Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jailbreak Redeye's coming soon

Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottsville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Widebody
Well a no allocation and no guarantee sounds like clickbait to me. I wonder how long you sit around until you figure out you're not getting one? But I'll send an email to find out the details. Thanks.
Don’t worry about me sitting around. Your not one of the three dealers I’m working with. You send your mails.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #182
I think you're mistaken on the Jailbreak... This is what I got from Koons just now. Fucking insane.

"Thank you for contacting me regarding a Jailbreak Charger. I will be more than happy to help you with this process.

The 5% under invoice is only for non Jailbreak vehicles.

As far as the Jailbreak, Every Dodge dealership that is a Power Broker (such as us) will be able to order the Jailbreak. Dodge is only making 3000 of them and every Dodge dealership that is a Power Broker will get allocation for 2. There are no discounts available on the Jailbreak at which we will be doing 30k over MSRP with $5000 non refundable deposit. If you wish to proceed with the Jailbreak, let me know and I can build your request as ordering just opened up. "
Only 3000 to be built? This is news to me. I’m not sure I believe that yet. Nowhere in the press release did it say “limited production”. 30k over sticker? I think the C8 is the ugliest car in 30 years but I think I’d be shopping for one over a 30k markup on a JB.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #183
I guess....It does have the 807 HP Superstock engine calibration but for 30 k I can get way more than 10 more HP. I hope that dealership goes out of business when the economy tanks again. That's how you lose future customers not gain them.
For THREE K you can get more than 807 from a Power Broker dealer with a factory warranty. Dont let that 807 number sway you at all.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep, Dodge, you are doing everything you can to help some of us justify a new C8 and not collect anymore Dodge products at the end of the ICE age. Greed will help you fail.
They convinced me...and hate wearin a bowtie..but make no mistake the C8 is a hard car not to like...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Only 3000 to be built? This is news to me. I’m not sure I believe that yet. Nowhere in the press release did it say “limited production”. 30k over sticker? I think the C8 is the ugliest car in 30 years but I think I’d be shopping for one over a 30k markup on a JB.
That degenerative eye condition has been kickin in hard on ya the past couple of years.o_O..you wanna see ugly??...visit your local Lexus dealer...:sick::sick::sick:

shadowsk

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Inman
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
For THREE K you can get more than 807 from a Power Broker dealer with a factory warranty. Dont let that 807 number sway you at all.
Yeah I'm considering just ordering a 21 RE and calling it a day. The main reason I wanted the Jailbreak is that' s the only model I can get the satin black color color Hellraiser wheels as I still have a pair of Triumph 17x11 DX5 wheels that match that I never got around to selling from my '19 RE. The "regular" '21 RE only comes with the Brass Monkey Hellraiser wheel option. I can always order 2 fronts from Triumph to match when I want to run the drag Radials a lot cheaper than paying 5, 10, 30 over MSRP. Craziness. I hate to even give any of these dealerships anymore money after today though.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They convinced me...and hate wearin a bowtie..but make no mistake the C8 is a hard car not to like...
IF they keep their word, it will be tough to not purchase. I can be patient. Anyway back to Dodge, I am excited about these upgrades. Tomorrow they announce the dealers info I believe. I hope to hear from the early users the hiccup has been solved. If so, that will be trick. It will be expensive to run the high test at the track, but I’ll need to try.

Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
FWIW Dodge probably built more then the 3000 Hellcats it said it was going to make as well, so I think there's a chance.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I think you're mistaken on the Jailbreak... This is what I got from Koons just now. Fucking insane.

"Thank you for contacting me regarding a Jailbreak Charger. I will be more than happy to help you with this process.

The 5% under invoice is only for non Jailbreak vehicles.

As far as the Jailbreak, Every Dodge dealership that is a Power Broker (such as us) will be able to order the Jailbreak. Dodge is only making 3000 of them and every Dodge dealership that is a Power Broker will get allocation for 2. There are no discounts available on the Jailbreak at which we will be doing 30k over MSRP with $5000 non refundable deposit. If you wish to proceed with the Jailbreak, let me know and I can build your request as ordering just opened up. "
Oh WOW! Koons should be embarrassed to ask 30K over MSRP for any car! I bet a few that were considering getting a JB car from Koons will go somewhere else if they read this……

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Weird thing about this final run, I mean Dodge knows at this point anything they sell at MSRP is just like giving free money to people in the current market so they may as well raise prices and stop selling at a discount, and the dealers are taking an piece too. Tough to blame them. Ironically the final Viper run didn't really sell at all, now they are super hard to find/buy and prices are climbing. Getting one of those last ones at MSRP turned out to be a steal! I'm sure they see the same with these...

