Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FS '23 Durango Hellcat

Trader history for Jimmy N. (0)

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #101
It's home, finally.

I like it more than I thought I would, and it was very nice to see only 18 miles on the odometer. I'd expected quite a bit more, and those 18 include the seven miles that the dealer had to drive it (yes, they have to these days).

He even called and asked my permission before doing it. Have I mentioned that I like this dealership?
Anyway, today it'll go on the lift so I can check all the fluids, then clear a spot for it in the garage. DSCN4984[1].JPG

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's home, finally.

I like it more than I thought I would, and it was very nice to see only 18 miles on the odometer. I'd expected quite a bit more, and those 18 include the seven miles that the dealer had to drive it (yes, they have to these days).

He even called and asked my permission before doing it. Have I mentioned that I like this dealership?
Anyway, today it'll go on the lift so I can check all the fluids, then clear a spot for it in the garage. View attachment 113194
From what I've heard, check and make sure that all of the standard and optional equipment has been installed.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #103
Thanks, I'll check. Already know that it has the 3rd seat I don't want, and the sunroof I don't want.
Those are part of the $6K Plus package...that I didn't want.

Didn't add a single option, but I'll dig up the build sheet and see what all it's supposed to have.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
yea, make sure they gave you the 0-60 time it's supposed to have :sneaky:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks, I'll check. Already know that it has the 3rd seat I don't want, and the sunroof I don't want.
Those are part of the $6K Plus package...that I didn't want.

Didn't add a single option, but I'll dig up the build sheet and see what all it's supposed to have.
Things I found wrong/missing so far on mine:

auto dimming highbeams INOP - sensor not installed under mirror & feature not activated in BCM (but shows in FUConnect settings)
hood misaligned (fixed this myself)
rear doors exterior window weather strip incorrectly installed
rear spoiler not aligned
gas door crooked/not flush with body & hard to open/close, they cheaped out & removed the interior release in favor of a push open/close design
headlight switch now works opposite the was the old one did ('auto' now full right instead of full left)
3rd row seats no longer fold completely flat without really forcing them down
RF Hub lockout NOT done at the factory, requires dealer visit TSB # 0808723
Be sure to call & cancel the Guardian & FUConnect tracking/telematics unless you like them knowing your every move !

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #106
If the auto dimming headlights don't work is something I'd never know. Everything automated that can be disabled in settings is, before driving a car for the first time.

Did notice that one front corner of the hood needs to be adjusted up about an 1/8", which is easy enough. Unlike the Challenger I got a while back which needed both sides adjusted down quite a bit, enough to have to tweak the latch mechanism a little.

The 3rd row seats are all the way down already, and will stay there - unless I decide to remove them.

Not worried about the RF hub lockout not being done. But will mute the horn in case I do lock the car somewhere.

We'll see what I find underneath in a couple of hours. Hopefully fluids at correct levels and no loose fasteners, but I'm not betting on it.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #107
Public service announcement:

I can't sell this car quite yet. At least not before the end of the month, or it wouldn't be eligible to win Hellcat of the month.
If nothing else, it's a good excuse not to sell it for a while. Also, once the strike begins it'll be worth even more.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Keep it Jimmy! :)

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #109
Easy for you to say, Eric. I'm still trying to get to 300 break-in miles on the GT AWD, and have had that one for a couple three months.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Jimmy...

So where are you at on this DHC? Are you keeping it or are you selling it?

You know, 'thread being in the market place and all.... :unsure:

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #111
That's a good question, BULL.

After having gone through it, fixed a few minor things, and getting more familiar with it, it has grown on me. But...
Without screwing the dealer I can't really sell it until it's paid off, and that can't happen until the end of November.

So for now the question is; does it remain a garage queen or should I drive it? At this point I really don't feel like starting yet another break-in drive experience. The first 100 or so, in 20-mile portions to break in the gears, aren't so bad, but the remaining 400 can be sucky.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #112
Jimmy...

So where are you at on this DHC? Are you keeping it or are you selling it?
I suppose I could explain the situation a bit better.

When the '23s became available to order, I figured that it would be un-American not to get one of the last 6.2s. That was in late November. Then it was uncertain if the order would actually go through, so I prepared myself for not getting a Durango.

In mid April it started to look like it would happen after all, but at that point the version I really wanted became available for ordering - a Vapor Gray Base model. Attempts at changing to a Base model, or at least to Gray, didn't work out, so I'm getting a Durango, just not the one I wanted.This bummed me out a bit.

Next, now early May, it was built but apparently not able to catch a train ride. This went on until mid July, and by now the thoughts about the ill fated '19 Challenger (which arrived four months and eight days after being built, and damaged) were taking over. Now I didn't want it anymore.

Couldn't walk away from the order with a clean conscience since the dealership put a lot of work into making it happen, and isn't in the right area to sell something like this. Plus, it didn't exactly help that by now I'd bought a Challenger GT AWD, which I really, really like.

What to do with the Durango then? Not much choice, really. It arrived at the dealer on 8-9, and on 8-16 I got a chance to pick it up. Thankfully, it was in near perfect condition, so other than fixing the reveals on the hood and checking fluids and such it didn't need a thing. Other than a new home.

