Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

At what point do you admit you have a problem

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
I love roasting bikes ;) try not to run the squids with the flips flops so they don’t crash lol.

I’ve been riding for 30 years but gave it up on the streets.

Too many texters - 8 to 80 and every age in between can’t get off their damn phones.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've had 2.

A 2006 with Brock/Hindle full header, exhaust, box mod & PC3 - this was low 190's hp. Perfect setup.

A brand new 2011 delivered with 8 miles. Stripped to the bone at 101 miles for the turbo build. First motor melted 2 pistons and bent all 4 rods. Wastegate was plumbed wrong by fabricator. Oops.

Take 2 ended up fully forged, APE prepped head, 1/2" studs, billet 2 piece intake, rcc rail with 62lb secondaries, Bosch 044 pump, full E85 and made 460whp at 24psi non-intercooled at Schnitz Racing. It owns 4 ECTA records at Wilmington Ohio (lifetime. Since they closed the track) with the fastest being 237.9mph. Small potatoes for turbo bike but this was a simple 8" over street package. It also went 8.3's at 180mph with no prep other than a strap & a shinko.

I keep finding myself wanting to build another one.

Amazing bikes.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Drag strip or on the road? Bikes are real hard to launch from a standing start. from a 40mph roll, a totally different animal.
Drag strip. I know they hard to launch. He was a pretty good rider compared to most I see at the strip

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Drag strip or on the road? Bikes are real hard to launch from a standing start. from a 40mph roll, a totally different animal.
Generally very true except the V-max. They could launch. So even though they technically may not be as fast as whatever brand X or model, on the street with non-professional motorcycle racers, they could kick ass.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #45
Never heard of a H2 but I'm not motorcycle guy
Best way to describe the h2r is think of the hellcat and someone about doubles the performance

See I think I was comparing drag strip times. I don't get it registered to me until today. Last night was my first night solo on this bike in awhile (I rode it before it was mine). Ya took my breathe away for a second from the 50 roll. It hooked and went.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Most if not all new bikes have launch control and the tech to make them easier to launch than a hell cat. The BMWs and Ducatis are street champs for this reason.

Good description of the H2 ;) it’s a total beast.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Generally very true except the V-max. They could launch. So even though they technically may not be as fast as whatever brand X or model, on the street with non-professional motorcycle racers, they could kick ass.
I had an '88 model, and it was awesome. Not much could touch it in a straight line back then, but driving that thing at speed was like riding a rocket powered steer. The sport bikes would roast it once it got to any type of turns.

Member ID
Reactions
City
RIVERVIEW
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 redeye
Best way to describe the h2r is think of the hellcat and someone about doubles the performance

See I think I was comparing drag strip times. I don't get it registered to me until today. Last night was my first night solo on this bike in awhile (I rode it before it was mine). Ya took my breathe away for a second from the 50 roll. It hooked and went.
..... and the front wheel comes off the ground at 225 mph, while flat on the tank!

H2r only makes 260 rwhp, mine makes 350 rwhp, i have stage 3 supercharger gears, an extreme creations intercooler and upgraded head, cams, fuel pump.

1625688944449.png

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
..... and the front wheel comes off the ground at 225 mph, while flat on the tank!

H2r only makes 260 rwhp, mine makes 350 rwhp, i have stage 3 supercharger gears, an extreme creations intercooler and upgraded head, cams, fuel pump.

View attachment 48461
I looked up some videos of it on youtube. Saw Jay Leno had a video also

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
gen 2 vmax is a 1700 cc v4, mine has headers,flashed ecu, velocity stacks, fuel controller and custom tune. Zx-12r, busa, whatever sport bikes no naturaly aspirated production bike pulls 0-140 harder than a vmax

Attachments

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I didn't grow up around motorcycles and never really got into them. For me I find a 50cc pit bike something cool to drive around. Something like those big bikes I would be afraid of them. Put me in a fast car and I have no fear. It is all what we are comfortable with

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
H2R price 55K, reallyo_O

Member ID
Reactions
City
RIVERVIEW
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 redeye

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
gen 2 vmax is a 1700 cc v4, mine has headers,flashed ecu, velocity stacks, fuel controller and custom tune. Zx-12r, busa, whatever sport bikes no naturaly aspirated production bike pulls 0-140 harder than a vmax
I liked mine when I had it. It came with crappy Dunlop tires but once I switched those out for Metzlers it was a completely different experience. That thing would pull the front wheel like it was nothing. Good times for sure.

Is yours still shaft drive or did they switch to chain?

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I liked mine when I had it. It came with crappy Dunlop tires but once I switched those out for Metzlers it was a completely different experience. That thing would pull the front wheel like it was nothing. Good times for sure.

Is yours still shaft drive or did they switch to chain?
they are still shaft, now 200 HP stock. better get one while you can, 2020 was the last year of production, they no longer meet Euro 5 emission standards.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #56
Well took an r1 for a spin tonight. It wasn’t a newer one. Right away when I sat on it I could feel how much lighter it was. I was actually surprised and said wow that’s light. I wasn’t expecting to ride it tonight so I didn’t have a helmet and was in shorts so I didn’t do any thing to crazy. I rolled into the throttle and it pulled pretty good. I will say the busa felt a good bit faster. But like I said it wasn’t a newer r1 so maybe the new ones are faster.
seating position was pretty good. I felt pretty comfortable for my short drive. I will say with how the rear seat is putting the wife on the back wouldn’t be near as comfortable as the busa. But solo it felt pretty good.
At some point I’ll have to bike swap him during a ride and get a better feel for it.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well took an r1 for a spin tonight. It wasn’t a newer one. Right away when I sat on it I could feel how much lighter it was. I was actually surprised and said wow that’s light. I wasn’t expecting to ride it tonight so I didn’t have a helmet and was in shorts so I didn’t do any thing to crazy. I rolled into the throttle and it pulled pretty good. I will say the busa felt a good bit faster. But like I said it wasn’t a newer r1 so maybe the new ones are faster.
seating position was pretty good. I felt pretty comfortable for my short drive. I will say with how the rear seat is putting the wife on the back wouldn’t be near as comfortable as the busa. But solo it felt pretty good.
At some point I’ll have to bike swap him during a ride and get a better feel for it.
oh......you said bike swap......nevermind :p

:LOL::LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And yes.....you guys are being a bad influence......I've been looking at ads for GSXR's.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
And yes.....you guys are being a bad influence......I've been looking at ads for GSXR's.
keep an eye out for a nice 50:LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State