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Weird thing about this final run, I mean Dodge knows at this point anything they sell at MSRP is just like giving free money to people in the current market so they may as well raise prices and stop selling at a discount, and the dealers are taking an piece too. Tough to blame them. Ironically the final Viper run didn't really sell at all, now they are super hard to find/buy and prices are climbing. Getting one of those last ones at MSRP turned out to be a steal! I'm sure they see the same with these...
And you may be right. Not tough for ma to blame them at all! I can see the big "money grab" happening by Dodge and the dealers on this one...

But I bet these Jailbreak editions won't come anywhere close to the iconic status that the Demons currently had/has. And the Demons were ACTUAL limited production carsI I just wonder how desirable a JB edition will be. - After all, we're talking about a car that was specifically equipped to the original owner's tastes......not everyone will want to buy a used F8 green car with blue stripes and yellow calipers!! :ROFLMAO:

- I think most folks that get these cars don't plan to resell them at all....so why the outrageous ADM after the additional costs for options by Dodge...because they can I guess. :(

EDIT: BTW, could be mistaken, but isn't '23 the final year for the Hellcats (not '22) ?!?!

Last edited:

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Oh WOW! Koons should be embarrassed to ask 30K over MSRP for any car! I bet a few that were considering getting a JB car from Koons will go somewhere else if they read this……
That surely is out of line with my experience dealing with Craig at Koons. Especially pertaining to ordered cars. Just really not typical. But then again when you deal with bank robbers or car dealers you shouldn't be too surprised.

shadowsk

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Inman
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
Well SRT Mush saw one of my posts on IG and said he would contact Dodge directly because the 30k and 3000 thing was bullshit. He said the Vice President of Dodge contacted him back and said the 3000 thing is not true at all but they have no control over what a dealership wants to charge.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well SRT Mush saw one of my posts on IG and said he would contact Dodge directly because the 30k and 3000 thing was bullshit. He said the Vice President of Dodge contacted him back and said the 3000 thing is not true at all but they have no control over what a dealership wants to charge.

However, demanding the ADM because of a limited (and false) production run of cars falls flat on its face.

shadowsk

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Inman
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
That surely is out of line with my experience dealing with Craig at Koons. Especially pertaining to ordered cars. Just really not typical. But then again when you deal with bank robbers or car dealers you shouldn't be too surprised.

Here is the full email for posterity and the truth's sake.

Koons ADM.jpg

shadowsk

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Inman
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
I got a 5, 10, and 30 ADM. I contacted 5 dealerships yesterday. My local had me thinking the deal would be done but once everything once spec'd out in store he came back with the 10 ADM and wouldn't budge as I orrfered 5 which I didn't really want to do. The other two said they would find out and call me right back and I've not heard back. The 5 ADM got my VIN for the Durango HC for the trade and then stopped responding. I suspect they changed their mind about the 5. But Mush said he would help find a dealership and I'm gonna call a few more today. Surely they all cant be bad.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Totally agree with you. Some of the people on here got good deals from Koon's in the past. But unless they have clientele that's clamoring to give them an extra 30K for a car, it's sorta looking like a place people USED to get good deals.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm willing to order and wait months on any car through a dealer and giving them a sold order, I'm not paying ADM. I didn't pay over MSRP when I ordered my '15 HC or my Redeye that was on the lot (was was well below MSRP after PD) - so I certainly wouldn't pay anything over MSRP on a JB edition. But there's those that will I imagine.

Good luck on your hunt @shadowsk for one though!! Hope you find a dealer that wants to sell one!

Last edited:

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Here is the full email for posterity and the truth's sake.

View attachment 59488
Amazing. I was not doubting your post at all only that it was not my experience with this dealer to pull those kind of shenanigans. However, as I stated they are a car dealer and you never know what they will do.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
And what happened to the "no dealer inventory" and only factory orders???

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
And what happened to the "no dealer inventory" and only factory orders???

@Koons_Dodge

Seems like some shenanigans, care to comment?