Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Tough this week. You been entertaining yourself with ETF's like VIX, nice hangout if you have cold blood running. Or any of the contra-ETF's are amazing! Or are you attempting to buy real stocks and making money?
Bought some calls on TZA a while back. Those did pretty well. Seems like I sold a bit too soon, but better to sell too soon than too late...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just jerking off :LOL: while daytrading this overblown virus horsesh*t and working on my coin & currency collection. Just dropped $70K on some coins and old notes. Wowza....

People selling now are crazy. Buying opportunities abound. Amazing. Sure the virus will get here in the US but, like SARS, it too will pass like a fart in the wind.

How ya been, buddy. How's the great white north. Aren't you getting a bunch of snow now?
Awww taint nothin...little snow..little wind...zero visability..no big deal...aint had much of a winter yet...gotta take a beatin once n a while...The regular strains of flu kill more people than this Corona thing...wake me up when its over...lol

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Got any non-BS sources for a nice McKinley ?

'Not looking for a mint-condition sample, just something not completely shredded.
Hey Bull, you might not believe this but, I had two McKinley's in my hands in crisp like new condition about 40 years ago. At least 65PPQ these days.

My first job out of HS was as a bank teller. Got a lot of exposure to interesting coins and currency.
That's what got me really started along with the collection of stuff that was passed to me from my grandparents.
Somebody used the two $500 bills to pay property taxes or something. I in turn snatched them up for my mother who provided the $1000 to do the swap.
I told her that someday they would be worth much more.

As fate would have it, not too many years later when my father passed unexpectedly, she was in a bit of a financial worry and asked me what she should do with the bills.
Unfortunately at that time, I really couldn't afford to buy them from her, so they just went into paying bills I suppose. GOD... what they would be worth today.

I'm in to civil war era currency... 1862-1863 usually but, if I came across a McKinley note, I might be tempted to pick it up myself for old times sake.

I really don't have a specific dealer that I do business with. Mostly ebay and some other individual dealers when I spot something of interest.

I just bought a confederate note 65PPQ from a new guy which should be delivered soon.
If all goes well with that, I can provide his name. He might have a $500 connection.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tough this week. You been entertaining yourself with ETF's like VIX, nice hangout if you have cold blood running. Or any of the contra-ETF's are amazing! Or are you attempting to buy real stocks and making money?
Don't get me started on the VIX.... got in to that stuff once upon a time and it was a nightmare. I can't remember all the details but, I do remember it caused my some PITA tax issues.

I trade stocks. Simple buy low, sell high or vise versa. Make a decent amount on the spreads to supplement the standard retirement income.

Used to love arbitrage deals but, they have dried up for some reason. Need more M&A activity.

Oh YES.... this week has been a real nose dive for the market. Great opportunity for the those that don't live in fear. Buy quality companies today at a 20% discount from where they were not long ago.

I only wish I had more cash set aside to take advantage of this recent drop. People that miss this will be kicking themselves a year from now. Just a fart in the wind occurrence.

Dude... you can keep all that snow, wind, and other sh*t. This has been a real mild winter here, which has been GREAT!!!!.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Don't get me started on the VIX.... got in to that stuff once upon a time and it was a nightmare. I can't remember all the details but, I do remember it caused my some PITA tax issues.

I trade stocks. Simple buy low, sell high or vise versa. Make a decent amount on the spreads to supplement the standard retirement income.

Used to love arbitrage deals but, they have dried up for some reason. Need more M&A activity.

Oh YES.... this week has been a real nose dive for the market. Great opportunity for the those that don't live in fear. Buy quality companies today at a 20% discount from where they were not long ago.

I only wish I had more cash set aside to take advantage of this recent drop. People that miss this will be kicking themselves a year from now. Just a fart in the wind occurrence.

Dude... you can keep all that snow, wind, and other sh*t. This has been a real mild winter here, which has been GREAT!!!!.
I get it. Made some money on that and others. Lost some bucks also. I can’t sit there and trade and only know enough to be a danger to myself. I use “gambling” money for the markets, when I play.

Hey, the snow is wilting. It also has been a light winter in these parts. I may be able to at least drive it to the dealer in a couple of weeks. I need it to be 45-50 so I don’t ruin the tires it needs to wear for the trip and I don’t feel like trailering it. But the ground hog was close, the forecast is not bad and it is getting better.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Avon Park
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Daytona #6
Welcome to the Hellcat Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
I am 80 years old and just got the Daytona edition Dodge Charger Hellcat #6 of 501! I am on my 2nd Hellcat. That car was also Black on Black. I don’t do burnouts to wear my tires but did lots of traffic light drag races but I knew how to feather away fast but no tire spin. Over the years my first performance Mopar was a 1967 Dodge Charger with the 440 Magnum. Very fast for the day. 2nd one was a 1969 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi. With eyes closed you could recognize the Hemi by exhaust smell!! It was very fast. The 440 would beat it off the line but once the revs got up it just kept on pulling to over 140 leaving the 440 way behind. I never dared to go above 147 mph but it had the rpm to go much faster! Then over the years I had fast cars also and in the 200s I owned the first Mercedes V12 hard top convertible in Florida because I ordered it 2 years before the salesman even knew it was being produced! I had other fast MBs but started with modern Mopars V10 Dodge Vipers! Then up to the Hellcat Chargers! This Black Daytona Hellcat is now my pride and joy. The 2017 max speed that I did was 167 racing a wide big tired Black Camaro! We played a bit on the highway but when the Highway was clear, straight and wide he came up beside me and floored his camaro and just inched away until I flored my car and I got to 167 mph! That speed came so fast I could not believe it and really knew the speed only after I got home and checked the info out of the app in the radio! I was watching the road and my mirrors to see the camaro fading!! At the next light about a mile ahead he gave me the thumbs up, smiled and turned right off the 4 lane road and I went home after another 15 miles! That was the last race at high speeds and then several months later I heard of the Daytona version coming out. Then the itch hit again to own a widebody Hellcat. Happy days are here again. I was lucky to get the Daytona version! My Orlando Dodge dealer was very honest taking my old Hellcat which still looked new on trade and priced the Daytona very fairly compared to other dealers around pricing their Daytona’s $5,000 to $25,000 over msrp! I consider those dealers gougers and dishonest. My dealer just got two. A silver and my black one! The silver one sold first! I got to this forum just looking to see if a larger tire would fit. Especially in the back!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Avon Park
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Daytona #6
I should have said I am humbrace from central Florida and a physician. I got the speed bug from driving our local ambulance in Canada while attending college and then in the summer for the first 2 years of medical school and stopped.when 3-5 years was full time study. Anyway the speed bug never left!

