Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Insurance jumped 30%! Anything to do with the dragway or land speed trials???

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My insurance jumped 30% last year. I wonder if it had anything to do with the drag strip or land speed trials...

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2024...ers-share-driving-data-with-insurance-giants/
Don't look for this insurance fiasco to improve any time soon...Fla is being hit hard...100% premium increases are not unusual...and some companies have pulled out of the state altogether...look for more of this..many factors @ work here...ins. fraud..uninsured motorists...sky rocketing repair costs...drastic increase in car theft..to name a few...doesn't matter your history or clean driving record...your gonna shoulder the costs of all these factors...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Are you an insurance agent? They regurgitate that same garbage every time I call to yell about my rate going up 30% every 6 months. I’m tired of it
Don't look for this insurance fiasco to improve any time soon...Fla is being hit hard...100% premium increases are not unusual...and some companies have pulled out of the state altogether...look for more of this..many factors @ work here...ins. fraud..uninsured motorists...sky rocketing repair costs...drastic increase in car theft..to name a few...doesn't matter your history or clean driving record...your gonna shoulder the costs of all these factors...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Are you an insurance agent? They regurgitate that same garbage every time I call to yell about my rate going up 30% every 6 months. I’m tired of it
That’s the same BS they told me when I called. Clean driving record here too but the story about cars spying on us was also on our news last night. Another bunch of BS. I’m going to continue to get some quotes and see what I can come up with but unfortunately my initial quotes aren’t looking any better.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Mine went up $40 a month with the Durango instead of the $20 they told me and I had to raise my deductibles to get it that low I was furious

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Where did you ever see an insurance agent sellin Donuts....:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Where did you ever see an insurance agent sellin Donuts....:unsure:
It's a business...not that complicated...premiums vs. losses...in NYS...the law requires a min 10,000 liability policy...so some young inexperienced driver hits you...does 20.000 worth of damage to your car...(not your fault mind you..) you use your collision coverage to cover the damage...your ins. company then subrogates against the party @ fault...they collect 10,000..(maybe)..your car gets fixed minus any deductible you may have...now if you haven't paid over 10.000 a year in premiums...the ins. company looses money....this happens more than you would think..(ask me how I know)..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well if your that tired of it...just sell your car..and buy a horse...I get your frustration..9 cars..26 motorcycles..(all fully insured in NYS)..wanna trade insurance bills:unsure::unsure:;)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mine went up $40 a month with the Durango instead of the $20 they told me and I had to raise my deductibles to get it that low I was furious
Durango's are wicked expensive to insure, both mine were way more than the Hellcat which made zero sense to me.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes !! Also Dodge (and all of Stellantis) is doing it now. When I bought my Hellcat & DD R/T (2016 & 18 respectively) you had to opt-in and accept the tracking. With the '23 DSRT it had changed and you had to make 2 calls to opt-out :mad:. Appears this began on 1/1/23 but may be on earlier models.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/connectedservices/privacy.html

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
A lot of information in the media the past few days about car companies and tech selling your private data gleaned via apps, sirius, onstar etc. First it was voluntary via companies like Progressive offering lower rates if you let them monitor your driving behavior. It was just a matter of time before the insurance companies found a way to get that information without your express permission. No doubt, the cost of repairs increased but it doesn't explain the massive rise in rates this year. This is the world we live in and it's not going to get better with respect to privacy. Unintended consequences.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
not sure what I'm doing wrong but grundy and haggerty wants about 2k a year on mine.
I looked into Grundy and Hagerty a couple of years ago, but they were both more expensive than State Farm - except for one vehicle as I recall. And they wanted pretty much all or nothing.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well if your that tired of it...just sell your car..and buy a horse...
Sounds like you haven't looked into what insuring a horse costs, or vet bills.

Besides, some horses are worth more than a couple of D170s.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

My wife's horse wasn't expensive to buy, but that damn thing sucked money every month like you wouldn't believe...

Well, you probably would, but damn, as bad a boat, or so I've been told...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Holy guy cant spell Kentucky...much less find his way to the race track...:rolleyes:

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #36
My wife's horse wasn't expensive to buy, but that damn thing sucked money every month like you wouldn't believe...

My wife and I have a deal, I don't bother her about the cost of the horse, board, new truck, new trailer, vet bills, farrier, hunt club, saddles, events, and the other 100 things.... And she doesn't bother me about the HC, wheels, tires, track rentals, etc. But we do make a vacation out of the trip to Moosebutt ME for land speed trials! :) (The horse stays home!)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My wife and I have a deal, I don't bother her about the cost of the horse, board, new truck, new trailer, vet bills, farrier, hunt club, saddles, events, and the other 100 things.... And she doesn't bother me about the HC, wheels, tires, track rentals, etc. But we do make a vacation out of the trip to Moosebutt ME for land speed trials! :) (The horse stays home!)
I know those with horses...some times buyin them is the cheap part...:oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I'm not so sure about the boat part....purchase then maintain (and modify) a big power twin engine over 35ft offshore boat...(ask me how I know):eek:;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
But do you have to lead a boat to water?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle