Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis cancels auto shows

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Subscription services are harder to hack as there's a constant checkin process.
Remove the antenna and add in a fake signal.
Remember having a copied DTV card in the early 2000's. Just don't connect it to the phone line and you had everything for free.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not that easy anymore. Typical sub services require a check-in with mothership on some frequency. If that check-in doesn't occur, features (or sub) stops working.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not that easy anymore. Typical sub services require a check-in with mothership on some frequency. If that check-in doesn't occur, features (or sub) stops working.
I figured as much.
But for something like a heated seat. The hardware is there, so something physical has to be placed between the heater and the switch. And ultimately, just need a switch and power source. So yes, you will be hacking up your new vehicle, but not paying a monthly fee either for something that came on the car.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
May not be too long before I start another car project with EV being forced like it is (at least so far).

Good time to be an auto parts seller maybe, if you can get the inventory to sell. As many are buying good used cars as well as keeping existing ones longer which means parts, repair shops, DIYers, etc. for many items.
Which is why all the dealers are charging $175/hr. Even for the cars most people can fix themselves!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I figured as much.
But for something like a heated seat. The hardware is there, so something physical has to be placed between the heater and the switch. And ultimately, just need a switch and power source.
I'm pretty sure you could enable heated seats with AlfaOBD, but not so sure that the actual heating function would be there in all seats.