Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I gotta quit looking at these

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You ain't getting that Raptor for msrp. That will surely be jacked up and there are people paying +/- 100k for those.
Call them. I don't want it. Weather is beautiful in Naples. I was down there yesterday.
Screenshot_20221229_171646_Carscom.jpg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Screenshot_20221229_171920_Chrome.jpg

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #103
My buddy just took delivery of his Raptor. Is already talking about sending it to auction for $125K.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
My buddy just took delivery of his Raptor. Is already talking about sending it to auction for $125K.
All the ones around here are at $100k or more.

These dealers post the "msrp" price and of course when you get there they have the adm sticker on the window. I hate when they play that game. If you're gonna jack up the price, then display the price you really want.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All the ones around here are at $100k or more.

These dealers post the "msrp" price and of course when you get there they have the adm sticker on the window. I hate when they play that game. If you're gonna jack up the price, then display the price you really want.
It's becoming less and less. Many dealers now have unsold inventory that they need to move.

Regular Hellcat Chargers you can buy again for msrp as well Scat Packs.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The one I really want is the Everglades model. It was available in a cool desert tan color for 2022, but they dropped that color for 2023, which makes no sense to me. The Everglades is the only one that comes stock with the snorkle, and winch stock. It's got a few other things too.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The one I really want is the Everglades model. It was available in a cool desert tan color for 2022, but they dropped that color for 2023, which makes no sense to me. The Everglades is the only one that comes stock with the snorkle, and winch stock. It's got a few other things too.

What about gator and python deterrents?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
What about gator and python deterrents?
I've already got those accessories ;)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've already got those accessories ;)
Good luck on that trim package. I only found 2 used across the country. $76-$78K. They both have 2.3 turbo motors.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
It's here!! It's here!! My new Bronco!!

View attachment 91526
View attachment 91527
View attachment 91528

Sorry I got tired of waiting for a real one to show up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So here's the real story....

I have one dealer that shows a white Bronco that I'm interested in on their website, but the mgr tells me that haven't received it yet (still in transit) but their site says it's on the lot. They will give it to me $500 under sticker when it shows. It's a 2022 model.

I have another dealer with a blue 2022 that has reduced their adm from $15k over sticker down to $3500 over sticker. They think that's a great deal, and I have told them no less than 5 times I'm not paying an adm.

I have 1 more dealer that will do sticker, but they don't want to deal with the out of state paperwork. I don't know why that's a big ordeal to them, but it is, so that one is probably out. It's ok because it was 3rd on the list of ones I'm interested in.
I bet if they weren’t selling vehicles out of state paperwork would be nooooo problemo.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well that means they should take off even more money and be willing to deal, afterall, I'm trying to help relieve their pain and misery.
That is very kind of you, but keep in mind that not only do they have to deal with Furds, but also the kind of people that want to buy them.

(Obviously I had CC in mind)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I bet if they weren’t selling vehicles out of state paperwork would be nooooo problemo.
Yeah, i found it odd that they were talking about the financing restrictions, etc. It all seemed a bit far flung.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah, i found it odd that they were talking about the financing restrictions, etc. It all seemed a bit far flung.
If it has a special finance program it may only apply to certain zones.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Good luck on that trim package. I only found 2 used across the country. $76-$78K. They both have 2.3 turbo motors.
Yeah, that trim package sold out quickly, and I don't think a lot of them were ordered right away. I did find a dealer in California that had 2 of them (since sold) and they wanted $90k for them on a sticker price of $57k. The guy asked me if it would help if they came down to $80k, I said yeah, it'll help you but it doesn't do a damn thing for me.

That package only comes with the 2.3 engine becasue they say that the weight of the winch, bracketry, etc offsets the weight difference of not getting the 2.7 V6

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I did find a dealer in California that had 2 of them (since sold) and they wanted $90k for them on a sticker price of $57k.
That's only the beginning. I found a really nicely priced Challenger in CA, and later an Audi at a good price.

Learned from the attempt at buying the Challenger that not only did one of the rebates only apply to CA residents, but the real kicker was that it would've had to be registered there.

By the time you pay the CA registration fees, you might as well pay a 5K ADM at a more local dealer. Also, you'd have to come up with a fake address in CA to make it happen in the first place.

Having friends in CA, including a good insurance guy, I could've done it...but why??

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That's only the beginning. I found a really nicely priced Challenger in CA, and later an Audi at a good price.

Learned from the attempt at buying the Challenger that not only did one of the rebates only apply to CA residents, but the real kicker was that it would've had to be registered there.