BoostedCat

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Congrats man! It's never too late to enjoy a Hellcat.

I am 80 years old and just got the Daytona edition Dodge Charger Hellcat #6 of 501! I am on my 2nd Hellcat. That car was also Black on Black. I don’t do burnouts to wear my tires but did lots of traffic light drag races but I knew how to feather away fast but no tire spin. Over the years my first performance Mopar was a 1967 Dodge Charger with the 440 Magnum. Very fast for the day. 2nd one was a 1969 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi. With eyes closed you could recognize the Hemi by exhaust smell!! It was very fast. The 440 would beat it off the line but once the revs got up it just kept on pulling to over 140 leaving the 440 way behind. I never dared to go above 147 mph but it had the rpm to go much faster! Then over the years I had fast cars also and in the 200s I owned the first Mercedes V12 hard top convertible in Florida because I ordered it 2 years before the salesman even knew it was being produced! I had other fast MBs but started with modern Mopars V10 Dodge Vipers! Then up to the Hellcat Chargers! This Black Daytona Hellcat is now my pride and joy. The 2017 max speed that I did was 167 racing a wide big tired Black Camaro! We played a bit on the highway but when the Highway was clear, straight and wide he came up beside me and floored his camaro and just inched away until I flored my car and I got to 167 mph! That speed came so fast I could not believe it and really knew the speed only after I got home and checked the info out of the app in the radio! I was watching the road and my mirrors to see the camaro fading!! At the next light about a mile ahead he gave me the thumbs up, smiled and turned right off the 4 lane road and I went home after another 15 miles! That was the last race at high speeds and then several months later I heard of the Daytona version coming out. Then the itch hit again to own a widebody Hellcat. Happy days are here again. I was lucky to get the Daytona version! My Orlando Dodge dealer was very honest taking my old Hellcat which still looked new on trade and priced the Daytona very fairly compared to other dealers around pricing their Daytona’s $5,000 to $25,000 over msrp! I consider those dealers gougers and dishonest. My dealer just got two. A silver and my black one! The silver one sold first! I got to this forum just looking to see if a larger tire would fit. Especially in the back!

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Great intro! Glad to have you aboard and enjoy the forum. Lots of good people and info here.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I get it. Made some money on that and others. Lost some bucks also. I can’t sit there and trade and only know enough to be a danger to myself. I use “gambling” money for the markets, when I play.

Hey, the snow is wilting. It also has been a light winter in these parts. I may be able to at least drive it to the dealer in a couple of weeks. I need it to be 45-50 so I don’t ruin the tires it needs to wear for the trip and I don’t feel like trailering it. But the ground hog was close, the forecast is not bad and it is getting better.
I'm getting the itch real bad, Dave.

Fired up the kitty the other day in the garage and she was purring to go for a cruise. Damn, it gets the blood moving faster just thinking about it now. Good times are just around the corner.

Purrrrrrrrrfect.

cat jump.gif

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Congratulations and welcome to the family.
Lots of very knowledgeable people here.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Great read.... you give the older crowd here much to look forward to... many thanks.

welcome 1.gif

Member ID
Reactions
City
Milton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger
New to the site, currently drive a Chrysler 200. Looking to get my first hellcat to feed my HP craze. Took a few years off from modding and having fast cars. It’s time to get back into it lol
Past modded cars:
2012 Dodge Ram-daily
2011 CTS-V ~650rwhp
2010 Challenger SRT-8 M6 2.4L KB~ 450rwhp
2009 G8GT- daily driver
2005 CTS-V ~400rwhp
2000 WS6 M6 TA. Procharged, h/c/i/e ~550rwhp

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
New to the site, currently drive a Chrysler 200. Looking to get my first hellcat to feed my HP craze. Took a few years off from modding and having fast cars. It’s time to get back into it lol
Past modded cars:
2012 Dodge Ram-daily
2011 CTS-V ~650rwhp
2009 G8GT- daily driver
2005 CTS-V ~400rwhp
Hello and welcome to HF! Are you Weebz from the other forum?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My thoughts....

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't think so?
Other one had a Challenger HC.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Past modded cars:
2012 Dodge Ram-daily
2011 CTS-V ~650rwhp
2009 G8GT- daily driver
2005 CTS-V ~400rwhp
Welcome.
Great place, and lots of very knowledgeable people.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I don't think so?
Also lived in Texas not Florida... had to ask. :)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Milton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger
I don't think so?
no, but this is my name on a lot of other car boards lol

Member ID
Reactions
City
Milton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger
Thanks for the warm welcome all, much appreciated!