Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trade hellcat for redeye?

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
From all the time spent at the track. I have found the 2.62 rear gear is faster and makes more MPH in the 1/4 mile.

I'm looking forward to the wide body Charger coming out. Just waiting till the red eye is released. In the mean time I will keep racing my current Hellcat.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I've been stroking a 4 figure check to my ex wife every month since 2006. That will all be over in 5 months. Will I get a RE??? Maybe...or maybe I'll just decide to buy some land, build a house in Hawaii, and keep the "old" car.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Hawaii would be my vote. There are three drag strips on the islands not sure if they are all still running.

Tsubahog

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fl
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Traded my 15 M6 (Red Line) for a 19 REWB (B5). Like night and day and no regrets.

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I know the wife's Scat Pack feels a lot quicker at low speeds up to about 30 with the standard 3:09 gear.The 2:62 in the hellcat seems sluggish at those low speeds. I am talking just light pedal around town traffic.
I'm here to tell ya the Redeye with 2.62 is anything but sluggish. Throttle tip in is much more pronounced than my 17 HC. Not sure if it's the extra torque or more aggressive TB settings but it's definitely noticable.

Chatter

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Like everyone else said, def worth the extra dough. Had a 15 HC M6 now a WBRE. Glad I didn’t cheap out since I didn’t test drive one before I bought it. It’s like a whole other car stock vs stock.