Today I took the GT AWD on a pleasurable drive to the not so local MVD and registered the Durango. Would I have preferred to drive the Durango? No. If anything I would've taken the '18 'Cat instead, but wanted to get more break-in miles on the GT.

So, the bottom line (as it stands right now) is that I rather drive the GT. I'm sure that the Durango is a great car, but I'm weird enough to enjoy the V6 Challenger more than I would the Durango. I think.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I suppose I could explain the situation a bit better.

When the '23s became available to order, I figured that it would be un-American not to get one of the last 6.2s. That was in late November. Then it was uncertain if the order would actually go through, so I prepared myself for not getting a Durango.

In mid April it started to look like it would happen after all, but at that point the version I really wanted became available for ordering - a Vapor Gray Base model. Attempts at changing to a Base model, or at least to Gray, didn't work out, so I'm getting a Durango, just not the one I wanted.This bummed me out a bit.

Next, now early May, it was built but apparently not able to catch a train ride. This went on until mid July, and by now the thoughts about the ill fated '19 Challenger (which arrived four months and eight days after being built, and damaged) were taking over. Now I didn't want it anymore.

Couldn't walk away from the order with a clean conscience since the dealership put a lot of work into making it happen, and isn't in the right area to sell something like this. Plus, it didn't exactly help that by now I'd bought a Challenger GT AWD, which I really, really like.

What to do with the Durango then? Not much choice, really. It arrived at the dealer on 8-9, and on 8-16 I got a chance to pick it up. Thankfully, it was in near perfect condition, so other than fixing the reveals on the hood and checking fluids and such it didn't need a thing. Other than a new home.

Today I took the GT AWD on a pleasurable drive to the not so local MVD and registered the Durango. Would I have preferred to drive the Durango? No. If anything I would've taken the '18 'Cat instead, but wanted to get more break-in miles on the GT.

So, the bottom line (as it stands right now) is that I rather drive the GT. I'm sure that the Durango is a great car, but I'm weird enough to enjoy the V6 Challenger more than I would the Durango. I think.
Life seems to change at warp speed anymore. So what you wanted no longer is. Crazy.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
If I could afford the HellRango and the TRX I’d have to have one. For now I’m thrilled with the TRX. Using the same dealer as @Jimmy N. (he referred me to them for the TRX), I can say they are great to work with.

How many miles on your TRX now @Jimmy N. ?

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #115
It's still at 18, just like when I picked it up.

And best I can tell, that's where it'll stay for the foreseeable future. I have no reason to drive it, so I haven't. If that makes any sense.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's still at 18, just like when I picked it up.

And best I can tell, that's where it'll stay for the foreseeable future. I have no reason to drive it, so I haven't. If that makes any sense.
Not to me.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #117
And why does that not surprise me?

You just want me to go out and begin the dreadful break-in driving instead of being able to drive 100+ in something else, don't you?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And why does that not surprise me?

You just want me to go out and begin the dreadful break-in driving instead of being able to drive 100+ in something else, don't you?
Nope. Just stating what I would do.

I'm not a collector or speculator since I drive my cars. Some on a limited basis but they still get driven.

I tried holding and not driving a car. I sold it.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #119
Okay, but in my mind it makes more sense to drive vehicles that I want to drive, like the Challengers and the 1500. And it's not only that I like to drive them, they kinda need to be driven every now and then.

At this point the Durango has been sitting in the garage for three weeks, while several other fun to drive vehicles haven't been driven in maybe six months, or more. Yes, having too many vehicles combined with driving very little is largely a self inflicted problem, but that doesn't exactly make me a collector or speculator.

So let's say that something happens to the GT AWD. If I still have the Durango, then it would be the logical replacement vehicle. But my crystal ball hasn't told me about what happens next, so I don't know. Besides, it's not like the GT would have to be replaced with something else anyway.

If it makes you feel better, I am actively trying to thin the herd, but since it's unlikely that I'll start driving more, that still leaves only a few thousand miles per year that's spread between several vehicles.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Okay, but in my mind it makes more sense to drive vehicles that I want to drive, like the Challengers and the 1500. And it's not only that I like to drive them, they kinda need to be driven every now and then.

At this point the Durango has been sitting in the garage for three weeks, while several other fun to drive vehicles haven't been driven in maybe six months, or more. Yes, having too many vehicles combined with driving very little is largely a self inflicted problem, but that doesn't exactly make me a collector or speculator.

So let's say that something happens to the GT AWD. If I still have the Durango, then it would be the logical replacement vehicle. But my crystal ball hasn't told me about what happens next, so I don't know. Besides, it's not like the GT would have to be replaced with something else anyway.

If it makes you feel better, I am actively trying to thin the herd, but since it's unlikely that I'll start driving more, that still leaves only a few thousand miles per year that's spread between several vehicles.
Seriously, it doesn't matter to me what you do with your cars. It's just conversation.

I have thinned my herd significantly and it is continuing as I no longer want to maintain and pay to keep them. It stopped being fun and became work.