Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad day at work...really bad...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
He should probably be seeing a doctor and getting into a hot tub for some relief.
I've been puttin off buyin a hot tub for years..no more..I'll be @ the pool store sat.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've been puttin off buyin a hot tub for years..no more..I'll be @ the pool store sat.
I hope you're feeling OK. Those hits can make you hurt for days.

We just keep the pool at 85°.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I see the weather in the artic will be downright cold, better put a few extra logs under the hot tub, you'll need a big fire, as you want to be nice and warm...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
Funny thing...years ago in our local mall there was a cool store called sharper image..they always had those zero gravity chairs out front you could sit in..I dont think they sold many cause they were quite expensive..the young sales guy said take yer shoes off and sit down..i'll set you up with a 15min program..I thought i'd died and gone to heaven...I was as loose as a bowl of creamed corn...I bought the chair on the spot...never told my wife...they delivered it and set it up...and my wife said all that money..yer gonna use it a few times and there it will sit...that was over 12 yrs. ago...maybe more...I use it religiously...twice a week...(the leather is almost worn out)..she uses the same argument about a hot tub...read my lips...the tub is coming...I wish I had it now...

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I see the weather in the artic will be downright cold, better put a few extra logs under the hot tub, you'll need a big fire, as you want to be nice and warm...
Better off putting it inside the garage. Move a couple of those cars outside?

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Better off putting it inside the garage. Move a couple of those cars outside?
Not a chance in france...we have a concrete pad next to our deck...plan on gettin a 4 person tub..with a redwood gazebo..it will be awesome in the winter...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #47
Not a chance in france...we have a concrete pad next to our deck...plan on gettin a 4 person tub..with a redwood gazebo..it will be awesome in the winter...
I told my wife were gonna do a wk end @ this luxury hotel with jacuzzi suites fri. and sat...not in any real intense pain..just really sore over every inch of my body...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I told my wife were gonna do a wk end @ this luxury hotel with jacuzzi suites fri. and sat...not in any real intense pain..just really sore over every inch of my body...
Make sure they sanitize it before you use it or you do it. No telling how long or what's in the water sitting in the pumps.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
Make sure they sanitize it before you use it or you do it. No telling how long or what's in the water sitting in the pumps.
Good advice...never thought of that...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Good advice...never thought of that...
A friends wife got a nasty infection years ago.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Feel better. What a story. Glad you are still with us. What a day for you.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Funny thing...years ago in our local mall there was a cool store called sharper image..they always had those zero gravity chairs out front you could sit in..I dont think they sold many cause they were quite expensive..the young sales guy said take yer shoes off and sit down..i'll set you up with a 15min program..I thought i'd died and gone to heaven...I was as loose as a bowl of creamed corn...I bought the chair on the spot...never told my wife...they delivered it and set it up...and my wife said all that money..yer gonna use it a few times and there it will sit...that was over 12 yrs. ago...maybe more...I use it religiously...twice a week...(the leather is almost worn out)..she uses the same argument about a hot tub...read my lips...the tub is coming...I wish I had it now...
@WhipCat

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Glad you are ok.
The air bags may have made things worse without the seat belt on.
Hopefully today won't suck too much.
The winter is the best time to use it. 100 degree water with snow falling on your head. Paradise.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Just stumbling across this now. Echoing what everyone else has said. Glad you are OK....and could have been much worse.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Oh. one other thing. Until you get that hot tub, an acceptable substitution for muscle relaxation would be to head down to that extensive bar of yours, and partake of some prescription strength bourbon.:p

Please don't mix any Kentucky prescriptions with any the local doctors have given you though...o_O

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
1. Glad you made it out bud. I think I still owe you a bourbon… we should make that happen this year.

2. Everyone look at your passenger airbag next time you’re in your car (maybe even your steering wheel)… it says SRS on it. That means Secondary Restraining Device… it’s secondary to your seatbelt. If the seatbelt is not latched the airbags will not deploy.
If someone is in the passenger seat and is not buckled, the airbag light will illuminate.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #57
1. Glad you made it out bud. I think I still owe you a bourbon… we should make that happen this year.

2. Everyone look at your passenger airbag next time you’re in your car (maybe even your steering wheel)… it says SRS on it. That means Secondary Restraining Device… it’s secondary to your seatbelt. If the seatbelt is not latched the airbags will not deploy.
If someone is in the passenger seat and is not buckled, the airbag light will illuminate.
well that explains why the air bags never deployed...can't say I knew that...you sure yer not one of those sneaky intellectual guys:unsure::unsure::giggle::giggle:;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #58
well that explains why the air bags never deployed...can't say I knew that...you sure yer not one of those sneaky intellectual guys:unsure::unsure::giggle::giggle:;)
Well got the news from my agent this morning...the kid that caused the accident has the minimum liability through Geiko..(go figure)..it won't even cover the damage to my truck..then ..get this..he damaged the guard rail...so even though the guard rail was the last thing damaged...the state of NY is first in line for payment...WTF..so now I have to use my collision coverage ...then they in turn subrogate against his company for what's ever left of his 10,000 coverage...the repair shop now has to wait for my adjuster to access the damage...the shop told me it will be totaled...I called Northtown on the blvd..(my dealer...) the truck is leased through Chrysler financial,,,I told them i cant wait for i's to be dotted and t's crossed...I NEED A NEW TRUCK NOW...It's the middle of Nov. and this is my primary plow vehicle..the weather is great today ...but this is Buffalo...so now @ 1 I'm off to see the neurologist..tmro MRI....this shit is fuckin up my whole week....it doesn't help that patience is not my greatest virtue:mad::mad:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well got the news from my agent this morning...the kid that caused the accident has the minimum liability through Geiko..(go figure)..it won't even cover the damage to my truck..then ..get this..he damaged the guard rail...so even though the guard rail was the last thing damaged...the state of NY is first in line for payment...WTF..so now I have to use my collision coverage ...then they in turn subrogate against his company for what's ever left of his 10,000 coverage...the repair shop now has to wait for my adjuster to access the damage...the shop told me it will be totaled...I called Northtown on the blvd..(my dealer...) the truck is leased through Chrysler financial,,,I told them i cant wait for i's to be dotted and t's crossed...I NEED A NEW TRUCK NOW...It's the middle of Nov. and this is my primary plow vehicle..the weather is great today ...but this is Buffalo...so now @ 1 I'm off to see the neurologist..tmro MRI....this shit is fuckin up my whole week....it doesn't help that patience is not my greatest virtue:mad::mad:
Try and chill out. I know it's tough. I'm still sitting here on muscle drugs not doing much of anything.

At our age shit takes time to heal or you will forever be fucked up and in pain.

You'll get a truck. There's a shitload of Rams sitting on the lot.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
Try and chill out. I know it's tough. I'm still sitting here on muscle drugs not doing much of anything.

At our age shit takes time to heal or you will forever be fucked up and in pain.

You'll get a truck. There's a shitload of Rams sitting on the lot.
My wife says the same thing...this morning now my rib cage is sore,,,WTF..I still feel like I went 3 rds. with Mike Tyson...I've always felt good..and have been pain free...I can't imagine having to deal with daily prolonged pain..wouldn't want to be goin through your ordeal that's for sure...:(:(