Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad day at work...really bad...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Today started out like any other day...@2pm I had to retrieve a package some 4 miles from the office...on the return trip I take the interstate..I was in my DD..(ram 1500)..I must have made the trip thousands of times in my life without incident..I ALWAYS wear my seat belt..except today...when I got in the truck..the mechanism stuck...and I was not about to fuck with it..less than 2 miles from my office...I was traveling North on I 190...it's 3 lanes northbound...in this area there is an entrance ramp to the interstate making it 4...I was in the left lane traveling @ 65 mph..in a 55 mph zone...next thing I know there is a PU truck broadside in front of me..heading for the concrete barrier...I hit him broadside as he made contact with the barrier..never had time to lift off the gas much less hit the brake..when the dust settled..he had been hit by 2 more cars and ended up on the guard rail across the way...to make a long story as short as I can.. my air bags never deployed..(probably because of my under carriage plow assembly)...my head hit the rear view mirror tore it off the windshield along with other controls behind it..I broke the windshield with my head..and the mirror assembly put a 6" gash in my head..not deep but bled like hell...my thighs got bruised..hamstring tweaked..bent the steering wheel...I probably like a tennis ball in there...it took them some time to get the kid outta his truck...he told me he was entering the highway the car in front was going too slow..so he gunned it (his words)..passed her on the inside..lost it and came straight across 3 line of traffic traveling 60/65...hes lucky he's not dead...my truck is a mess..(hope they total it....)...I got no broken bones..but feel beat up...probably will feel worse tmro...moral of the story...WEAR YER SEAT BELT

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Wow! I hope you feel better and recover quickly.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Glad you’re ok. You might have still been hurt even with your seatbelt hooked up. We had an accident a few years ago. Airbags deployed but my wife had a cracked sternum from the seatbelt.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Today started out like any other day...@2pm I had to retrieve a package some 4 miles from the office...on the return trip I take the interstate..I was in my DD..(ram 1500)..I must have made the trip thousands of times in my life without incident..I ALWAYS wear my seat belt..except today...when I got in the truck..the mechanism stuck...and I was not about to fuck with it..less than 2 miles from my office...I was traveling North on I 190...it's 3 lanes northbound...in this area there is an entrance ramp to the interstate making it 4...I was in the left lane traveling @ 65 mph..in a 55 mph zone...next thing I know there is a PU truck broadside in front of me..heading for the concrete barrier...I hit him broadside as he made contact with the barrier..never had time to lift off the gas much less hit the brake..when the dust settled..he had been hit by 2 more cars and ended up on the guard rail across the way...to make a long story as short as I can.. my air bags never deployed..(probably because of my under carriage plow assembly)...my head hit the rear view mirror tore it off the windshield along with other controls behind it..I broke the windshield with my head..and the mirror assembly put a 6" gash in my head..not deep but bled like hell...my thighs got bruised..hamstring tweaked..bent the steering wheel...I probably like a tennis ball in there...it took them some time to get the kid outta his truck...he told me he was entering the highway the car in front was going too slow..so he gunned it (his words)..passed her on the inside..lost it and came straight across 3 line of traffic traveling 60/65...hes lucky he's not dead...my truck is a mess..(hope they total it....)...I got no broken bones..but feel beat up...probably will feel worse tmro...moral of the story...WEAR YER SEAT BELT
Fck Gary.
Tomorrow is going to suck.
If you got some pain killers, take before you go to bed.
Also, Get checked for whiplash, it's a mutherfkr.
Will come back and bite you in a month or more.
Prayers brother

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Wow! Glad you didn’t die!!!!
Pics of truck if you get a chance to get any!
I used to run wrecker service for my dads body shop and always found smashed vehicles interesting, what it takes to fix them is amazing! What can be fixed us even more amazing. Modern cars are not designed to be fixed after an accident like that like older ones were.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Glad you weren't killed. Dorry the truck is now junk, but its easily replaced, you, not so much. Yup, you’ll feel like shit in a day or two.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Coming here to post about it a few hours later is a blessing.

Hope you fully recover in no time. Prayers your way.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Wow! I hope you feel better and recover quickly.
My wife says I will feel worse tmro...:unsure:

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Fck Gary.
Tomorrow is going to suck.
If you got some pain killers, take before you go to bed.
Also, Get checked for whiplash, it's a mutherfkr.
Will come back and bite you in a month or more.
Prayers brother
Thanks big guy ...somebody was wacthin over me...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Dang man glad you're OK. Take those pain killers before bed and plan on relaxing tomorrow.

Years ago a guy in a Blazer went sideways in front of me and hit the barrier. I avoided him but the semi behind tboned him. Burst in to flames. Me and another guy helped him escape and he didn't have a scratch. Miracle. The semi burned to the ground melting the asphalt.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Glad you’re well enough to type this message. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It was not your day. Glad you are still with us! Wow what a story.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn 😬. Glad you’re ok.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
That sucks. Glad your ok.(y)

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Damn brother glad you survived it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Yikes

Glad everyone was able to walk away.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Oh no I hope you’re alright man!!! Praying for a speedy recovery

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The wife is correct, you're gonna be hurting the next few days so take it real slow, prob. best not to drive till you are sure everything is OK.
If something does feel 'off' seek treatment ASAP, the body does weird stuff immediately after an accident that keeps you from fully realizing the extent of the damage !

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Good to know you’re okay. Don’t forget to thank the Big Guy. 🙏🏻 ;)

Keith Richards

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - 2016 HC 6 -spd
Glad you are ok and hope the best for a speedy recovery - 2nd-3rd day will tell much more............