By the time you pay the CA registration fees, you might as well pay a 5K ADM at a more local dealer. Also, you'd have to come up with a fake address in CA to make it happen in the first place.

Having friends in CA, including a good insurance guy, I could've done it...but why??
Oh yeah.....I've been through that with them before, and the answer I got was if I drove it off the lot or it hit the streets in Calif after my purchase, then it had to be registered in Calif first, plus pay all of those fancy fees they love to charge. I told the guy that since they offer delivery, I wanted it delivered to the Nevada state line and I would take possession there. There was silence for a few seconds as he didn't know what to say.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
It's here!! It's here!! My new Bronco!!

View attachment 91526
View attachment 91527
View attachment 91528

Sorry I got tired of waiting for a real one to show up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So here's the real story....

I have one dealer that shows a white Bronco that I'm interested in on their website, but the mgr tells me that haven't received it yet (still in transit) but their site says it's on the lot. They will give it to me $500 under sticker when it shows. It's a 2022 model.

I have another dealer with a blue 2022 that has reduced their adm from $15k over sticker down to $3500 over sticker. They think that's a great deal, and I have told them no less than 5 times I'm not paying an adm.

I have 1 more dealer that will do sticker, but they don't want to deal with the out of state paperwork. I don't know why that's a big ordeal to them, but it is, so that one is probably out. It's ok because it was 3rd on the list of ones I'm interested in.
In that case, I have one on order too!

and it's a 2 door ...

lxc14sf4dsj62kblltdb_1500x.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Oh yeah.....I've been through that with them before, and the answer I got was if I drove it off the lot or it hit the streets in Calif after my purchase, then it had to be registered in Calif first, plus pay all of those fancy fees they love to charge. I told the guy that since they offer delivery, I wanted it delivered to the Nevada state line and I would take possession there. There was silence for a few seconds as he didn't know what to say.
In my case they knew I'd trailer it, but that didn't seem to matter.

Also ran into issues when trying to get an Audi RS6 from Arizona that my girlfriend had ordered. That dealer had a short list of approved shippers (brokers, actually) that could pick the car up.

Reliable Carriers wasn't on that list, which is who she prefers using if I can't go get vehicles.

A friend in Kentucky offered to let me use his company name, etc., but while it was doable we decided to let them take care of the transport and hope for the best.

The car did arrive in good shape, and correctly tied down, but...on an open trailer and with a driver that didn't speak a word of English. Yes, our place is easy to find, if you know how. GPSs tend to be up to 10 miles off.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Until recently the only off-road vehicle that fits my needs/environment (high speed desert mostly) is the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. We entertained a Raptor but the "jeep" trails we use would destroy one; literally. Their track is WAY too wide and while I don't mind "Arizona Pin-stripping" on my body panels...I do mind keep them attached and prefer NOT to have them ripped off. With that being said after owning several JK/JL Wranglers we'd swap out our Gladiator Mojave for a Wrangler Mojave in a heartbeat. There's been rumors for the past several years that a Wrangler Mojave was very likely going to be offered, but (of course) that has NOT come to fruition nor is likely to.

I looked HARD recently at a 4-door Sasquatch that was loaded and liked nearly everything I say, save the rear "cargo" compartment which is laughably and pathetically lacking. Folding/removing the rear seat row is of course an option and that'd work fine for us as it's typically just my wife and I anyway.

That leaves me looking at both the WildTrak and Bronco Raptor. A WildTrak equipped the way I'd like would MSRP right at $60K, which is almost $4K lower than the sticker on my Mojave, which was completely loaded (and I certainly didn't pay sticker for). The Raptor, which is obviously significantly more equipped/capable, particularly for the environment I'd use it in, would be about $15K higher, at $75K MSRP.

My concerns about IFS aside and my strong interest in NOT beta testing for Ford (or any other manufacturer for that matter), there's NO fucking way I'd pay above MSRP for either of those vehicles, period. Fast forward a year or two when things likely settle down and I could VERY easily see parting ways with my Mojave for either a WildTrak or Bronco Raptor. I may be a Jeeper but I'm an off-road enthusiast first and brand loyal, second. If Ford/Bronco can do it better than Jeep in the application I need it for, that's the direction I'll go in. Same way I started out with Polaris RZRs and moved on to Can-Am X3s, I want the best possible ride for the environment I'm using it in...

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
........, I want the best possible ride for the environment I'm using it in...
There's a hooker joke in there somewhere......I just know there is........

:p:p