Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Alpha obd

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I tried AlfaOBD, shit wouldn't work at all on either my 2016 Ram or 2015 Hellcat. 🤷‍♂️

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
@Paladin06, have you tried programming a key with it?

Strange that he shows AlfaOBD giving the PIN, I thought we had to go to the dealer to get that.

Obviously, I haven't tried it yet, just curious.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
@Paladin06, have you tried programming a key with it?

Strange that he shows AlfaOBD giving the PIN, I thought we had to go to the dealer to get that.

Obviously, I haven't tried it yet, just curious.
No not a key. I did the auto windows down, TPS warning and monitoring off and the DRL's remain on with turn signals.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orange County
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Durango SRT
A possible alternative I found mentioned on other Durango forums. OBD JScan. Anyone here using that one? It's a free app as opposed to AlfaOBD ($50). Maybe it's a "get what you pay for" kinda thing but seems very similar to AlfaOBD and is working on other Durango's.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
There is a massive AlfaOBD thread on RamForums. Jesus... huge.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

I've learned a LOT, over there. Much, if not all of it, applies to our cars.

The developer, Alexi, is amazing and easy to work with. He pushed regular updates, with real changes, not just background garbage called an "update".

Worth the $50.

No one likes to hear this part, but absolutely buy the OBDLink MX+. Stay away from any ELM32 products. You WILL brick your car. Period. Not today. Not tomorrow... but it WILL happen. Baud rate too slow and does not connect to all modules.

MX+ does it all.

I started an Alfa thread, years ago. Lots of tutorials in there.

Also, the Alfa thread on LXForums is ongoing and really good.

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
It is very similar format to the VCDS, I have both. I use the VCDS on my Audi's.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Definitely a decent setup to have

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orange County
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Durango SRT
There is a massive AlfaOBD thread on RamForums. Jesus... huge.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

I've learned a LOT, over there. Much, if not all of it, applies to our cars.

The developer, Alexi, is amazing and easy to work with. He pushed regular updates, with real changes, not just background garbage called an "update".

Worth the $50.

No one likes to hear this part, but absolutely buy the OBDLink MX+. Stay away from any ELM32 products. You WILL brick your car. Period. Not today. Not tomorrow... but it WILL happen. Baud rate too slow and does not connect to all modules.

MX+ does it all.

I started an Alfa thread, years ago. Lots of tutorials in there.

Also, the Alfa thread on LXForums is ongoing and really good.

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk
Awesome. Thanks for all of this. Ordered the OBD MX+ and will be purchasing AlfaOBD and a security gateway bypass shortly.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had a really bad experience today with Alfa OBD and my 2015 Hellcat. Scenario... Talking with @jonx96 on the phone and he mentions he's mucking with Alfa... Okay let me give it a shot.

I connected my MX+ via Bluetooth, disconnected my Tazer but left the MPVi2 on the splitter. Started Alfa selected the following:
1685801125081.png

Hit the connect button... Car went absolutely fucking nuts. Windshield wipers went off, it was in some sort of funky diagnostic mode but something wasn't right. Couldn't turn the car off. Closed Alfa and disconnected the bluetooth module, pulled the battery terminal because it's as if it went into programming mode but got stuck. Freaked the fuck out and called @jonx96 while the battery was disconnected he held my hand and helped me breathe lol.

Reconnected battery, plugged in MPVi2, wrote the entire OS, engine and trans calibration. Go to attach my Tazer and it's not married? Great, did my BCM just get fried?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Stop
I tried AlfaOBD, shit wouldn't work at all on either my 2016 Ram or 2015 Hellcat. 🤷‍♂️
stop

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had a really bad experience today with Alfa OBD and my 2015 Hellcat. Scenario... Talking with @jonx96 on the phone and he mentions he's mucking with Alfa... Okay let me give it a shot.

I connected my MX+ via Bluetooth, disconnected my Tazer but left the MPVi2 on the splitter. Started Alfa selected the following:
View attachment 107255

Hit the connect button... Car went absolutely fucking nuts. Windshield wipers went off, it was in some sort of funky diagnostic mode but something wasn't right. Couldn't turn the car off. Closed Alfa and disconnected the bluetooth module, pulled the battery terminal because it's as if it went into programming mode but got stuck. Freaked the fuck out and called @jonx96 while the battery was disconnected he held my hand and helped me breathe lol.

Reconnected battery, plugged in MPVi2, wrote the entire OS, engine and trans calibration. Go to attach my Tazer and it's not married? Great, did my BCM just get fried?
No, you’re fine. But I don’t like the windows version. Android version is more fool proof. Make sure the drivers are updated on your MX+. I would never have HPTuners hooked up while doing this, this should be the only dongle connected to the car.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I did stop, you seem to be the Alfa SME, do you know why it's doing this?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I forget wtf I did before but I definitely set the wipers off before but I think that was with my raspberry and caring caribou/ replaying can bus shit

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
No, you’re fine. But I don’t like the windows version. Android version is more fool proof. Make sure the drivers are updated on your MX+. I would never have HPTuners hooked up while doing this, this should be the only dongle connected to the car.
Okay, so what I'm worried about now is the BCM, car seems fine. Drove it for a bit once reprogrammed to get coffee. Got a intermittent U402 but cleared it and it's not back. So no Tazer, no HP Tuners attached. However my Tazer was programmed for the car with line lock and all sorts of other features. Should I have my BCM set back to stock before I move forward?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
it all depends, did you mess with your BCM config at all, or simply try connecting? If you used your tazer to take a backup of your BCM before you married it, I would set the BCM back to that config

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
it all depends, did you mess with your BCM config at all, or simply try connecting? If you used your tazer to take a backup of your BCM before you married it, I would set the BCM back to that config
So I have not touched the BCM config at all because it started being a cast member of the exorcist and the wipers, lights, everything started going on their own. The tazer is unmarried magically so I don't know how to restore anything now. I might have to take it to my friend as my Tech Authority is down for the count right now. Just broke my fucking micropod II :( that's gonna be an expensive fix, FML... Not having a good day.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
How do you disable suspension and tps ?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
First, DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE BLUETOOTH MX+ OR SIMILAR DONGLE ATTACHED.

Second, make a backup, connect...
1685828621184.png
Head to Active Diagnostics and then selected Backup Vehicle Configuration to file
1685828852311.png
30 seconds later:
1685828889751.png
Now... YOU ARE READY TO FUCK SHIT UP ...

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
How do you disable suspension and tps ?
Have not tried these myself but maybe these are the settings you are looking for...
1685830045474.png
I think it's a typo in the software"Active Dumping" vs Active Dampening Control Module... give that a shot.

For TPMS
1685830138934.png

let me know if these work for you...

so the micropod is cracked in half, makes me very sad... the tazer though is still foobar'd. Says it's married but when I connect to car it's like who are you????

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country