Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insurance jumped 30%! Anything to do with the dragway or land speed trials???

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I have had Geico for almost 10 years. My hellcat insurance hasn’t moved more than a buck or 2 year over year since I’ve had it. Sorry you guys are seeing yours jacked up.
You are the exception. Everyone’s is going up, everywhere.

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
You are the exception. Everyone’s is going up, everywhere.
I’m going to need agreed upon value insurance now anyway since I’ve got significant money into the car with the engine rebuild and other performance parts so I’m sure I’ll get raked when I do that.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m going to need agreed upon value insurance now anyway since I’ve got significant money into the car with the engine rebuild and other performance parts so I’m sure I’ll get raked when I do that.
Keep me posted. Contemplating going this route for mine if this next deal settles out the way it's looking.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #64
I have had Geico for almost 10 years. My hellcat insurance hasn’t moved more than a buck or 2 year over year since I’ve had it. Sorry you guys are seeing yours jacked up.
You're a young guy so you wouldn't know, but back in the day....

Geico would purchase radar units and donate them to PD's encouraging them to use them and write tickets, thereby justifying rate increases and higher profits. I never considered them after that.

It is possible they are different now and the people that pulled that crap back then are all dead! ;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have no violations or accidents ever clean as can be and it keeps going up
I think I pretty much explained why that happens...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You're a young guy so you wouldn't know, but back in the day....

Geico would purchase radar units and donate them to PD's encouraging them to use them and write tickets, thereby justifying rate increases and higher profits. I never considered them after that.

It is possible they are different now and the people that pulled that crap back then are all dead! ;)
Your right about a less than stellar driving record being another reason to bend you over by the insurance companies.(and they will).even though most chicken shit V&T violations really aren't a true indicator of a drivers safety record:(

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Guys what’s funny is I’ve been through the wringer with the insurance company probably more than all of you. They’ve been raising my rates every year since forever I’ve changed companies a few times. I’m just waiting right now till October for the last ticket to clear off my record then I can finally get a good deal on insurance through Haggerty. Right now I’m getting hosed! They want 3200 for both my hellcats for the year. 6400 dollars that’s after I adjusted my insurance and took away half the coverage! They were going to put it at get this 9 grand. Now be that I have 3 past speeding tickets one they got me on a reckless for spinning the tires which was out of state actually all 3 tickets were out of state long story short before 2020 tickets out of state of PA in Maryland where I go to the shore points didn’t carry over. So I used to in the past 2010 - 2020 get speeding tickets on occasion in Maryland and they Never went against my record. Well little did I know back in 2021 my insurance guy told me no they work on a Merit system now so even if you don’t get points insurance companies can stick it up your ass because you have 7 merits on your record even though I have 0 points. So that was a lesson learned for me. Moral of the story come October I’ll have both hellcats and my work truck on a policy from haggerty for less than half of what I’m paying now. They only require no tickets for 3 years that’s the catch

