Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

V86 Emissions Recall

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Little live action.

BECB4A77-FA6C-4038-9AB8-B9232E9AC879.jpeg
Heading to the dealership now. Laptop in tow to read PCM after and see how they fixed it. Could go wrong and they could break it more!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just got a text from my friend who is my tech at the dealer ship, he got an alert from his manager that the fix for my PCM is in, he is running my VIN now and will be getting back to me if it is available.
Finally some good news.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Finally some good news.
Wanna hear some better news! Just got home and the sound is not occuring on shut off. Later tonight I'll be doing a deep dive in the PCM to see if the tune changed or if the PCM flash was deeper in the firmware. I'm happy that FCA finally fixed this. Might be placebo but from 0 to 60 she put me deeper in the seat on entering a highway. RUMINT says TCM also had some updates as well according to my friend.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Glad they got a fix out quick. Somebody lemme know when I can go get my new O2s and cats :)

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Reading the PCM and TCM as I write this post. Looks like I have to send the read off the HP Tuners so they can update their beta software. Looks like the PCM and TCM software changed again. Should be a few days before I can tell what was done to the tune, will post back then.

UPDATE!

So I got a read to finally happen, had to select GPEC2A PCM manually. V86 OS was: 05035700AM. V86 OS fix is: 05035700AN. I did a diff and nothing seems to have changed in the tune. Throttle is still at .10 but I think the flash fixed the out of order operation of shutdown, which is what we needed (and way deeper in the firmware than HP Tuners can read) so I'm going to send the HPT file and system information off to HP Tuners and their Beta should be updated shortly.

Last edited:

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
They must have re-activated thIs recall. I just received a notice in the mail yesterday. Doubtful that I’ll do it until all has been resolved.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
They must have re-activated thIs recall. I just received a notice in the mail yesterday. Doubtful that I’ll do it until all has been resolved.
So I went racing last night, multiple starts and stops. Not a single issue with the flash. The HP Tuners thing is on me as I use it to data log, has nothing to do with the PCM update. If you need V86 done I think that it is viable to get it done now that a fix for the out of order operations is done.

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Just confirming everything still seems to be working well??

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Just confirming everything still seems to be working well??
Considering I ripped a 10.9 in 88% humidity, yeah everything is good to go, no shutoff sound since.

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Considering I ripped a 10.9 in 88% humidity, yeah everything is good to go, no shutoff sound since.
Rock on! I'm sitting in 100% humidity, my results will not be as good haha.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Just got my recall notice today and read the entire thread. Many thanks to all the trailblazers (not the old SUV :rolleyes:). Will likely wait until fall to get 'er done.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My car comes up on the MOPAR on-line recall webpage, but I have yet to get a notice of any kind, not that I'm in a huge rush to get it done.
Will probably do it with my scheduled maintenance next month.

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, what an afternoon, but I can't say I'm surprised. Remaining on par with typical Dodge Service experiences, nothing about today was pleasurable. While en route to my appointment for the V86, I get a call asking if anyone has called me and if I need to make an appointment...no sir, I have a 2 pm appointment :rolleyes:. When I pull into the service department, immediately I told the young man doing the "quick alignment check" discs they put on the wheels, please do not put them on as I do not want my brand new black wheels to scratch, "no problem sir, we can skip that part". Go inside, come out LESS THAN 5 minutes later, he is putting it on the rear wheel! STOP!!! "Oh crap I forgot". Look at the wheel, paint chip :mad: Then they proceed to tell me after my 10 minute low speed drive to the dealership it would be "too hot" to do today and I need to bring it back.

Sorry, my personal opinion, this recall is not worth it, I'm infuriated with this dealership once again.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Are they paying for your paint problems?

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Are they paying for your paint problems?
I am going to have a meeting bright and early with the Service Manager tomorrow morning as he was "unable to handle it today". We will see what comes of it, the chip is about 1/4" not insanely large but it's the sheer fact that they consistently do not listen or care about the time spent on these cars, it isn't a RAM truck covered in mud or a minivan with melted crayons from kids in the floorboard. Swallow your pride if you mess something up and OWN it.

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Anyway, don't want to hijack the point of this thread, just another reason why my car NEVER sees the dealership.

This just doesn't seem too important, wish I would have just left it as is. :confused:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My recall came today. My first outing to the track a month ago was pretty good and I can't believe their flash will make it faster. I would like the other new parts to have but I will be pulling my cats anyway to see what I pick up at the track with the cat deletes. Was worth about 15hp on my Daytona

I do know someone at a dealership maybe they will give me the parts and I can give them the old parts

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well, what an afternoon, but I can't say I'm surprised. Remaining on par with typical Dodge Service experiences, nothing about today was pleasurable. While en route to my appointment for the V86, I get a call asking if anyone has called me and if I need to make an appointment...no sir, I have a 2 pm appointment :rolleyes:. When I pull into the service department, immediately I told the young man doing the "quick alignment check" discs they put on the wheels, please do not put them on as I do not want my brand new black wheels to scratch, "no problem sir, we can skip that part". Go inside, come out LESS THAN 5 minutes later, he is putting it on the rear wheel! STOP!!! "Oh crap I forgot". Look at the wheel, paint chip :mad: Then they proceed to tell me after my 10 minute low speed drive to the dealership it would be "too hot" to do today and I need to bring it back.

Sorry, my personal opinion, this recall is not worth it, I'm infuriated with this dealership once again.
They going to cover the wheel?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I am going to have a meeting bright and early with the Service Manager tomorrow morning as he was "unable to handle it ANY day".
Fixed that for you.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Thank you all for this thread. Just got my recall notice today.

I'll be taking this route.
I look forward to ignoring this one
My Cat has be purring for over 5 years and over 25k now. She Just got back from a long spirited road trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
If it aint broke, don't fix it.

My recall notice clearly stated this was purely an emissions recall because California and Federal guidelines are not being met. *Laughs*

Yea I care!