Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer ADMs on the Demon170

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Thanks buddy! With 170 drama, it's not looking good that I'll be back in the game.
Should be interesting
You landed Demon 1.0 so never say never !!!

Not to sure how version 2.0 would handle the long runs ???

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Just called my (ex) Dodge dealer in the Phoenix area and inquired about the new Demon. I purchased a Redeye from them in 2019 so I thought I would see what they could do for me on the new Demon. They have their allocation and quoted me sticker plus 100K. If you think the 170 has a fast 0-60 time, I just took one from 0 to up their "arse" in nothing flat! To think that a car with a projected build of 3,300 will ever appreciated enough to recoup that markup is a pipe dream. How fast do you think our present cars will go if we put say 50k into them let alone 100k. So now I am wondering if a corn-fed Demon can run on fudge?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just called my (ex) Dodge dealer in the Phoenix area and inquired about the new Demon. I purchased a Redeye from them in 2019 so I thought I would see what they could do for me on the new Demon. They have their allocation and quoted me sticker plus 100K. If you think the 170 has a fast 0-60 time, I just took one from 0 to up their "arse" in nothing flat! To think that a car with a projected build of 3,300 will ever appreciated enough to recoup that markup is a pipe dream. How fast do you think our present cars will go if we put say 50k into them let alone 100k. So now I am wondering if a corn-fed Demon can run on fudge?

All we can do is wait this out, with any luck, the initial feeding frenzy won't take all of the production and then when they are sitting on allocations that they are either going to lose or inventory that they don't want, that will be our time.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All we can do is wait this out, with any luck, the initial feeding frenzy won't take all of the production and then when they are sitting on allocations that they are either going to lose or inventory that they don't want, that will be our time.
Or find out what the technology is that they're using for the flex fuel setup and put it in your car. For the price of that car, I could have a 7 second Charger with money leftover.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Or find out what the technology is that they're using for the flex fuel setup and put it in your car. For the price of that car, I could have a 7 second Charger with money leftover.

To some extent yes, but those engine internals are nothing to ignore.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Being a original Demon owner, I received two SRT Demon Owner VIP package invites from Dodge. I called a buddy of mine, who has a hellcat, and talked him into going to this once in a lifetime event. We flew out from Boston on Saturday and went to the track before it opened on Monday. The VIP treatment turned out to be a free general admission ticket, value $25 dollars and a $25 dollar gift card for drinks and lunch. We ordered a burger with fries and a drink which came to $28. I was so embarrassed I told my buddy I would cover his cost of this VIP trip. $1500.00 I spoke to several other Demon owners who couldn't believe that Dodge considered This VIP treatment. We thought that maybe Dodge was going to award the Original Owners who came to the event a coupon which would allow us to purchase a Demon 170 at MSRP from a dealer of our choice without effecting their allocation. Well that didn't happen. When we got home I tried to find a car by calling over 100 different dealers, the lowest price I could find was $100,000.00 over sticker. Dodge still has time to do the right thing as far as the original owners are concerned because the order window doesn't open until 3/27/23 but I not going to hold my breath.
What the fuck has happened to people who get a free entrance ticket, free food and free drink and still find something to bitch about?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Plenty of money for the engine, transmission and rear.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What the fuck has happened to people who get a free entrance ticket, free food and free drink and still find something to bitch about?
I would be pissed with that shit show.

This whole situation is piss in the face to every Mopar muscle owner.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
9:24

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I called more than 30 dealerships yesterday. Dealer ADMs are insane. Even dealers in Boonieville, USA were minimum $50k over MSRP. Most were $100k+ ADM and up to $200k ADM. Dodge screwed us by letting dealers run the show again. They could’ve/should’ve seen this coming with the ICE age going away. Maybe Dodge thinks we‘ll never buy another Stellantis product so they don’t give a crap. Tim Kuniskis said MSRP buyers will get first production and some may not get their car if it’s not built by 12/31/23. Other than a few with insider connections and dealers themselves will be first produced because nobody else is getting MSRP. No dealer is going to let an allocation/order get in late to run the risk of not getting built. Regular buyers are the only ones that might not get built.
License to steal man....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Being a original Demon owner, I received two SRT Demon Owner VIP package invites from Dodge. I called a buddy of mine, who has a hellcat, and talked him into going to this once in a lifetime event. We flew out from Boston on Saturday and went to the track before it opened on Monday. The VIP treatment turned out to be a free general admission ticket, value $25 dollars and a $25 dollar gift card for drinks and lunch. We ordered a burger with fries and a drink which came to $28. I was so embarrassed I told my buddy I would cover his cost of this VIP trip. $1500.00 I spoke to several other Demon owners who couldn't believe that Dodge considered This VIP treatment. We thought that maybe Dodge was going to award the Original Owners who came to the event a coupon which would allow us to purchase a Demon 170 at MSRP from a dealer of our choice without effecting their allocation. Well that didn't happen. When we got home I tried to find a car by calling over 100 different dealers, the lowest price I could find was $100,000.00 over sticker. Dodge still has time to do the right thing as far as the original owners are concerned because the order window doesn't open until 3/27/23 but I not going to hold my breath.
Now that's a good story....