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
But yeah they really screwed me. The other year they wrote me up for 7200 for insurance for the two cars. I couldn’t get a better policy so I had to pay it so this year I adjusted it as said before. So guess what they did to me. So i was paying 7200 but I had really good coverage everything was like 250 and 500k liability. So I cut everything in half and put my deductible up to 2k and I told them both cars are low mileage under 5k a year and also agreed no one else will drive my vehicle. With all that that got me down to 5170 dollars. So 6 weeks later I get a bill saying well even though you adjusted your coverage our rates for 2024 have changed. So now you’re going to pay 6400 dollars basically 800 less than I was paying the year before for the two vehicles and oh yeah now your coverage is cut in half. You see how they pull that sh*t. Frankly i was already annoyed I’m getting gouged but that rate hike just after I had adjusted my policy really ticked me for off a few days.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Guys what’s funny is I’ve been through the wringer with the insurance company probably more than all of you. They’ve been raising my rates every year since forever I’ve changed companies a few times. I’m just waiting right now till October for the last ticket to clear off my record then I can finally get a good deal on insurance through Haggerty. Right now I’m getting hosed! They want 3200 for both my hellcats for the year. 6400 dollars that’s after I adjusted my insurance and took away half the coverage! They were going to put it at get this 9 grand. Now be that I have 3 past speeding tickets one they got me on a reckless for spinning the tires which was out of state actually all 3 tickets were out of state long story short before 2020 tickets out of state of PA in Maryland where I go to the shore points didn’t carry over. So I used to in the past 2010 - 2020 get speeding tickets on occasion in Maryland and they Never went against my record. Well little did I know back in 2021 my insurance guy told me no they work on a Merit system now so even if you don’t get points insurance companies can stick it up your ass because you have 7 merits on your record even though I have 0 points. So that was a lesson learned for me. Moral of the story come October I’ll have both hellcats and my work truck on a policy from haggerty for less than half of what I’m paying now. They only require no tickets for 3 years that’s the catch
Multiple speeding...and a reckless charge..yikes..your premiums could have been worse..and just because the state you got nabbed in doesn't have reciprocity with your state (as far as points go)..the insurance company still can access those violations and raise your rates...thank God Haggarty goes back only 3 yrs. there are some that go back 5 or more years...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
But yeah they really screwed me. The other year they wrote me up for 7200 for insurance for the two cars. I couldn’t get a better policy so I had to pay it so this year I adjusted it as said before. So guess what they did to me. So i was paying 7200 but I had really good coverage everything was like 250 and 500k liability. So I cut everything in half and put my deductible up to 2k and I told them both cars are low mileage under 5k a year and also agreed no one else will drive my vehicle. With all that that got me down to 5170 dollars. So 6 weeks later I get a bill saying well even though you adjusted your coverage our rates for 2024 have changed. So now you’re going to pay 6400 dollars basically 800 less than I was paying the year before for the two vehicles and oh yeah now your coverage is cut in half. You see how they pull that sh*t. Frankly i was already annoyed I’m getting gouged but that rate hike just after I had adjusted my policy really ticked me for off a few days.
Unfortunately insurance is a necessary evil...and they have most of us by the balls...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Unfortunately insurance is a necessary evil...and they have most of us by the balls...
And there is nothing to indicate this insurance dilemma is goin to get any better...

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #72
Move to NH, car insurance is not mandatory except:

Auto insurance is always recommended in New Hampshire but seldom required. If you're convicted of any of the traffic violations listed below, you'll need to purchase a policy:
  • Driving while intoxicated
  • A hit-and-run
  • A second speeding ticket
  • A second warning or ticket for other traffic violations
When you are required to buy auto insurance, your insurer will need to file an SR-22 form on your behalf. This form acts as your proof of financial responsibility for the future.

Simple answer, control yourself, relax, and never react. Let all the aholes be aholes and just let them go. Save your energy for the track!

Screen1.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Also, having only the bare minimum, which would be liability in most states, could save a bunch of money.

Unless...the car isn't actually yours because there's a loan on it. Then it can get pricey.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m at $3800 a year for 2 cars I’m livid. They’ve been raising it every 6 months, it’s out of control. Went up $40 a month just now, before that $60 a month. For no reason. Spotless driving record

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not worth it only having liability. Too many people driving with no insurance
Also, having only the bare minimum, which would be liability in most states, could save a bunch of money.

Unless...the car isn't actually yours because there's a loan on it. Then it can get pricey.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I’m at $3800 a year for 2 cars I’m livid. They’ve been raising it every 6 months, it’s out of control. Went up $40 a month just now, before that $60 a month. For no reason
Damn! That's only about $150 less per month than I pay for five cars, an umbrella, and home insurance.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Damn! That's only about $150 less per month than I pay for five cars, an umbrella, and home insurance.
I have full coverage in both. It would have been cheaper with the umbrella, but the home owners they partner with and want you to switch to is the worst in the state, and would need new inspections that I’d have to foot the bill for. So there goes any savings out the window

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s out of control down here. But I also almost get ran off the road every time I’m out, people are idiots doen here they all drive without regard for their life yet alone their car. It’s nuts

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Insurance of every type is a scam down here and needs to be state regulated I have no idea what the heck they’re doing. The roads too I swear the windshield companies just drop rocks on purpose. Road construction with zero cleanup.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I have full coverage in both. It would have been cheaper with the umbrella, but the home owners they partner with and want you to switch to is the worst in the state, and would need new inspections that I’d have to foot the bill for. So there goes any savings out the window
All but one of my cars have full coverage, and with high limits.

But I don't need to pay the alligator or hurricane surcharges.