Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brand New Charger Carnage, never had a chance ...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I stopped by my local Brampton Dodge dealer today. They do all the bodywork for any new cars damaged at the Brampton Assembly plant or in transit.

I walked the back lot and today they had 3 Chargers, all U.S. bound cars that had some damage, all probably during loading. 2 Scat Packs and a Hemi RT.

The Orange RT looks like just rear fascia damage, the Blue Scat Pack has damage front to back like maybe the upper level of the transport gave way maybe. The White one has milder damage front to back but is harder to see ...

20201104_130354_HDR (2).jpg
20201104_143033_HDR (2).jpg
20201104_130239_HDR (2).jpg
20201104_130227_HDR (2).jpg
20201104_130056_HDR (2).jpg

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
If any of those cars were ordered by a buyer, it will arrive (late) at the dealer and the dealer, in most cases won't even know that it had been damaged and repaired. The dealer will present it for delivery and the buyer, unless he's right on top of his game, with no bad weather inconveniences, etc., will pay his nearly $80,000 and drive it home, none the wiser. Then he will wash the car bright and early the next morning under gorgeous clear, sunny skies and notice some odd masking tape lines in the clear coat. Then all hell will break loose!!! Ask me how I know...

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If any of those cars were ordered by a buyer, it will arrive (late) at the dealer and the dealer, in most cases won't even know that it had been damaged and repaired. The dealer will present it for delivery and the buyer, unless he's right on top of his game, with no bad weather inconveniences, etc., will pay his nearly $80,000 and drive it home, none the wiser. Then he will wash the car bright and early the next morning under gorgeous clear, sunny skies and notice some odd masking tape lines in the clear coat. Then all hell will break loose!!! Ask me how I know...
how do you know

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
They crashed in to my first 392 charger with a fork lift at the loading dock. When I refused that one and ordered an identical one it took a month to arrive after they fast tracked it.. when It finally got to the dealer the clone was right next to it repaired and for sale as new by the dealer.. so ask me how I know? Lol

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #6
The 2 Scat Packs still had window stickers, both to dealer names (to VA and DE) so at least not customer ordered cars.

The orange one was probably getting the rear fashia resprayed off the car. They do good work there, at least this one will be hard to tell if not impossible that it was ever damaged.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
It happened to me. I ended up with another new car...
You should have responded to demon man lol I looked closely at your Demon pictures lmao.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
That blue one is mangled pretty good! Would hate to get that car thinking it was brand new.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm sure this happens more then we know

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Then all hell will break loose!!! Ask me how I know...
Not the best chapter in your life as I recall.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not the best chapter in your life as I recall.
Well, it was just a blip in my life actually. The problem wasn't horrendous, but bad considering I paid big money for a car that is supposed to be brand new, and I received one that had the quarter panel repaired and repainted. The big problem was in going through the standard "channels" to request a new car and got turned down several times. Then I contacted some people who had real clout and the problem was resolved right away. I think the biggest disappointment was in posting about the problem over at the other HC site and while I received some empathy and support from a few of the members, I got barraged and bad mouthed by many of the others. You'da thought some of them were going to have to pay for the problem.

No problem today. The next car came through very quickly and in perfect condition. My faith is restored in Ma Mopar again.

I think ChargerChallenger may have me mixed up with someone else though...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hmm. I don't remember anyone giving you crap about it.
Oh well, sometimes my memory sorts out things I'd rather not remember.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ok.....but did you all notice how not a single one of them is damaged in the splitter guard area :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

just sayin'......

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Ok.....but did you all notice how not a single one of them is damaged in the splitter guard area :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: just sayin'......
They do work, no doubt about it. Especially as a theft deterrent.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'm tellin' ya..... if I got a new white Charger......I'd take the pink guard off......but then I'd go to a wrap place and have them put a pink wrap strip where the guard was.....

:p

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm tellin' ya..... if I got a new white Charger......I'd take the pink guard off......but then I'd go to a wrap place and have them put a pink wrap strip where the guard was.....:p
Better run that idea by the Taxi Alliance first and see if it's permissible.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Technically, the car has never been sold... never left the manufacturer (sometimes not even the plant premises)... etc... etc... so it's still "new." They don't say "not repaired" or "unfucked up" anywhere in the contract.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, if somebody stole one with the splitter guards on it, I can here the police radio now: "BOLO for a 2020 Dodge Charger. Color PCP Oh, it's especially identifiable by the pink splitter guards the dumbass owner left on it."

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmm. I don't remember anyone giving you crap about it.
Oh well, sometimes my memory sorts out things I'd rather not remember.
Oh yeah, I got a rash-a-shit from quite a few members. They turned the table to being MY fault that I took delivery of it that way; I didn't inspect it properly first; shouldn't have accepted it late in the day when it was threatening rain; blah, blah, blah. Despite the lack of support from our forum brothers, I pursued and got another NEW car.

I can see where you wouldn't remember that, as you were going through your own traumatic experience what with the foot prints on your head liner; holes in the front bumper from the winch plate and snow plow and ultimately, the front cradle being all smashed to hell.