Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Lineup to be Announced July 2

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Wow.....I wonder if they are just skipping regular production for now and catching up on the special ordered cars? I guess that would make sense. Dealers might not want a bunch of stock this late in the model year.
Was told by a well known dealer and FCA person that sold orders are being built first now.
If you have a deposit it will be lost in the denial of the car. I rejected a couple cars I ordered just because I didn't want the car anymore only lost a $100 deposit on the one.
Against the law in nearly every state. They still have a tangible asset to sell so there is no loss on their part.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Lol couldnt give a rats ass about what Demon owners think. But I’m sort of with you. I passed on the Demon because I would never allow myself to get so far sucked into the hype of a limited run car that I would overpay like that. Ive always said if they wouldve just skipped the limited BS and was available for less without the crate and ECU, I wouldve been a buyer. Or maybe offered this car along side for less. Just a straight no nonsense, no race fuel/swapping ECU street racer but with the drag suspension. This is that car. One could argue why not just buy a Demon and run it around in 808 mode. I guess because it seems like the 840 is what youre paying for and never swapping the ECU, using race gas, and going to the track and using it would make me that guy with the cigar. Not to mention the price. This car to me is not that. To me the Super Stock is exactly what I wished the Demon wouldve been in some ways. Drag strip people are obviously happy with their Demons, im just not there. Plus I feel the Demon is too special if that makes sense. I’d want to just bubble wrap it and never drive it lol.

Last edited:

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Unless you are tracking her I cannot see it and do you really want the DEMON suspension for daily back road and open highway driving???. No thanks and this is the main reason I never went for the DEMON just too much a straight line car and I do not track so....
This was my worry when buying the 1320. Would it suck on the highway or back roads and be a drag only car?

Well, I've used my 1320 as a daily (up until a few weeks ago when I got very used civic) and after 7 months, even with COVID sitting me home, I have 11000 miles on it and "for me" its NOT a Drag only car by any means. Ive owned a 15 HC, and an 18 T/A 392 and this car is no worse in the turns and ride quality is no worse on the highway than the other two.

For suspension and steering, 1320 has "normal" which equates to HC "street", Sport which is HC Sport and Drag vs Track in the HC. Id imagine the SS will be the same. Granted, sport is not as good at handling as TRACK mode on the HC, but for PA/MD/NY/VA back roads its more than adequate for the under 100mph speeds you do 99% of the time. I would always use my HC in Sport mode except when on the highway and loved it.

Normal mode in the 1320 is just as comfy on the highway as street mode in the HC. Sport is equivalent as well and IMO better than the non adjustable suspension in the T/A. Maybe my memory of the HC has faded but they do seem to be equal in the street/sport settings.

My only complaint is that the 1320 transmission ONLY has "normal" and "drag" there is no "sport" and I DO find that Id like the trans to be more aggressive than it currently is in normal, but Drag mode is a little too aggressive for daily driving (for me). I can use drag mode with sport everything else on backroads and it will work the engine hard but it would be nice to have a middle ground.

Ive never had an issue with the smaller brakes either, BUT I dont road race the car. I will also qualify that statement with I havent been able to drag race it at a track either since theyve either been closed or overcrowded with people to the point there is no point going, or my sched didnt work to do it. So repeated stops from 120mph has not been done yet.

Id argue the drag pack stuff is sometimes better as a daily driver (particularly vs the non adj suspensions) because while you really aren't losing/suffering anything in normal day to day driving, city or highway suspension wise, drag mode around town is a HOOT coming off a light even without the drag radials. I have 11" Indy 500s out back and the car is a totally different monster in drag mode.

I think the drag mode suspension and all the other bits do add up. How much will it improve the SS traction/launch with 300+ more HP? Prob not as much as my meager 485, but it will help and I dont think you will sacrifice much if anything on the street with it. (wheels/tires notwithstanding)

YMMV

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I will also agree with everyone that the inevitable $20k dealer markups on a "one year only HC Durango" and the New almost a Demon SS challenger will kill sales. Id like to just kick them all in the Jimmy for being assholes. Big dealership kind of near me has a great service dept but shitty sales. Theyve had a white Daytona HC in the showroom since like December. Sticker is like $83k. They keep changing the price (like 2x a week) between $87 and $98,000 trying to generate interest even during COVID when trying to sell a car was a nightmare. The thing is going to sit there forever. Same with the Honda dealer up the street from them with their championship white Type R marked up from$37,000 msrp to $58,000. WTF guys

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Even Tim knows (and readily admits) the all ICE party is nearly over...

"Its (the hellcat SC Hemi) days are clearly numbered because of the emissions requirements," he said.

In fact, the Durango SRT Hellcat will only be offered in 2021, because it can't meet the next stage of emissions requirements coming in 2022, but Kuniskis thinks technology will come to the rescue.

"Electrification is inevitable in this space. It will help internal combustion engines perform significantly better and in some cases electrification all by itself."

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I will also agree with everyone that the inevitable $20k dealer markups on a "one year only HC Durango" and the New almost a Demon SS challenger will kill sales. Id like to just kick them all in the Jimmy for being assholes. Big dealership kind of near me has a great service dept but shitty sales. Theyve had a white Daytona HC in the showroom since like December. Sticker is like $83k. They keep changing the price (like 2x a week) between $87 and $98,000 trying to generate interest even during COVID when trying to sell a car was a nightmare. The thing is going to sit there forever. Same with the Honda dealer up the street from them with their championship white Type R marked up from$37,000 msrp to $58,000. WTF guys
Why do you say this?

"The New almost a Demon SS challenger will kill sales."

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #267
Even Tim knows (and readily admits) the all ICE party is nearly over...

"Its (the hellcat SC Hemi) days are clearly numbered because of the emissions requirements," he said.

In fact, the Durango SRT Hellcat will only be offered in 2021, because it can't meet the next stage of emissions requirements coming in 2022, but Kuniskis thinks technology will come to the rescue.

"Electrification is inevitable in this space. It will help internal combustion engines perform significantly better and in some cases electrification all by itself."
Bitter sweet I guess..

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Why do you say this?

"The New almost a Demon SS challenger will kill sales."
Pretty sure he meant the markups will kill sales on both models. It reads like he means the SS will kill sales but if you read it back...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bitter sweet I guess..
It's why I bought the Demon. I saw the writing on the wall. No offense to progress (electrification) but I wanted the All ICE King Kong. I have it and whatever tops it will be a hybrid. Thanks, but no thanks.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Pretty sure he meant the markups will kill sales on both models. It reads like he means the SS will kill sales but if you read it back...
Does anyone really think markups (for any car save for a Ford GT) have a chance in THIS economy? Yeah, I think that would be dealer suicide. Get a barely used Trackhawk for 50% off right now. As for the SS, it's likely going to be offered in 2022 as well, plus it's not THAT different than the redeye which you can get a deep discount now. Just not seeing it...

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Unless I misunderstand then I don't see the SS being that attractive:
Drag tuned suspension only on WOT
Smaller wheels with different tyres and hence smaller brakes
Demon launch control
+10 BHP

If you did a lot of drag racing then surely you'd have you own preference for wheels/tyres and be wanting more than 10 BHP. Maybe the launch control and suspension might be the attractive part. Certainly I wouldn't be keen on downsizing brakes.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
During conversation when I was looking for my cat I was actually told by an idiot sales person that they can't mark up vehicles as it's against FCA policy. Really? I guess all those PT Cruisers, yes they were a hot commodity at one time, Prowlers, Vipers and Demons I saw over sticker were just my imagination. But she was the same idiot that told me the Power $$ had expired which resulted in me kicking her to the curb and talking to another salesman at the same dealer and getting my rebate. Seems you should know the deals if you're going to be selling cars.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Does anyone really think markups (for any car save for a Ford GT) have a chance in THIS economy? Yeah, I think that would be dealer suicide. Get a barely used Trackhawk for 50% off right now. As for the SS, it's likely going to be offered in 2022 as well, plus it's not THAT different than the redeye which you can get a deep discount now. Just not seeing it...
Markups will happen, the economy has nothing to do with it. Even since it went bad in March....the people who can afford this type of vehicle can still afford it because they are wise financially.

As for a used Trackhawk at 50% right now, not a chance. Unless high mileage they are still pulling $70k.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So I have a RE that should be here in a few wks. But the Super Stock...
Has anyone here ever canceled an order with a dealer and switched? Wouldnt that sort of screw the dealer? Or is that something that is more common than Im thinking.
Also all of the online articles are calling the SS a 2020 model. Wth?
Late model addition. Also a new color called Tire Smoke.
Didn't Dodge extend the model year last year? Makes sense then that could drop a 2020 model year if they will keep building until November or whenever the switchover takes place.

I'm still curious to see the TRX before committing.

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 hellcat / 2018 demon
I see the Demon hate is still alive and well here lmao . For those who think the demon is just a straight line car your dead wrong .... run ignite 114 on the road and get 15.6 mpg cruising and handles like a dream . Hit the HO button and crack a 9.20 all day .... will your watered down demon do that ?? And yes we have two hellcats , 2020 redeye the wife daily’s and the demon . Unless you’ve driven one or tracked it .... your opinion means jack shit to the rest of us too !
Bucks

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
They should have made a hellcat journey, hellcat caravan, hellcat promaster van and a hellcat promaster city

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I see the Demon hate is still alive and well here lmao . For those who think the demon is just a straight line car your dead wrong .... run ignite 114 on the road and get 15.6 mpg cruising and handles like a dream . Hit the HO button and crack a 9.20 all day .... will your watered down demon do that ?? And yes we have two hellcats , 2020 redeye the wife daily’s and the demon . Unless you’ve driven one or tracked it .... your opinion means jack shit to the rest of us too !
Bucks
I agree with you . FCA should have never bastardized the demon by making the 1320 or the S/S . The same as the hellcat/redeye package should have been challenger only ."hellcat" is not unique any more.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agreed ... typical FCA marketing . They are going to have to get a little more creative I think the next go round . Hell .... I’m still waiting to get my hands on the new drag pak they hyped forever ago it seems like .

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Bucks
Well we have a Charger hater on this thread too so 🤷‍♂️.

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not even close lol , have an 18’ charger .....