Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Go Man Go Stolen

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Seriously though. If you can stomach it, and the rest of the body wasn’t wrecked… would make a good channel. Buy the body back from insurance for cheap. Get carbon fiber doors, tubular front end, fiber glass 1 front end, th400, C170 crate engine

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
So sorry to hear these scumbags hit you, hateful bunch of garbage! May karma repay them painfully 100 times over. I hate a thief!

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
If I could do it all over again, I’d buy an SXT with a blind motor and build a full blown “street” car

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
That is a shame. If you do not want to do the challenger again you could do the hellcat grand Cherokee or truck. If you like ford you can do a variant of the mustang. Or do nothing at all and become a body builder with Mrs. Speedy. :)

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
@Octanewide you were asking about pics. Here ya go. I had to take a bit to kinda get over it. Sorta like losing a family member.

Sorry for your loss of a nice car.:( I hope they get the assholes that did this to you and probably others as well and put them away for a long time.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Looks like the start of the "Fastest Hellcat" build to me.

DC catalog has all the stuff to build a Drag Pak. Use that and build a bitchin 426 with a couple of snails.
It has a Hellcat VIN!!!

Sorry about the car again.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #28
So I was in a pretty bad place for a few weeks after this happened. It was back in August. Don't know if I've been so angry in my life for so long and it was starting to eat at me. I had to really reign myself in and said a lot of prayers so I didn't do something rash. That's all I'll say about that. Time heals everything and I'm feeling a lot better and want to put it behind me. Now that the insurance is settled I can start to think about something new.

@GNBRETT I'm not a kill switch guy. I'm too OCD to cut up factory wiring and finding the right plug types to make it plug and play is very expensive or impossible. Plug and play would be a requirement for me to do it. Having said that, I had things I did to prevent the car from being started that didn't require any wires to be cut and took about 30 seconds, I just didn't do it. I literally thought about it as I pulled in the parking spot but said "nah it's 8am on a Wed with cops across the street it'll be fine". I'd do an immobilizer over a kill switch if I could go back in time and warn myself.

I'm more of a legit street car guy, like all the creature comforts, heated cooled seats, steering wheel, nice stereo, all that so whatever I get will have to be a street car that I can run on the track occasionally. I drive on the street every weekend but only on the track 4-5 times a year.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
So I was in a pretty bad place for a few weeks after this happened. It was back in August. Don't know if I've been so angry in my life for so long and it was starting to eat at me. I had to really reign myself in and said a lot of prayers so I didn't do something rash. That's all I'll say about that. Time heals everything and I'm feeling a lot better and want to put it behind me. Now that the insurance is settled I can start to think about something new.

@GNBRETT I'm not a kill switch guy. I'm too OCD to cut up factory wiring and finding the right plug types to make it plug and play is very expensive or impossible. Plug and play would be a requirement for me to do it. Having said that, I had things I did to prevent the car from being started that didn't require any wires to be cut and took about 30 seconds, I just didn't do it. I literally thought about it as I pulled in the parking spot but said "nah it's 8am on a Wed with cops across the street it'll be fine". I'd do an immobilizer over a kill switch if I could go back in time and warn myself.

I'm more of a legit street car guy, like all the creature comforts, heated cooled seats, steering wheel, nice stereo, all that so whatever I get will have to be a street car that I can run on the track occasionally. I drive on the street every weekend but only on the track 4-5 times a year.
I drove a 911 Turbo S and it was awesome. Not sure about it being a daily driver though. It's pretty radical. I think more so than the Hellcat.

Drove a Carrera 4S and it suited me better for a daily. Problem I had with the 1 I drove were the sport seats. Definitely back killers.

Just my opinion.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #30
I've been watching 911 Turbos for months on BAT to get a sense for pricing. The problem is even 10 year old ones still go for $100K+. Looks like they have a STEEP depreciation curve the first 2-3 years then it flattens out and doesn't drop much. I am gonna keep looking and would like to test drive one.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've been watching 911 Turbos for months on BAT to get a sense for pricing. The problem is even 10 year old ones still go for $100K+. Looks like they have a STEEP depreciation curve the first 2-3 years then it flattens out and doesn't drop much. I am gonna keep looking and would like to test drive one.
I would only buy the sport. Gives you an opportunity to dial things back for daily driving.

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US...letter 202309___Search Now cta&utm_content=EN

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Maybe it’s just time to get back into bikes 🤔

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #33
Maybe it’s just time to get back into bikes 🤔
I'm way too old for that. My creaky ass couldn't move around on one like I used to :ROFLMAO:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
lol. My friend sold his zl1, gave up drag racing, and does off road bicycling. Keeps him in great shape and his wallet is thicker.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
lol. My friend sold his zl1, gave up drag racing, and does off road bicycling. Keeps him in great shape and his wallet is thicker.
I'm not riding a bike on the street.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
A thick wallet in your back pocket is also known to cause back pain…:D

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My offroad bike only see pavement:LOL:
and snow 20201226_075958.jpg

105_1760.jpg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

Go with your first thought mentioned in the video, a GoManGo Redeye. Put stripes on it just like you had, as it’s GREAT looking that way, no satin hood. Add some simple AAD arms out back and get it aligned, get the blower ported at some point, a good trans tune, and you’ll be in the 9’s again and in no time you’ll be happy the 16 was stolen.
I, like you mentioned of yourself, don’t have it in me to do all the modding work all over again, it was fun once like you said, work the second time around. I have other things I want to do with my time anymore but I love my Hellcat and where it’s at now, I just couldn’t do it again time wise, I’d be buying a redeye myself, yes giving up the stick if I was to do it again, GREAT fun but very hard on driveline parts ( ie too much work to keep up with).
It’s Christmas, time to treat yourself after all you’ve been through. Go online and find one and make a deal to bring in the new year with and look forward to spring, it’s right around the corner.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’ve followed you for sometime. I actually modeled my Hellcat mods after yours. I don’t know what I’d do if either of mine were stolen. I have even considered selling them both because I hate driving in this area and if they were stolen I would most likely end up in jail.

Well Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Stay safe and sane.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
@Speedy! I think I know what you are getting at with your quick anti theft procedure that you didn't do on that fateful day. I read that the thieves are also now wise to that method, and keep a few spares of that item in their pocket to quickly install should they be missing in a car they wanted to take.

I still think that is another good method to protect your car, but I would take it one step further. Take said item and gut it of all the components that make it work, then reassemble it. It will appear to be a functional item and in place, but in reality its a dead dummy item, that just might trip up the assholes to move on to another car.