Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What are your winter plans for the car?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I won't put mine away until the trucks poor the salt and sand all over the roads. At that point, I'll decide what I want to do to it.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
A couple helpful safety tips on removing your front passenger seat... put a towel over your door sill. That seat is heavy and the metal tracks on the bottom will scratch anything they come in contact with. And lastly... the passenger seat isn’t power so it has that plastic handle on the side to adjust the back of the seat. That is the cheapest/weakass piece of plastic crap in the whole car. If you even look at that wrong it will break and fall off. Don’t ask me how I know that 😡

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’m going to noodle on my 60’ too. A 1.09 would be good. 🤗
I may not like you anymore... :p

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Maybe I should just try Demon springs first then. My car can't do the software stuff yours can so I will be a bit limited there but I'd be thrilled with low 1.4s on 60s. Were they legit Demon springs or one of the HHP or OST models called "Demon". Front and rear I'm assuming? I did search your thread before asking btw LOL.

I didn't think the sway bars were different?
I started out with oem demon springs first an didn`t notice any difference in the ride, I think as hpindy said you need to change shocks an struts an program to get the full benefit from the springs.
if I had to do it over again I would start with cradle lock out an AAD kit first.....best suspension upgrade I`ve done so far.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #26
Hmmm, thanks @oilburner it's so hard to know what is gonna give me the best bang for the buck to do first.

I've also just read the Demon springs can lower the car a titch and cause the 4" aluminum DSS drive shaft to rub on the exhaust. Argh.

What are your average 60' times? Yours is running pretty strong for a 10% lower and 2.85 upper. Should be about the same boost I make 17-18ish?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Hmmm, thanks @oilburner it's so hard to know what is gonna give me the best bang for the buck to do first.

I've also just read the Demon springs can lower the car a titch and cause the 4" aluminum DSS drive shaft to rub on the exhaust. Argh.

What are your average 60' times? Yours is running pretty strong for a 10% lower and 2.85 upper. Should be about the same boost I make 17-18ish?
Here is one negative side effect for some people . The factory demon springs will raise your car about 1/2 inch . I'm not sure about the others . I will get a few detailed shots of mine shortly. The other springs I can't comment on if they change the ride height or not . The springs are relatively cheap . The AAD arms are pricey but worth it for for certain goals to be achieved .
There is one thing I will not sacrifice is street manners . I Drive my car A LOT and I'm really happy with the out come that I have now .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #28
Here is one negative side effect for some people . The factory demon springs will raise your car about 1/2 inch . I'm not sure about the others . I will get a few detailed shots of mine shortly. The other springs I can't comment on if they change the ride height or not . The springs are relatively cheap . The AAD arms are pricey but worth it for for certain goals to be achieved .
There is one thing I will not sacrifice is street manners . I Drive my car A LOT and I'm really happy with the out come that I have now .

I'll look for your suspension update in your thread. You're like me and mine's a street car first and foremost, I just want it to be a very fast street car ;)

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am also planning on playing with the 60'. My goal is to run 9.99 no tune leaving everything stock except suspension mods and maybe weight reduction. I have the ADD full drag pak suspension sitting in my office along with Demon springs. So far my best time all stock with just drag pak wheel and tire setup is 10.394. I have ran that time twice at two different tracks. I have not been able to get to the track lately because of some family stuff but I want to go at least two times because I know I can beat my PB in this weather. I want to hit 10.2s or lower before I start the suspension mods and I know the car can do it I just have to get my right foot to do it. I honestly think with the ADD and demon springs I can break into the 9s. I am looking for low 1.4 60s. My average 60s are 1.47-1.50. My best is 1.46

After that the plan is to copy Hpindy's setup and go faster then him with his own setup:p:ROFLMAO:
I can go tomorrow to pick up your car. I'm going to the track on Saturday with Motorhead and maybe Sunday also.
So I could help you out by trying to achieve your goals for you.😉
What are friends for.🤣

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
My plans? Imma drive it. :)

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

as hpindy said the oem demon springs raised the car, more so in the rear an different springs will have no effect on exh. or driveshaft touching........ as for 60 ft. last year the best was a 1.49 with just the 10% ati.
last winter I did so many things at the same time so hard to compare. this year with soft launches I got a 1.41
60 ft. launching off idle....... hope to get to the strip once more this fall an will try to get in to 1.3x 60ft. by being a little more aggressive.
this winter I`m doing 15 inch conversion with the billet spindles.;)
gotta stay ahead of that hpindy guy :LOL:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I can go tomorrow to pick up your car. I'm going to the track on Saturday with Motorhead and maybe Sunday also.
So I could help you out by trying to achieve your goals for you.
What are friends for.
Your more then welcome to come and pick iit up . I will give you the codes to get in . All I ask is that you text me the time slip first

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So I could help you out by trying to achieve your goals for you.😉
What are friends for.🤣
What a jerk.....:mad:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
No comment. lol

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Your more then welcome to come and pick iit up . I will give you the codes to get in . All I ask is that you text me the time slip first

Nice guys......pick on the guy with the slow car eh. I'm gonna raise the psi in both your tires to 33 when your not looking.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Nice guys......pick on the guy with the slow car eh. I'm gonna raise the psi in both your tires to 33 when your not looking.
We are just trying to push you to get off your a$$ and modify your car . ....... What are friends for???

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
We are just trying to push you to get off your a$$ and modify your car . ....... What are friends for???

I know I know but I am having fun trying to see how fast the car can go as is. I know once I mod the car will be faster I just want to see how fast I can get the car to go first. I am still raising your tire pressure to 33 psi though.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I know I know but I am having fun trying to see how fast the car can go as is. I know once I mod the car will be faster I just want to see how fast I can get the car to go first. I am still raising your tire pressure to 33 psi though.
It's all fun and games until a regular ole hellcat goes faster then a super duper redeye !

I have tpms sensors so I'm good to go lol

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It's all fun and games until a regular ole hellcat goes faster then a super duper redeye !

I have tpms sensors so I'm good to go lol

Damn those TPMS sensors:mad::ROFLMAO: