Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trade hellcat for redeye?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I own a 2016 challenger hellcat. It's red line red. It's a beautiful car with 5800 miles on it.

I'm looking at a 19 challenger redeye. The price is good. It's white knuckle with red seats. I always thought challengers looked good in white but it's not my favorite color.

Should I go for it if I can get the same payment as I'm making now?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I traded my 16 Challenger Hellcat for a Redeye and I love it.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Notice much difference between the two?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
There is a big difference between the two. For one the Redeye is much faster. My best time first time out with 1000 miles in my Hellcat with DR's was 11.3. My best time first time out with 1000miles on the Redeye on DRs was 10.52 2000DA 85 degrees. The redeye exhuast sounds better. Plus all the Demon goodies are amazing. If your just driving on the street then no not much of a difference.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I only street drive my vehicles. Seems like 11.3 compared to 10.50 would be noticeable on the street. But you'd be the to know.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #6
What was your trap speed for each?

Triple707

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pewaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
The difference will be clear and unmistakable, the question is if you will use the not so sexy aspects that the Redeye takes from the Demon. Internals, oil cooling, chiller, ...etc. Either way, get the Redeye that is spec’d for you (mostly).

.02c

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
What was your trap speed for each?
123mph in the Hellcat 130.5mph in the redeye. On the street with all seasons the redeye spins like crazy so you don't get any extra seat of the pants feel. On the track the redeye feels much faster. Also on the street when passing it feels faster just not off the start.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Are both the cars stock(no tune) with those times.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Are both the cars stock(no tune) with those times.
Both cars stock with drag radials

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Both cars stock with drag radials
Those are both great times for no tune and the Redeye is is real strong. Does the Redeye have the 3:09 gear.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Those are both great times for no tune and the Redeye is is real strong. Does the Redeye have the 3:09 gear.
You can get it with 3.09 or 2.62 but mine had the 2.62 and regular body. The fastest stock with just tires redeyes were all regular bodys 2.62s crazy I know but we had a list going on Hellcat.org.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Love my Redeye, hands down a more refined version of the Hellcat. You gotta drive them both to see and feel beyond the 90hp difference. Much more to them than that. If I didn't have one already, I'd jump all over one right now with the insane power dollar rebates. You should be getting anywhere from $10k-$15k or so off depending on options and area you live in.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
You can get it with 3.09 or 2.62 but mine had the 2.62 and regular body. The fastest stock with just tires redeyes were all regular bodys 2.62s crazy I know but we had a list going on Hellcat.org.
Ok will have to look at that list. I just ordered a regular body Redeye with the 3:09 gear. Will it be faster? Sure hope so with a bigger gear. But might spin more to. I will look at the list.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ok will have to look at that list. I just ordered a regular body Redeye with the 3:09 gear. Will it be faster? Sure hope so with a bigger gear. But might spin more to. I will look at the list.
Its hard to say we all need to get more passes in them but as of right now the 3.09s are not making a difference.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I have a regular body Redeye with the 3.09s. I've gone 10.46@130 on just tires (MT ET Rs). All the cool kids have 3.09s lol

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
I know the wife's Scat Pack feels a lot quicker at low speeds up to about 30 with the standard 3:09 gear.The 2:62 in the hellcat seems sluggish at those low speeds. I am talking just light pedal around town traffic.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
I guess I will find out . Trading the Hellcat In on the Redeye when it gets built and gets to Sarasota. Yes 13k off MSRP makes it worth it plus they gave me 58k for the Hellcat.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I had a '15 HC, now a WBRE. That new car is flat one of the finest automobiles I have owned and driven. It is super smooth (much more smooth than a HC) and yes the power is noticeable. For example I have not done anything but nail them on the street, and let them pull. HC peak forward G-force was 0.9, stayed for 20,000 miles. Until last week the RE pulled 1.1 to about 2500 miles. It loosened up! Took it out on a cool night last week for some practice. It pulled it up to 1.16 g. This is on unprepared streets with large street tires. Saturday I let my friend who also is a licensed and very experienced road racer (Porsche owner) drive it. He let it pull to about 100. First he said, he wanted his Porsche cars to sound like that, then he about $hit when it was searching for traction all the way until his balls could not stand any more WOT. He wants me to bring it to Texas this winter so we can let it roll on his courses down there.

Bottom line get one, but get the color you want, because they are expensive.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #20
From what I remember reading the 2.62 cars were quicker in the 1/4 mile. I know it sounds wrong but I think it's correct.