Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Talk me off the ledge!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well because I was bored and the Ford Dealership is open on Sunday, I figured I’d go drive a 2020 Raptor with the EcoPoop V6. From the outside the truck is really good looking. Once inside the seats were comfortable, but I didn’t love how my left leg sat up against the drivers door arm rest. The truck had good power leaving the dealership, but once it downshifted on the two lane highway all I wanted to do was get out of the truck as fast as possible. That fake sound they pump through the speakers is absolutely terrible. I was so happy to get back to the dealership and back in my Power Wagon. How the hell are they selling these trucks for $70,000 plus ADM?
Are you freaking kidding me? I cannot believe they're joining the interior exhaust sound through the stereo crowd. Sad. And embarrassed. I don't like the V6 exhaust note either, but damn, come on, have some self respect.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Are you freaking kidding me? I cannot believe they're joining the interior exhaust sound through the stereo crowd. Sad. And embarrassed. I don't like the V6 exhaust note either, but damn, come on, have some self respect.
good thing is that since these cars are all electronic you can turn that sh*t off. bmw did it with a turbo v8 and it was awful, same thing with the ecoboost. You can code the vehicle to stop piping sound though it takes some time/effort. (wish it was a checkbox on sync 3)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The BMW version is what made me lose the last of the respect I had for them.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The BMW version is what made me lose the last of the respect I had for them.
I'll +1 that, though when you code it off it's oddly quiet.... still the piped in sound is artificial and doesn't sound very good.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I place the sound through the stereo bullshit right up there with putting a tube sock down your pants.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Now, that's interesting! Since Ford built in a disable feature, they must have anticipated that some owners would dislike the false engine noise and want it disabled. So then why would they design in the false engine noise in the first place?

I can envision a discussion between the engineers and the marketeers:

Marketing: We need this truck to sound more manly.
Engineering: What? Why?
Marketing: It'll sell better if it sounds tougher.
Engineering: Well, maybe. We've never had to do that before.
Marketing: We think it's a necessity on this particular model.
Engineering: We've done all we can with the exhaust system.
Marketing: What about the sound system?
Engineering: You want us to modify the sound system to produce engine noise in the cab? What's the point of using sound deadening materials all through the cab design if we're going to artificially make it noisier?
Marketing: Do it.
Engineering: Yes sir.

(And as they're leaving the meeting, the engineers decide among themselves to program a disable feature just in case the Marketing guys are full of shit.)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Now, that's interesting! Since Ford built in a disable feature, they must have anticipated that some owners would dislike the false engine noise and want it disabled. So then why would they design in the false engine noise in the first place?

I can envision a discussion between the engineers and the marketeers:

Marketing: We need this truck to sound more manly.
Engineering: What? Why?
Marketing: It'll sell better if it sounds tougher.
Engineering: Well, maybe. We've never had to do that before.
Marketing: We think it's a necessity on this particular model.
Engineering: We've done all we can with the exhaust system.
Marketing: What about the sound system?
Engineering: You want us to modify the sound system to produce engine noise in the cab? What's the point of using sound deadening materials all through the cab design if we're going to artificially make it noisier?
Marketing: Do it.
Engineering: Yes sir.

(And as they're leaving the meeting, the engineers decide among themselves to program a disable feature just in case the Marketing guys are full of shit.)
yeah it's pretty deep in the settings, you basically have to hook up a computer to the obd 2 via bluetooth and then you can code all types of stuff like power folding mirrors when you lock, etc etc.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #89
Two different salesman said it can’t be shut off on the 2020 Raptor. Not that salesmen are ever wrong or full of crap...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Two different salesman said it can’t be shut off on the 2020 Raptor. Not that salesmen are ever wrong or full of crap...
they probably don't know about forscan... it lets you mess with hidden settings on the f150.

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #91
So say a dealer was to offer me $40,000 trade and I wanted $45,000 minimum, would I be wrong or would the dealer be wrong? My car only has 10,000 miles on it. Just asking out of mere curiosity... Trade.jpg

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Your correct on what you want but they are correct on what they will pay and reach out to Carvana that will be the better number of trade value. You can use it as a bargaining tool when you show their offer to you direct.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yup I find it almost insulting. This is what you get with this "new" generation of engineers and designers. I am saying this like I am a old fart but I am 37 and it pisses me off. These are the "new car guys" designing the cars

hipsters.jpg
This is a old video so there are more on the list like the C8

Last edited:
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #94
Dealer just called (shocking) and offered $45,000 on the Hellcat (I let it go to voicemail).

Basically it would be a straight across trade for my 2012 Power Wagon and my Hellcat for the new Ford Super Duty Tremor. I just don't know if I can wrap my head around getting rid of the Hellcat. My brain is just spinning. Ugh!!!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Dealer just called (shocking) and offered $45,000 on the Hellcat (I let it go to voicemail).

Basically it would be a straight across trade for my 2012 Power Wagon and my Hellcat for the new Ford Super Duty Tremor. I just don't know if I can wrap my head around getting rid of the Hellcat. My brain is just spinning. Ugh!!!

Don't go into the light!

Attachments

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

whats the msrp and selling price of the tremor, I would still wait for the trx.. wouldn't want to kick yourself down the road because dodge finally offered a hellcat truck

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
Ive been seeing you post about the TRX since it came out. If you trade now I think you will be kicking yourself when the TRX is out. The Tremor will be there. I'd at least wait until it is unveiled.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Ive been seeing you post about the TRX since it came out. If you trade now I think you will be kicking yourself when the TRX is out. The Tremor will be there. I'd at least wait until it is unveiled.
THIS! The TRX is right around the corner! They are literally already building them. (Well pilot vehicles anyway)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think this is interesting that the TREMOR is a 3/4 Ton Diesel not the Raptor. And not even a comparison truck to the Raptor. And I have the F250 2019 and she's awesome and like her better than my previous Ram 2500's. Also your going to pay thru the ass to get the TRX the first year and will be awhile to get the deal if ever.
6B603F42-5F03-435C-BEDF-3928294E7AA3.jpeg E35A34A4-AED9-4713-8E02-463171CABE18.jpeg