Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

At what point do you admit you have a problem

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
That’s a good way to put. Both can corner well with the right driver but at straight line focused.
what kind of bike do you have in your picture there
R6. Razor sharp handling on the track. On smaller tight tracks it’s fun to pass the liter bikes who are only fast on the straights. Gobs of fun lol. Many bruised egos as a result lol. People all want the biggest baddest bike but quickly learn to respect the turns where theyre slugs on a road course. Anyone can go fast down the straights.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #22
R6. Razor sharp handling on the track. On smaller tight tracks it’s fun to pass the liter bikes who are only fast on the straights. Gobs of fun lol. Many bruised egos as a result lol. People all want the biggest baddest bike but quickly learn to respect the turns where theyre slugs on a road course. Anyone can go fast down the straights.
Ya. I’ll go do some windey roads out here but if I amgoing to the track stuff like you are I wouldn’t have bought this bike. Looking at the tire the bike never leaned much until my ownership.

Last edited:

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Nice Busa! as stated above it has it's specialty. cruise, and flash. they always seemed a little chunky, and low in the rear. I would probably slid off of it LOL My YZF R1 is high in the ass. which has saved me a couple times. when my hands slipped. 002.JPG

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I bought it off my cousin. He pretty just used it to commute to work. He rarely rode just for fun on the weekend. My friend who used to have a turbo one asked how this one with pipes and tune only felt compared to the hellcat. This feels much faster than the hellcat when it was stock. But now idk. I told him power comes in so different. The torque hits harder in the cat. This revs about double the rpm. I’m not sure which would win in a race at this point.
I guess only one way to find out.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
We seem to have the same problem.

1000mg of Fukitol usually cures it.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #26
Well first thing they were running in track mode. They have no clue what they are doing. I’m on e85 one the cat. Bike might take the car still being tune only. Thing moves. I’ll have someone ride the bike at some people who I trust and see what happens.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #27
Nice Busa! as stated above it has it's specialty. cruise, and flash. they always seemed a little chunky, and low in the rear. I would probably slid off of it LOL My YZF R1 is high in the ass. which has saved me a couple times. when my hands slipped. View attachment 48394
That’s what the back cap is for is to hold me in place. 20A1BA16-E2F6-4C03-B6F4-A0B103B576B2.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
RIVERVIEW
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 redeye
Nice bike, H2r is a better bike .... don't ask me how i know :)

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well first thing they were running in track mode. They have no clue what they are doing. I’m on e85 one the cat. Bike might take the car still being tune only. Thing moves. I’ll have someone ride the bike at some people who I trust and see what happens.
It will lol not many things can out romp a Busa.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #30
you have an h2r? Those things are nuts!

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #31
Nice Busa! as stated above it has it's specialty. cruise, and flash. they always seemed a little chunky, and low in the rear. I would probably slid off of it LOL My YZF R1 is high in the ass. which has saved me a couple times. when my hands slipped. View attachment 48394
I’m glad I didn’t end up with an r1. I talked to the insurance company today. It is insane on the busa the r1 would be even worst for me.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m glad I didn’t end up with an r1. I talked to the insurance company today. It is insane on the busa the r1 would be even worst for me.
R1's are not to bad if you just get liability and it is paid for. which it has to be to get just liability. Full coverage on mine was like 4k per year.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #33
R1's are not to bad if you just get liability and it is paid for. which it has to be to get just liability. Full coverage on mine was like 4k per year.
I’m 25. Liability on this one is 500 a year or so

Member ID
Reactions
City
RIVERVIEW
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 redeye
you have an h2r? Those things are nuts!
I have an H2 with 400 HP, so essentially an H2rr :) The bike runs 7's in the 1/4 mile @ 180 mph .... top speed is geared for 270 mph with traction.

Buying an H2r would have been cheaper for me, but slower.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It will lol not many things can out romp a Busa.
I used to mess with a guy that had a busa with nitrous and he ran 9.2. I would always remind him my '87 mustang was quicker:LOL:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was looking at r1s and this one. I’ve never been on an r1 but I know the comfort level of this bike sold it for me.
Same for me on the ZX-11..comfort level sold it. Wife (then girlfriend) loved to go out on it more than me! She'd be like "let's take the bike out!". Next thing, we were down the road going some where. I had a brand new '91 "C" model. Last bike that was all 'old school'. Carbs and no cats.
Kid at work just bought a brand new R1. I cannot believe all the techno gadgetry on it. Fuel injection, anti- dive, anti wheelie, self leveling gyro-scopic stuff ,all the emissions stuff and more. He had to wait months for it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Never heard of a H2 but I'm not motorcycle guy

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa First Track and Performance Test
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/mo...ki-hayabusa-first-track-and-performance-test/

Cycle World will soon gather official acceleration numbers and answer the ultimate question regarding the third-gen Hayabusa’s straight-line performance. The Hayabusa’s stock performance remains remarkable, if not quite as raw as the original’s. It remains one of the ultimate GTs on the road, and one of the most highly modified machines for strip and land speed racing efforts. As for this salty dog, it’s rejuvenating to learn that a mature and battle-hardened friend still exemplifies fire and grace.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Been an R1 guy for years, love the bike.

Paid $416 for a years insurance. Been riding for over 25 years, no accidents is partially why.

Not to be a downer on the hellcat forum, but a stock busa will kill a stock hellcat be it the 1/4 mile, or 1/2 mile

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I used to mess with a guy that had a busa with nitrous and he ran 9.2. I would always remind him my '87 mustang was quicker:LOL:
Drag strip or on the road? Bikes are real hard to launch from a standing start. from a 40mph roll, a totally different animal.