered a drawing for one on Omaze. When I saw the cash prize amount that you could take instead, that's when I looked into them because I couldn't believe how high it was.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Either you like the jeep thing or you don't. Me, my latest 392 is awaiting production and will join my 2023 2 door Rubicon. I was on the initial list for a Bronco...to flip it, but canceled the order because Jeep came out with the 392 first... Each to their own.

Member ID
Reactions
City
ORCHARD PARK
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon..Hellcat..Viper (2)..Prowlwer..Ram 1500
Being shunned and being hated are two different things...

:p
Not if your Amish...:oops:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Either you like the jeep thing or you don't. Me, my latest 392 is awaiting production and will join my 2023 2 door Rubicon. I was on the initial list for a Bronco...to flip it, but canceled the order because Jeep came out with the 392 first... Each to their own.
I was surprised that they don't offer the 392 in the Gladiator.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I was surprised that they don't offer the 392 in the Gladiator.
I hope they do by next year when the wife orders her 2023 Gladiator but I doubt it. By the way I am extremely biased on this subject. I've noted many posts I wanted to comment on but I will keep it to myself but a big one is that Jeep builds a lot of 392 Wranglers! There is a lot being built for it being an $80K+++ vehicle when most are in the $40s

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I have owned many Jeeps and the Bronco is the better over the road vehicle with it’s IFS over the Solid Axle. The V6 twin turbo is a 100 mph vehicle not even struggling. The issue is the tires are not rated for much over 100 mph. I loved my Jeep Gladiator and never would have sold it if the 392 was in her. Traded the Gladiator for the Supersnake Sport Truck.
The Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro is a really nice package and bang for the buck pre Crazy Car Pricing. Sorry for all the pics but it’s turned into the Bronco vs Jeep comparison and the Bronco wins ask me how I know😁

9BBDC984-BCD4-476A-914F-44989D09339A.jpeg 222F2114-7C3C-404E-A126-A22A9B642B6E.jpeg 1E1BB226-C6FE-4FCC-9341-DE6F9580CC96.jpeg 337C8547-4531-4474-84A9-6F6E9324145F.jpeg AFB2781B-C420-4CFE-ADAB-6E9CE46248A5.jpeg 306BFCCD-18C3-4F81-ADE2-FB2829F075DC.jpeg 1011B5F9-8BDA-4C5D-BBE5-EB28865EDE3A.jpeg CC83B610-BCFE-44B1-A780-6B6DFE4AC1F8.jpeg 6D84D849-21DD-49D5-BA91-7EE587306B52.jpeg 6DBC6D2E-6852-4A8B-A322-5B04C03EB8CE.jpeg

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh yeh here is my 4Runner I picked up used.
1960DCDE-0FAB-4B6E-A29A-22CC659D3EF9.jpeg

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I've been admiring pictures but not really considering one as don't have the need. There was a Sport in the supermarket car park yesterday. I'd only driven passed one and close up it was underwhelming, looked like it was made of plastic and quite disappointing. God knows what they were thinking with the C pillar arrangement, looks like they took a slice off a topper and glued it on instead of a trunk. From pictures the big one definitely looks a lot better.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've been admiring pictures but not really considering one as don't have the need. There was a Sport in the supermarket car park yesterday. I'd only driven passed one and close up it was underwhelming, looked like it was made of plastic and quite disappointing. God knows what they were thinking with the C pillar arrangement, looks like they took a slice off a topper and glued it on instead of a trunk. From pictures the big one definitely looks a lot better.
The Sport is like comparing your TRX to a Dodge Dakota. It’s a price vehicle not anything alike or similar to the actual Bronco.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I hope they do by next year when the wife orders her 2023 Gladiator but I doubt it. By the way I am extremely biased on this subject. I've noted many posts I wanted to comment on but I will keep it to myself but a big one is that Jeep builds a lot of 392 Wranglers! There is a lot being built for it being an $80K+++ vehicle when most are in the $40s
I really like the Gladiator Mojave and think it would be awesome with a 392.

My friend has been a Jeep fanatic since we were kids. I don't think I've ever known him to not have a Jeep of one model or another all these years. He has a Gladiator Mojave and has modded it. He's working on a 2014 Wrangler now that he recently picked up, he's planning to make that one more of a rock crawler. I have the Dana 44 front axle for it in my garage. He looked into swapping a 392 into it but decided not to do it.

392 Jeep can't be had for under $100k around here becasue the dealers all add their adm and jack the prices. Same thing they do to TRX's.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I really like the Gladiator Mojave and think it would be awesome with a 392.

My friend has been a Jeep fanatic since we were kids. I don't think I've ever known him to not have a Jeep of one model or another all these years. He has a Gladiator Mojave and has modded it. He's working on a 2014 Wrangler now that he recently picked up, he's planning to make that one more of a rock crawler. I have the Dana 44 front axle for it in my garage. He looked into swapping a 392 into it but decided not to do it.

392 Jeep can't be had for under $100k around here becasue the dealers all add their adm and jack the prices. Same thing they do to TRX's.
The funny thing is just before the Braptor deal happened I was trying to find a 392 Jeep used but no thanks to SALTY.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The funny thing is just before the Braptor deal happened I was trying to find a 392 Jeep used but no thanks to SALTY.
I looked at the Braptor that came to Bob Davidson on Monday while I was there. I had to stop short of asking price and if it was available. It was Cactus Gray with black interior. I wasn't sure if I would like that color in real life, but I'm now a fan of it. Looks good IRL.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #58
I really wanted to like the Jeep, especially when I heard it was coming with a V8, but oh well. They're just too expensive for what you get IMO and need upgrades on their own if you're gonna do anything major anyway, which I wouldn't. I've just been looking for something fun to take the top and doors off and look good doing it LOL. Bronco is still a bit new yet, so figure I'll watch and wait to let them get the bugs worked out before I get serious about one.

My buddy just got his orange Braptor. It's pretty bad ass but I like the 2 door personally.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #60
With a lot of the problems Dodge has, and Chevy, surely we're not gonna try to say one has fewer QA issues than another, are we?

I bought a first year model 2016 Gen 6 Camaro 2SS and it had so many problems it actually made me dislike the car. The first year it spent about 30% of the time at the dealer with every thing from the HIM (human interface module aka stereo that controlled everything in the car) to the torque converter going out. I'll never get a first year car again, ever.