Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad day at work...really bad...

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Today started out like any other day...@2pm I had to retrieve a package some 4 miles from the office...on the return trip I take the interstate..I was in my DD..(ram 1500)..I must have made the trip thousands of times in my life without incident..I ALWAYS wear my seat belt..except today...when I got in the truck..the mechanism stuck...and I was not about to fuck with it..less than 2 miles from my office...I was traveling North on I 190...it's 3 lanes northbound...in this area there is an entrance ramp to the interstate making it 4...I was in the left lane traveling @ 65 mph..in a 55 mph zone...next thing I know there is a PU truck broadside in front of me..heading for the concrete barrier...I hit him broadside as he made contact with the barrier..never had time to lift off the gas much less hit the brake..when the dust settled..he had been hit by 2 more cars and ended up on the guard rail across the way...to make a long story as short as I can.. my air bags never deployed..(probably because of my under carriage plow assembly)...my head hit the rear view mirror tore it off the windshield along with other controls behind it..I broke the windshield with my head..and the mirror assembly put a 6" gash in my head..not deep but bled like hell...my thighs got bruised..hamstring tweaked..bent the steering wheel...I probably like a tennis ball in there...it took them some time to get the kid outta his truck...he told me he was entering the highway the car in front was going too slow..so he gunned it (his words)..passed her on the inside..lost it and came straight across 3 line of traffic traveling 60/65...hes lucky he's not dead...my truck is a mess..(hope they total it....)...I got no broken bones..but feel beat up...probably will feel worse tmro...moral of the story...WEAR YER SEAT BELT
I wish the very best!!!

Suggestion, get checked out! I was in a serious accident about 5 years, ago. I attempted to work the next day, stupid move on my part. Finally, with bad pain, went to ER, all kinds of tests including CT and X-rays. The pain took a day or two, to manifest. Hopefully, you recover, quickly, without long term problems! Good Luck!!!

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Hope you're OKAY, but damn hitting your head and cracking the windshield that could have been really serious.

I was in a head on collision some 18 years ago. Just reading this makes my back hurt all over again. Seat belt tweaked my back and hips it took months to get better. The adrenaline from the accident wore off by the next day and that's when the pain set in. I didn't take any pain meds just lots of ice packs. 5mg oxy will have me puking my guts out.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Bad day but you are still here to tell about it so it could have been much worse. Ice cream always help on recovery:geek:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@1971demon I'm glad you are OK and keep us updated.

You have a whole community of people cheering you on and wishing you well.

Take care,
Linda :)

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Today started out like any other day...@2pm I had to retrieve a package some 4 miles from the office...on the return trip I take the interstate..I was in my DD..(ram 1500)..I must have made the trip thousands of times in my life without incident..I ALWAYS wear my seat belt..except today...when I got in the truck..the mechanism stuck...and I was not about to fuck with it..less than 2 miles from my office...I was traveling North on I 190...it's 3 lanes northbound...in this area there is an entrance ramp to the interstate making it 4...I was in the left lane traveling @ 65 mph..in a 55 mph zone...next thing I know there is a PU truck broadside in front of me..heading for the concrete barrier...I hit him broadside as he made contact with the barrier..never had time to lift off the gas much less hit the brake..when the dust settled..he had been hit by 2 more cars and ended up on the guard rail across the way...to make a long story as short as I can.. my air bags never deployed..(probably because of my under carriage plow assembly)...my head hit the rear view mirror tore it off the windshield along with other controls behind it..I broke the windshield with my head..and the mirror assembly put a 6" gash in my head..not deep but bled like hell...my thighs got bruised..hamstring tweaked..bent the steering wheel...I probably like a tennis ball in there...it took them some time to get the kid outta his truck...he told me he was entering the highway the car in front was going too slow..so he gunned it (his words)..passed her on the inside..lost it and came straight across 3 line of traffic traveling 60/65...hes lucky he's not dead...my truck is a mess..(hope they total it....)...I got no broken bones..but feel beat up...probably will feel worse tmro...moral of the story...WEAR YER SEAT BELT
I suggest 12 to 16 beers & some cold Canadian bagged milk wrapped around the stiff areas to ease the muscle pain !!!

Fucken around aside
Glad your still here to post 1971

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
So glad you are OK. Otherwise who would help with your son's Halloween display next year?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Every time I've been hurt in or on a vehicle, it's been when it shouldn't have happened. (As opposed to when I've been racing and risk was relatively high)

Best wishes, heal fast!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Glad you are ok.
The air bags may have made things worse without the seat belt on.
Hopefully today won't suck too much.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
So glad you are OK. Otherwise who would help with your son's Halloween display next year?
We took them down last Sat....hope you had a chance to get down to see them...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
Every time I've been hurt in or on a vehicle, it's been when it shouldn't have happened. (As opposed to when I've been racing and risk was relatively high)

Best wishes, heal fast!
Thanks big guy...(and to everyone)...this morning I feel like I got dropped outta a chopper from 50 feet,,,I've had a compromised rotator shoulder that has been managed through exercise..that hurts like hell...minor neck pain..forearm bruise..hamstring burns like hell..back seems fine...thighs both deep bruised...Motrin didn't do much...I'm walkin around like Quasimodo...my wife says the gash on my head makes me look like Gorbachauf....she got a chuckle outta that...till she realized I cant bend over to put my socks on...I told her she made a great lookin slave kneelin @ my feet to put em on...(she didn't see the humor...)I've felt worse..just cant remember when...hell she even had to help me put my jacket on...I know just how fortunate I am...this coulda been alot worse..for both of us...the best part..my 95 yr.old mother brought over chicken soup last nite..(the best in the world)...then proceeded to yell @ me for driving too fast...God love her;)

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Thanks everyone for your concern...it's much appreciated...you guys are the best...(y)(y)(y)..(.dont think this means I actually like any of you guys):giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::p:p:p;)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thanks everyone for your concern...it's much appreciated...you guys are the best...(y)(y)(y)..(.dont think this means I actually like any of you guys):giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::p:p:p;)
Now, I know you are recovering "Your" sense of humor is doing well!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My wife says I will feel worse tmro...:unsure:
Take it easy today and probably the next week. If you start feeling funny anywhere make sure you get medical attention.

Feel better!

Just saw this.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I told her she made a great lookin slave kneelin @ my feet to put em on...
Next time, socks on before underwear & pants ................ :unsure::whistle::devilish:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Next time, socks on before underwear & pants ................ :unsure::whistle::devilish:
He should probably be seeing a doctor and getting into a hot tub for some relief.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm sure God was on your side for this. Seems like it could've been much worse.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Man, I'd seriously consider getting checked out. Friend of mine tripped and fell and hit his head. Thought no big deal. Died the next day. No joke.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry to hear this. Hope you recover ASAP. Take care my friend.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm sure God was on your side for this. Seems like it could've been much worse.
Agreed...without question...
Man, I'd seriously consider getting checked out. Friend of mine tripped and fell and hit his head. Thought no big deal. Died the next day. No joke.
My sister (who's in the Medical field) got me an accelerated appt for an MRI. from her neurologist friend..I see him tmro...and the MRI is fri. morning...she cut through a lotta red tape to fast track things...I wouldn't be doin any of this on my own...but my mother and sister just wont let up...

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
Sorry to hear this. Hope you recover ASAP. Take care my friend.
Thanks man..