Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

This car is going to lead me to drink

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
So within the next few weeks I know I’m going to have to put the car away for winter. Basically that means the car will sit from mid to late October until April-ish before it comes out again. It’s this time of year where I start wondering if it’s stupid to have a car like this? I also know that if I get rid of the car it’s more than likely the last time I’ll have something like this in my fleet. It’s a game that almost drives me crazy this time of year. It’s practical vs responsible. The car is paid for, so it’s not the money. It’s more me just overthinking things.

Please tell me I’m not the only one that does this to myself!

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I overthink things all the time! I am OCD, so that doesn't help. In a few weeks mine will go in winter storage as well. Sometimes I get the thought of why have it for 1/2 of a year of driving. But when it comes out in the spring I have lost that thought. It will have low miles and will give me great summer pleasure, along with my motorcycle. I think the same way with the bike as well. I just love this car more than anything I have had. I think I will keep her :)

Its got a very good muscle car look and really is the last of the true modern day muscle type cars. So it will look good, even if it has some body design changes coming soon in the future. I got an extended warranty and really want to hang on to this one for a while. Instead of chasing model years for the next greatest thing. I have hit the Cha Ching $$$ button to many times doing that game!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I put mine away as well, excepting that if we get an unusual break in the weather, I'll pull it out for a short afternoon drive and maybe even a wash.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So within the next few weeks I know I’m going to have to put the car away for winter. Basically that means the car will sit from mid to late October until April-ish before it comes out again. It’s this time of year where I start wondering if it’s stupid to have a car like this? I also know that if I get rid of the car it’s more than likely the last time I’ll have something like this in my fleet. It’s a game that almost drives me crazy this time of year. It’s practical vs responsible. The car is paid for, so it’s not the money. It’s more me just overthinking things.

I drive this sumbitch year round, so hahahahahahaa

more seriously, I always have to look at the car and wonder if I'm making the right / smart choices

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I drive this sumbitch year round, so hahahahahahaa

more seriously, I always have to look at the car and wonder if I'm making the right / smart choices
Only in regards to whether or not driving it today is a good idea?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If you were going to sell it would be in spring anyways. So all you do is take it for the first drive in spring then decide if your going to get rid of it...I bet you won't.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
Feels just like I bought a new car every first outing in the spring.
That said, if I had to make payments on it, I would never have bought it.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Yeah, I hear ya! I live in the Northwest and we just broke a 73 year old record this weekend and got snow in September! We skipped fall and went straight to that crap. Thankfully it's still a bit too warm for it to stick for long, but wow. While I hate putting it away for winter, I really enjoy that first drive in spring all that much more! The smile I have when I get in it, takes any doubt from my mind. Plus winter is a good time to mod for next year anyway! Or just save money for tires in general, lol.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Eehhhhhh, what's this "responsible" you speak of? Never heard the term before.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, I hear ya! I live in the Northwest and we just broke a 73 year old record this weekend and got snow in September! We skipped fall and went straight to that crap. Thankfully it's still a bit too warm for it to stick for long, but wow. While I hate putting it away for winter, I really enjoy that first drive in spring all that much more! The smile I have when I get in it, takes any doubt from my mind. Plus winter is a good time to mod for next year anyway! Or just save money for tires in general, lol.
Post up some photos of the HC in the snow, burnouts, smashed into bushes, covered in slush, you know....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only in regards to whether or not driving it today is a good idea?
I always ask myself, could this money be / have been better spent? Does it make sense to do this? Then I drive the car and that feeling goes away.

rdlsrt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pearland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's paid for, think of it as a sunk cost! Plus when you go to sell it, you will feel worse (because of the depreciation) than you do for just keeping it!

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Yup - i wrestled with the idea of "just because I can does it really mean I should?" when it came time to buy my Redeye. However, you simply have to enjoy life and in the end you can't take it with you. It would be VERY hard for me to watch my car sitting in the garage for almost 7 months so I can sympathize. However, good news is that the Farmers Almanac is anticipating a WARMER winter this year! Take a look:

1569869312354.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WB Challenger Redeye
I live where you can drive your HC year round but wish I didn't have to...but then again why did I buy it? To drive it and enjoy it...it is not an investment. However, I wish on Monsoon days I could leave it home...the other night it hailed and I was glad I got home and in the garage in time.

But here in the Phoenix Valley the time of year is coming where the SC will love the cool air everyday...how can I deny the car its pleasures...LMAO

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea, I put mine up for the winter,,,,, about 2 inches further in the garage so I can wax the spoiler. Down here in Margaritaville we look forward to snowville. That means 70 degrees and faster times. We love it. Cooler, low humidity, out door weather, but the Canooks will be here to get in your way. Butt, they have em, and the $$$ they bring. Menue's pricing change again in October.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Wow, we are having a record heat,still in the mid nineties going into October. I only drive at night when it cools down

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Stupid? Far from it. You spent the $$ on your car, do as you please. Who cares what others think.

Being NJ - its almost time for the white stuff... no I don't mean the Tony Montana white stuff... Car will still be garaged but I still do drive it in the winter, obviously less, but just not if it rains/snows/roads still covered in salt.

Jalenator

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Max Steel Hellcat RedEye

I hear you and feel your pain, I have to put mine up for the winter too. I hate that I only get to enjoy it for half the year. But damn, do I enjoy that half of the year. November to April sucks but that's what hockey's for.

I'm a financial person by nature and profession, I've had some level of buyer's remorse with every significant purchase I've ever made. But not this. Never. This basically represents what and who I am. Ever time behind the wheel confirms that, just like hearing the opinions of other car guys and gals (particularly Mopar guys and gals) like those on this forum.

My family always comes first and always will, but if they're taken care of, then I don't overthink it, if I can't enjoy this then I don't know what the hell the point is...

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I led my car to drink 93 octane.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #20
I appreciate the thoughts (even @Hickster ). The combination of responsible and fun is always a delicate balancing act. The fact that East Glacier and Browning (around 3.5hrs north of me) got 4ft of snow yesterday is a reminder of what’s coming. Right now it’s looking like Saturday and Sunday the car can come out to play. I’m not giving up on car weather yet!