Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Lineup to be Announced July 2

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Yes I cannot see the DEAL on the SUPER STOCK and probably very small production. Unless you are tracking her I cannot see it and do you really want the DEMON suspension for daily back road and open highway driving???. No thanks and this is the main reason I never went for the DEMON just too much a straight line car and I do not track so its more about having a drink in your hand and a cigar in your garage showing your buddies the car. And for the record its the Demon perception to a degree that 🤔 all the DEMON owners will be like you think you have a DEMON:whistle:. And just look at members like @1971demon who are labeled:LOL: do you really want that attached to your Avatar:whistle:
I'm all on the Demon train and even got one at MSRP. But it was sold and I've been wanting to get back into one. Prices are around 100k for a barely used one with a crate. Still 10k more than mine was new. I dont want to spend that kind of money for something I will modify and beat on.
The one thing I held off on the Redeye was lack of Demon suspension. Those cars work and imo was the real magic of the Demon not the 840hp that everyone raved about.

Dodge just gave us that setup from the factory. Its not for everyone but its happy days for me!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Screenshot_20200704-033423_Facebook.jpg

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Okay guys, here's a dumb question. Do you think that dealers could tweak our RedEye PCM'S to gain the 10 HP without voiding our warranty?

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
Would you seriously want to tow that much behind a Durango??

I know that the J2807 ratings favor power, but physics still dictate that a long wheelbase and weight are very good things in a tow vehicle.

To put things in perspective, I won't even tow an empty 18-foot car hauler behind my Ram 1500. There's just no forgetting that it's back there.
Oh I agree. It’s an interesting marketing point though.
I tow my rock crawler or old mopars on a car hauler with my 2006 EFI Live tuned CTD. Also has a Jake brake. I see way too many flatlanders towing a camper in the mountains with a half ton truck or less. A danger to themselves and everyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Okay guys, here's a dumb question. Do you think that dealers could tweak our RedEye PCM'S to gain the 10 HP without voiding our warranty?
Absolutely not

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
The 10 "extra" HP is only because they raised the redline 100 RPM and measure it at 6400 instead of 6300 for the Redeye. No other engine tweaks.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I can't wait to see a calibration from a 2021 RE to see what they really did. It's probably not much if anything other than marketing to be honest. 10hp pffft, no one would ever even notice that and is only for print material IMO.

You can disagree if you'd like, but there are only so many manufactures that make that amount of HP or more in a production vehicle, and they all do it on 91 octane. Before you discredit the claim because of the low production numbers, you need to understand that they are the only ones who make more HP than Dodge, so they represent 100% of the available cases.

https://www.tflcar.com/2016/07/four...-station-startup-acceleration-included-spied/
https://www.motorauthority.com/news...ve-the-worlds-most-powerful-production-engine
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...racing-engines-did-just-that-video-86752.html

Mclaren makes 800hp with a 4L.

So, like I said, design a motor with exotic materials, dohc, and turbos... and make all of the HP you want on 91 octane. The octane isn't the limiting factor, it's just 1 variable. Improve everything around the fuel and let the fuel become the limiting factor, but don't start there.
Even our platform can make 900hp on 91 octane. Add cubes, and turbos, and you're there. Don't do it with a stock 6.2 and a stock blower... that won't last long - but I bet it'll get there.
I thought we were talking about $70K - $80K Dodge cars here, not unobtanium hand built one offs :ROFLMAO:

Although that Koenigsegg making 1280hp on 91 is damn impressive. Probably does that for 2 seconds in 40 degree air though before dialing everything down :unsure:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I can't wait to see a calibration from a 2021 RE to see what they really did. It's probably not much if anything other than marketing to be honest. 10hp pffft, no one would ever even notice that and is only for print material IMO.
:unsure:
I will send you a copy of mine when I get it. I will still have the double bypass cable and the HPTuners tool from this car.

These guys keep talking about the Horsepower rating. Dodge could put whatever number they want on the car and I do not think it is a coincidence that it just happened to be 1 Horsepower less than the Demon. In other words they can rate the HP anywhere they want along the curve, or less. Not more. And it has nothing to do with the shift points. My Prediction : The RedEye S/S is way under rated.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
And here I'm trying hard to get 76K or more for my '20 with less than 1,700 miles on it.
Well if there are no takers for your 2020 with 1.7K miles, sounds like a mid mile (20-30K) Hawk should be considerably less than 70K.

Either way, a used TH sounds like a much better option vs an out the door ~100K DurangHawk (without markup!) that you KNOW will depreciate 30% within a year. I don't see it being a big seller, or dealers being able to get sticker let alone markups even with 1 yr only. Now if the TH never existed? Maybe. But the TH does exist and many nice examples can be had for way less than this new (marked up?) DurangHawk.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
But they're still Brembo, I saw some closeups. Yeah we def want one.. there were some other things we wanted to kinda do first though. I hate they're only making 21's. Now I feel like we're on the clock
Don't worry...its a slow clock..there will still be some on lots in 2022;)

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Damn that Demon got a killer launch in the vid.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Anyone who's been fooling with these cars the past few years should not be at all surprised.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Anyone who's been fooling with these cars the past few years should not be at all surprised.
My prediction.......The SRT Super Stock is WAY under rated.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I agree also 10.5 1/4 is laughable it will smash 10.5s may even get in the 9.90s with amazing prep and amazing DA.
If it came in regular body I would be very tempted to sell my Redeye for a Super Stock.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My thoughts exactly...release it with ho hum expectations....and have it post incredible numbers on the track...the'll sell like mad...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@DRAGRCR you getting one?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
What's interesting is that most on here are saying that the SS got the Demon drag suspension. It didnt. When i watched the reveal I didn't hear Tim say that and this bit below confirms that the SS doesn't have the demon weight transfer set up.

Dodge claims it was careful to leave out the special sauce and preserve the Demon's drag strip dominion. Those few missing components in the Super Stock—the hood, the trans brake, the skinny front wheels, race fuel ECU tuning and various suspension parts that effectively maximize weight transfer to the rear wheels in a launch—are needed for the Demon to achieve its promised 9.65-second quarter-mile time. And Dodge says it won't sell them to anyone without a Demon VIN, including any future Super Stock owners who have the bright idea of building their own Demon clone.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Couldn’t a speed shop with connections or one of your Demon buddies just order the Demon parts for you?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Couldn’t a speed shop with connections or one of your Demon buddies just order the Demon parts for you?
I'm not positive...but I don't think you can order another race fuel ECU even with a Demon vin..I seem to remember a guy bought a Demon without the crate....FCA wouldn't issue another for that vin...but as we know...nothings impossible