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
Should be interesting
You landed Demon 1.0 so never say never !!!

Not to sure how version 2.0 would handle the long runs ???
It will handle it just as good or better than the OG.

Demon187

Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingston
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I'm sending Dodge a VIP check for the fifty bucks, they need it more than I do.

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #34
I’ve talked to several Demon owners over the last couple of days. To say the least, everyone is pissed. Dealer assclowns are screwing everyone. I’m going to try to hook up a couple of guys at 50 over IF the allocations are still available. Shockingly, lots seem to be actually selling at 100 to 150 over. One dealer had 5 allocation at 100 over. He called me late in the PM and said 4 were sold and they were taking bids for the final one for the next hour.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I'm sending Dodge a VIP check for the fifty bucks, they need it more than I do.
That'll show them.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
What this whole Demon 170 car has done is bring out the worst in people, whiny, crybabies that ***** and moan that a new car with unprecedented demand is going to be sold for more than sticker, that a dealer should ignore the 10 or 12 people who have already agreed to pay more than them and sell the car to them for less, that dodge is going out with a bang and the new car is faster than their car, that they don't understand that things always get better and faster and whah, whah, whah. Go cry to your moms, you're an embarrassment to yourselves and to the Hellcat community in general. Always thought that the members here and on the other site were mostly cool people but holy shit the majority must have been good at hiding it and have revealed themselves to be a bunch of whiny bitches,

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
My BES will run circles around whatever dodge put in that demon.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
First - disclaimer...I was not in the Demon 1.0 nor will be in the Demon 170 drama, so no skin in the game...so here goes:

this is capitalism in action, which I support 1000%. Besides nearly all dealers being generally slimy to varying degrees, the main thing about this that most bothers me is that the folks that can afford to throw whatever it takes to get one are the most likely to never use the car out in the wild much. With European hypercars, most gearheads could care less because the average Joe can't get in even at MSRP let alone more and has no expectations. But, the Dodge muscle on the other hand, is within reach of a much larger population at/around MSRP, and this crazy ADM behavior closes the door to many who would enjoy the car and get them out to be shared more. That's all...carry on.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Dealers backing out on their word and/or agreements is problematic at best.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
First - disclaimer...I was not in the Demon 1.0 nor will be in the Demon 170 drama, so no skin in the game...so here goes:

this is capitalism in action, which I support 1000%. Besides nearly all dealers being generally slimy to varying degrees, the main thing about this that most bothers me is that the folks that can afford to throw whatever it takes to get one are the most likely to never use the car out in the wild much. With European hypercars, most gearheads could care less because the average Joe can't get in even at MSRP let alone more and has no expectations. But, the Dodge muscle on the other hand, is within reach of a much larger population at/around MSRP, and this crazy ADM behavior closes the door to many who would enjoy the car and get them out to be shared more. That's all...carry on.
This hit's things right on the head for me. I understand that the Demon is popular and as such should carry a surcharge, but at 100k markup (even if it doesn't last) Dodge dealers have lost touch with and insulted their customers. Dodge, Plymouth and others have put their cars within reach (although maybe a stretch) for the average guy. Sure Lambos, Ferraris and McLarens are fabulous cars and wonderful to look at but Chargers, Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs are cars we can actually own. At 200K for a Demon, we are now in the price range of a McLaren GT. So it looks like last call is just throwing the working class out of the bar. As far as EVs go, they may prove to be an even greater boondoggle, follow this link to see the problems with battery repair after a slight collision...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ric-vehicle-batteries-sustainability-problems. That is for my 2 cents.