Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I gotta quit looking at these

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Until recently the only off-road vehicle that fits my needs/environment (high speed desert mostly) is the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. We entertained a Raptor but the "jeep" trails we use would destroy one; literally. Their track is WAY too wide and while I don't mind "Arizona Pin-stripping" on my body panels...I do mind keep them attached and prefer NOT to have them ripped off. With that being said after owning several JK/JL Wranglers we'd swap out our Gladiator Mojave for a Wrangler Mojave in a heartbeat. There's been rumors for the past several years that a Wrangler Mojave was very likely going to be offered, but (of course) that has NOT come to fruition nor is likely to.

I looked HARD recently at a 4-door Sasquatch that was loaded and liked nearly everything I say, save the rear "cargo" compartment which is laughably and pathetically lacking. Folding/removing the rear seat row is of course an option and that'd work fine for us as it's typically just my wife and I anyway.

That leaves me looking at both the WildTrak and Bronco Raptor. A WildTrak equipped the way I'd like would MSRP right at $60K, which is almost $4K lower than the sticker on my Mojave, which was completely loaded (and I certainly didn't pay sticker for). The Raptor, which is obviously significantly more equipped/capable, particularly for the environment I'd use it in, would be about $15K higher, at $75K MSRP.

My concerns about IFS aside and my strong interest in NOT beta testing for Ford (or any other manufacturer for that matter), there's NO fucking way I'd pay about MSRP for either of those vehicles, period. Fast forward a year or two when things likely settle down and I could VERY easily see parting ways with my Mojave for either a WildTrak or Bronco Raptor. I may be a Jeeper but I'm an off-road enthusiast first and brand loyal, second. If Ford/Bronco can do it better than Jeep in the application I need it for, that's the direction I'll go in. Same way I started out with Polaris RZRs and moved on to Can-Am X3s, I want the best possible ride for the environment I'm using it in...
I went back and forth on a similar road as you. A friend bought a Gladiator Mojave last year and has since done a bunch of upgrades to it. I recently looked at the same type vehicle and like everything else, the prices are up from what he paid for his.

The Bronco packages I've been looking at the most are the Outerbanks, Badlands, and Wildtrack. I'm good with any of them as long as they have the Sasquatch package and certain other amenities. For some nice included accessories, it probably makes the most sense for me to order an Everglades since it comes with certain items that I wouldn't have to purchase aftermarket. The blue Wildtrack that one of the dealers has been bugging me about sold last night and the salesman contacted me this morning about how quickly Broncos are selling, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. I told him again that I can afford to wait, and that if Ford releases the hold on X-Plan pricing then I would not be willing to pay above that. I guess there's people that just love to part with their money and pay adm's, but that ain't me.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You should also ask about the optional spare steering parts package. Maybe they can throw one in for free.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You should also ask about the optional spare steering parts package. Maybe they can throw one in for free.
Why would I want stock parts again after something like that, the aftermarket already has it covered.

Just like when I had to buy aftermarket ball joints and trackbars for my Ram diesel trucks cuz the factory ones were junk. Why in the hell would Dodge make a one piece track bar that has a consumable part on the end that you can't replace? Or turn ball joints upside down that had worked perfectly right side up in Dana 60 front axles for decades prior? And then for good measure make sure you had to buy the ball joints from the dealer to start with and charge north of $600 for 4 ball joints. I really enjoyed that fiasco.

Thanks @Jimmy N. ...... I needed to get my blood pressure up to break away all the plaque in my veins from too many years of eating meat. :p

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ok....my driver action figure for the Bronco showed up today. Still waiting on the interior kit to show up, along with a few more accessories :LOL::LOL:

mr. wick.jpg