Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Alphabet Agency Visited Me

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
In the UK we have emissions checks done as part of annual safety test (MOT), they're all computer logged back to the government department. The answer is finding a friendly garage who will stick the probe up the exhaust of another car o_O.

Current gas guzzler deterrents are extra tax at purchase and more expensive annual road fund licence. In reality it's just a money maker as whats a few hundred more a year for people who can afford an expensive car.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
In the UK we have emissions checks done as part of annual safety test (MOT), they're all computer logged back to the government department. The answer is finding a friendly garage who will stick the probe up the exhaust of another car o_O.
Here the sniffer is gone. They plug into the OBD port. Cant do the old switcheroo anymore. Those days are long gone.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Here the sniffer is gone. They plug into the OBD port. Cant do the old switcheroo anymore. Those days are long gone.
Computers are the worst thing that happened to cars. I've heard of data being taken from ECU and used in court.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I assume the words let’s see the warrant came out of your mouth if it’s not a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just my two cents. Cops are pretty much not stupid (except on TV). I've yet to see flat out illegal searches. They will often ask, but that doesnt mean they'll run to a judge if you say no. If it's serious business they'll have gone to the judge before they come visit you.

sniper cartridge.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Computers are the worst thing that happened to cars. I've heard of data being taken from ECU and used in court.
Absolutely. If the evidence is there, and 4 people where killed, pulled the ECM and check the TPS and other records. Defendant says he was cruising at the limit but the TPS shows the car was WOT for at least 20 seconds prior to impact, well, you've just shown the jury you're a liar, and you were driving recklessly (unless it was a Fiat 500, in which case you might have just been merging)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I thought it was something to do with the LGBTQXYZABC crew. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
They were poorly advised. The owner of the property, the housing authority, granted them the right and actually requested that they search. But as anyone knows who is even reasonably intelligent, the renter is entitled to reasonable use and enjoyment of their premises, including privacy and protection against unreasonable search and seizure. They could go to town if they had probable cause, but you can't use the landlords request, without more, to justify a search. I'm sure they did something stupid. My approach would have been to walk the dog through the complex public spaces with the landlords approval, at their request, if the dog alerts at various doors, get a "stand by" judge to grant search warrants over the phone and run it out by courier. Now they could still dump it down the toilet, eat it, whatever, jump out the back window, but enough passes like that and after a while I'd wager it would get easier to just go somewhere else to smoke / deal / whatever. But I doubt the resources would be applied to the problem like that.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
They were poorly advised. The owner of the property, the housing authority, granted them the right and actually requested that they search. But as anyone knows who is even reasonably intelligent, the renter is entitled to reasonable use and enjoyment of their premises, including privacy and protection against unreasonable search and seizure. They could go to town if they had probable cause, but you can't use the landlords request, without more, to justify a search. I'm sure they did something stupid. My approach would have been to walk the dog through the complex public spaces with the landlords approval, at their request, if the dog alerts at various doors, get a "stand by" judge to grant search warrants over the phone and run it out by courier. Now they could still dump it down the toilet, eat it, whatever, jump out the back window, but enough passes like that and after a while I'd wager it would get easier to just go somewhere else to smoke / deal / whatever. But I doubt the resources would be applied to the problem like that.

Having inside information on this event, given my connection with it, the officer at the center of this used (abused) his badge and intimidated/threatened his way into more than one residence even after being denied access.

I understand that this LEO mentality is not common place, but it absolutely exists, and it's nothing short of pure immature evil bullshit cop mentality.

This is the 1% that fucks up the LEO community, and it's this 1% that gets away with this crap.

My .02

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
It’s no joke, it’s coming. I went for an inspection Monday to a small town garage I’ve gone to for 25+ years, I scrape he writes I pay he sticks and I’m on my way. Not this time, car (not my cat) in the garage, up in the air, never checked my brakes was looking for cats, down off the lift then on my way. I asked him WTF?? He said big brother visited and and went over his inspection license agreement with him and penalties for non compliance, he said “sorry, I like my house and sleeping in my bed, get prepared for worse”.
They're doing the same thing down here in Florida as well. They impounded 8 local streamers' cars and detained 3 local shop managers yesterday in Tallahassee for illegally removing catalytic converters. One of the shops was hit with fines for allegedly removing over 50 sets of catalytic converters in 2020... so they've apparently been data collecting for a while and are trying to make examples of highly visible people in the area.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
They should focus on the assholes stealing the convertors !!! :mad::mad::mad:

I just paid 3800 to repair my truck after C suckers cut out the cats

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

I would like to set up a car on a jack and drop it on them

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Having inside information on this event, given my connection with it, the officer at the center of this used (abused) his badge and intimidated/threatened his way into more than one residence even after being denied access.

I understand that this LEO mentality is not common place, but it absolutely exists, and it's nothing short of pure immature evil bullshit cop mentality.

This is the 1% that fucks up the LEO community, and it's this 1% that gets away with this crap.

My .02
It's closer to 5%

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

That platinum is big money now... have to cage them up like AC units

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That platinum is big money now...
Yeah, used for some Ford pickups, and in that new designer DEF.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And when you talk about the mindset of correction officers today...that mindset quadruples...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle