Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

This car is going to lead me to drink

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
They put so much cal
I hear you and feel your pain, I have to put mine up for the winter too. I hate that I only get to enjoy it for half the year. But damn, do I enjoy that half of the year. November to April sucks but that's what hockey's for.

I'm a financial person by nature and profession, I've had some level of buyer's remorse with every significant purchase I've ever made. But not this. Never. This basically represents what and who I am. Ever time behind the wheel confirms that, just like hearing the opinions of other car guys and gals (particularly Mopar guys and gals) like those on this forum.

My family always comes first and always will, but if they're taken care of, then I don't overthink it, if I can't enjoy this then I don't know what the hell the point is...
Great reply! You nail it!

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
So within the next few weeks I know I’m going to have to put the car away for winter. Basically that means the car will sit from mid to late October until April-ish before it comes out again. It’s this time of year where I start wondering if it’s stupid to have a car like this? I also know that if I get rid of the car it’s more than likely the last time I’ll have something like this in my fleet. It’s a game that almost drives me crazy this time of year. It’s practical vs responsible. The car is paid for, so it’s not the money. It’s more me just overthinking things.

Please tell me I’m not the only one that does this to myself!
I know the feeling, I'm originally from Ohio. November thru March my Hurst S/C Rambler was in the garage. Once April arrived, cruise-ins and car shows was on the agenda. I got lucky and moved to Florida. Now, cruise-ins and car shows, year round, except for the hurricanes. I look back at living in a cold climate, but the spring, summer and fall, with my muscle car and all the cruise-ins, saved me. I'm glad that I kept my Hurst S/C Rambler for 49 years and counting...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Being in Phoenix, I'm just getting ready to start bringing it out. Not fun when its 100 degrees and IATs are 160

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So within the next few weeks I know I’m going to have to put the car away for winter. Basically that means the car will sit from mid to late October until April-ish before it comes out again. It’s this time of year where I start wondering if it’s stupid to have a car like this? I also know that if I get rid of the car it’s more than likely the last time I’ll have something like this in my fleet. It’s a game that almost drives me crazy this time of year. It’s practical vs responsible. The car is paid for, so it’s not the money. It’s more me just overthinking things.

I get what you are going through.. Lately I have been thinking much like you. But I got out to the track this weekend and all is better for now. Although there were 3 GN's there and I thought, crap it would be smarter to race my Buick instead. I will continue to use my car till the track closes, when the snow falls. Then I will have silly thoughts till spring. And then it will be a new car to me again with all the silly grins and laughter that goes with this awesome car.
Enjoy it and when you are really ready you will know.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Look at my signature - I've never had a rational thought when it comes to cars, nor do I care to. Emotion-based decisions are awesome.

Besides, our long Winters gives me so much time to build and modify my stuff (granted the HC doesn't need a lot of attention) which is where my real passion lies.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I may have to start a build thread this winter, where I document how much snow has built up on my roof and slush in my wheel wells from me out enjoying the heated seats and steering wheel.
Different strokes for different folks, not judging, but I'm done parking the nice vehicles in the winter... that's what the bike is for :)

FWIW - the F350 will be parked for most of the winter, out of the way, while I enjoy the car for a few more months.

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well we got 6” on Sunday and a couple more yesterday. I think I read that parts of MT were measuring in FEET. Insurance is still on...going camping/quadding this weekend so dammit I better drive the Kitty a couple more times! But...she will get put to sleep with a battery tender and a car cover in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #28
Well the car is still messing with my head, but that’s ok. I decided to drive the car to work (I normally don’t) and then went for a drive after work. Not a bad launch for 45f.

1A036555-CD6D-4B46-B4E9-C5094ABB885F.jpeg

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango

I would say that it would make MORE sense to move to a location where you don't have to put it away for the winter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well we got 6” on Sunday and a couple more yesterday. I think I read that parts of MT were measuring in FEET. Insurance is still on...going camping/quadding this weekend so dammit I better drive the Kitty a couple more times! But...she will get put to sleep with a battery tender and a car cover in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was 96 yesterday in North Carolina. Bwaahahaahaha

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It was 96 yesterday in North Carolina. Bwaahahaahaha
LOL. We have other hobbies for winter here, eh. The acceleration of the HC is fun, but a 270 hp turbo mountain sled weighting 500 lbs is pretty fun too! P1020221.jpg

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
LOL. We have other hobbies for winter here, eh. The acceleration of the HC is fun, but a 270 hp turbo mountain sled weighting 500 lbs is pretty fun too! View attachment 3659
Touche sir, touche. I got a buddy in Michigan that builds snowmobiles. I love all things gas powered. Well have some fun for me then.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
LOL. We have other hobbies for winter here, eh. The acceleration of the HC is fun, but a 270 hp turbo mountain sled weighting 500 lbs is pretty fun too! View attachment 3659
The Rockies are awesome. Pics of the snowmobile airborne or didn't happen.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Uh, let me count the means,, jet skiing, water me skiing, one more skiing sky, then fishing from boat kanoe, can new one, ky yacking, women yakking, wood sex, any sex, road rage, and it gets better. Ocean swimming in the nude with the sharks.