Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What good is a EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Maybe they need an onboard fire suppression system🤔
An 8,000 gallon pump trailer with matching body color!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Causing a lot of polluted water all over the place.
Whadda you mean pollution? Electricity is perfectly clean.
And I can make my own with the diesel generator. DSCN1612.JPG

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, that one's actually quite stingy with fuel, but as delivered (pictured) is was probably set up for Death Valley, not for 7.500 feet.

A simple adjustment of the timing of the injection pump and it doesn't smoke at all.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Like the Bozo s in Cali using gas powered generators to charge their EV s due to power shortages

Hope they got their shit together by 2035
Don't count on it...

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #126
Well, well. Merry Christmas.

Sure glad I have counted on my 2018 Jeep Grand to travel safely in since Thursday and in REAL TEMPS of sustained -15 to -10 degrees. That includes keeping the battery in place the repair shop said “failed their test”, and wanted $400 to make that right. I did buy a new battery and carry it and charging cables for insurance. It has been remote starting several times per day.

In about 300 miles, we have spent less than ten minutes at a gas station filling it with this forbidden liquid that apparently is making it warmer out?

These genius people are suggesting this?

Let’s keep taking about this!

Tesla owner says he had to cancel Christmas plans because car would not charge in freezing weather

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...s-plans-car-would-not-charge-freezing-weather

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
So basically, karma works.

Unless it's a Karma (the car), in which case it doesn't.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Sure glad I have counted on my 2018 Jeep Grand to travel safely in since Thursday and in REAL TEMPS of sustained -15 to -10 degrees. That includes keeping the battery in place the repair shop said “failed their test”, and wanted $400 to make that right. I did buy a new battery and carry it and charging cables for insurance. It has been remote starting several times per day.

In about 300 miles, we have spent less than ten minutes at a gas station filling it with this forbidden liquid that apparently is making it warmer out?

Tesla owner says he had to cancel Christmas plans because car would not charge in freezing weather

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...s-plans-car-would-not-charge-freezing-weather
😂😂😂
And thanks to him he’s saving the planet. The government would be proud 🙄

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #129
I don’t feel that bad for running mine along with everyone else, just we have done for over 100 years. They are just more efficient, clean and powerful now.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just happen to work at the plant where the Ford Lightning batteries are made. It's comical how many issues we have at the plant. People who are buying these things have no idea how dangerous they are. We seem to have a fire about once a month or so in one particular section of the plant. It's nuts. In my opinion, there are just too many negatives to buy one of these things.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Shared elsewhere but I had to show it here. ROFLMAO
View attachment 80037
Buy a Hemi and put in it for less money!! A Hemi powered Volt would be freakin awesome!
Modern version of a 454 powered Chevette from the 80s

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Been trying to make electric cars mainstream for almost 200 years and for some reason over a 100 years ago people with more common sense than most today still chose petroleum products to run vehicles. If you really want independence you could go bio diesel as that can be processed at home from many many sources.
https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...-history-of-the-electric-car-1830-to-present/

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Coworker of mine has a Model 3.
Its been negative teens for holiday weekend. I want to ask him how his car did or if he used that big dirty Ram truck instead. (he has his Ram at work today)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #135

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I like Hybrids, I hate compliance with unreasonable WOKE government requests and regulations. After I get the Durango and don’t need the Jeep, we may just need a new Toyota to replace it.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...vehicle-only-push-we-shouldnt-limit-ourselves

Stellantis will be out of business soon with their current business plan.
I'd go for a hybrid long before I went with a total EV. I like the idea of supplying my own power as necessary and being able to top off the small gas tank easily when it needs it vs waiting for hours at a charging station......IF you can find one that works, which apparently is quite the chore these days.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'd go for a hybrid long before I went with a total EV. I like the idea of supplying my own power as necessary and being able to top off the small gas tank easily when it needs it vs waiting for hours at a charging station......IF you can find one that works, which apparently is quite the chore these days.
This really should be the solution they push until they get the charging network up to snuff.

I have a buddy with a 4xe Wrangler loves the damn thing. His wife loves it too that she basically drives it when he works at home.
Something like 20 miles no a charge with no gas usage. More than enough for the daily commute. I think he has only had 4 or 5 fillups since he bought it a year ago.

But then if wanted, he could drive it on a long road trip and think nothing of a recharge route. Gas and go.

I think Dodge could pair that technology with their I6TT and make a pretty hairy performance car that gets really great gas mileage.

Im just wondering if they are dragging their feet on revealing it to sell the last year of Hellcats or if they having major development issues.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #138
This really should be the solution they push until they get the charging network up to snuff.

I have a buddy with a 4xe Wrangler loves the damn thing. His wife loves it too that she basically drives it when he works at home.
Something like 20 miles no a charge with no gas usage. More than enough for the daily commute. I think he has only had 4 or 5 fillups since he bought it a year ago.

But then if wanted, he could drive it on a long road trip and think nothing of a recharge route. Gas and go.

I think Dodge could pair that technology with their I6TT and make a pretty hairy performance car that gets really great gas mileage.

Im just wondering if they are dragging their feet on revealing it to sell the last year of Hellcats or if they having major development issues.
Well apparently the top Hornet model is a hybrid. But like everything else with the “new” Dodge, it seems like fiction until we can see one. I stopped into the dealer last summer to inquire. Besides every reason to warn me they were wanting more than enough for it, they knew nothing about it and could not begin to tell me when one may appear for real.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well apparently the top Hornet model is a hybrid. But like everything else with the “new” Dodge, it seems like fiction until we can see one. I stopped into the dealer last summer to inquire. Besides every reason to warn me they were wanting more than enough for it, they knew nothing about it and could not begin to tell me when one may appear for real.
Go to the alpha dealer and buy 1 at a discount.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #140
Go to the alpha dealer and buy 1 at a discount.
Remember right now I can’t get a good old fashioned Durango built!

That is about as likely as me agreeing to the dealer that called me two nights ago, wanted my 2019 RE for a new 2022 RE, plus plus $$$$ of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.