Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Your handle/name meaning and why?

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Something is wong here.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
i should replyted ster. Just spent a week at Mottom Plant Clw, Fl. Lost BP and haeart stoppage 3 times. Flat linned 2 times and came out with 1 hell of a head acche. Still talkomhg yo myself beeing tech dead. The mail I recieve on Friday will tell the tale. Fl Safety Board yanking my linsceee. Start another fight. Be careful whom younsign hourmmlast rights over to/ I have and it hutts.
@Hickster
Hey Brian,
All my prayers brother.
Take it easy, and remember, one step at a time.
Health first.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@Hickster...Our prayers are with you, rest and take care. I for one very much enjoy your conversations and unique perspective.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So you guys may remember the Growlers (EA-18G) drawing a sky penis up at Whidbey Island. If you don't, this is a pretty funny and accurate article regarding it:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a27471645/navy-sky-penis/

The funny part is the call sign of the incoming Commander after the incident, Commander Brenden "Tess" Stickles...

View attachment 50238
Yep, and there were more penis incidents before and after. Prowler was all we had left after EF-111 was retired..... anyone remember the Italian cable car incident? The erasure of the tape should have resulted in more than it did, and I personally felt they should have been found guilty of negligent homicide at least.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
i should replyted ster. Just spent a week at Mottom Plant Clw, Fl. Lost BP and haeart stoppage 3 times. Flat linned 2 times and came out with 1 hell of a head acche. Still talkomhg yo myself beeing tech dead. The mail I recieve on Friday will tell the tale. Fl Safety Board yanking my linsceee. Start another fight. Be careful whom younsign hourmmlast rights over to/ I have and it hutts.
Wishin you the best Hick, stay safe!

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I’m my prayers, @Hickster. Get well.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I self published on Amazon. It did OK, paid for my student loans :) Choir of Thunder: Dawn of the Stormbringer. Fantasy fiction. It was the first in a planned series. Sequels still pending (see: lazy).

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I self published on Amazon. It did OK, paid for my student loans :) Choir of Thunder: Dawn of the Stormbringer. Fantasy fiction. It was the first in a planned series. Sequels still pending (see: lazy).

Damn man, that is very cool!

Some people have barely read a book, much less written one.
I thought about writing a book once, then remembered that I don't know the first thing about writing a book. It seemed like a brilliant idea for that hour though lol
A bit of my life story, and travels, with some fiction mixed into it so it wasn't so boring...okay a lot of fiction mixed into it...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

I thought about writing a book once, then remembered that I don't know the first thing about writing a book. It seemed like a brilliant idea for that hour though lol
A bit of my life story, and travels, with some fiction mixed into it so it wasn't so boring...okay a lot of fiction mixed into it...

I took some English classes after my tour and wrote about an engagement we had.

My Professor told me I should write a book about it...

I told her I was keeping my day job...

; )

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Several people have suggested that I'd write a book about my (mis)adventures in life.
I'm not up enough on the statute of limitations to know if it's a good idea or not. Either way, most readers would likely assume that it was all fiction anyway.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

From what you’ve shared here, I doubt you’d need to add fiction to make it not boring. I’d buy a copy. (Especially if you gave abduction details) 😉

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
My childhood, 15 years in the Army, riding bikes around the world, and then meeting and marrying a horse girl, turning a city boy into a rancher, and my struggles along the way, to me sounded like it might be interesting to read about, especially if I embellished the story some. But I quickly realized that it would be boring to anyone else, and wtf do I know about writing lol

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Several people have suggested that I'd write a book about my (mis)adventures in life.
I'm not up enough on the statute of limitations to know if it's a good idea or not. Either way, most readers would likely assume that it was all fiction anyway.

I think murder has no statute on how many years its been, but most other things do, but I couldn't tell you how many years. I've been in jail 3 times, 2 were for just hours, once was about 14 weeks till my trial, where I was found guilty, but time served was my sentence for that assault. The guy who pressed charges against me for the assault actually got arrested that same day, and in far more trouble than me, when it came out that I kicked his ass for beating up a girl. Drunk tank is no big deal, its like catch and release fishing. lol
I drank a lot from age 13 to 17. Several times I have no recollection of multiple days at a time. I am the product of alcoholic parents, and once I started to get myself under control at 17, I drank less and less, joined the Army, barely drank at all. Did go out partying in Afghanistan on some time off, that was bad, and also the last time I ever got drunk. Made myself a rule about 9 years ago, I am allowed a maximum of 1 drink per month.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
From what you’ve shared here, I doubt you’d need to add fiction to make it not boring. I’d buy a copy. (Especially if you gave abduction details) 😉

Can never discuss alien abduction details. But the rest of it I am open to talk about. Misbehaved some in my life, had a few run ins with the police, ran from them to lol.
Cops hate it when you run, and then you make them get exercise to catch you. Sadly for me, drunken teenage antics are not always well thought out, and also not as hard to catch as I thought I would be...drunk me overestimated my ability to outrun them, and how in a large city there are a lot of them, and they all talk to each other on a radio, making it hard to get away when there is about 20 of them, vs drunk idiot 15 year old me. Ps. Being tasered is not a lot of fun Lol

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I think murder has no statute on how many years its been, but most other things do, but I couldn't tell you how many years. I've been in jail 3 times, 2 were for just hours, once was about 14 weeks till my trial, where I was found guilty, but time served was my sentence for that assault.
Never killed, or maimed. Actually never even been in a fight.
Well, got beat on in school a couple of times, but that worked out quite well since the girls really liked that I wouldn't strike back.

Been in a jail cell once, during an open house at the local Sheriff's office where I was a volunteer. With a perfectly clean record, they had no idea who they had trusted with some responsibility.

I've run from cops, and almost ran over one, twice. That's a pretty funny story actually. But the key is obviously not to get caught.

And just the other day someone couldn't understand why I insisted on having a fire extinguisher mounted where I could reach it even if the vehicle was on its side or upside down. Guess I'm just used to ending up in such situations, I said. Judging by his reaction, I might as well have said that I was from Mars.

But it's a good thing we're all different, or it'd be really boring. I do get bored very easily.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Never killed, or maimed. Actually never even been in a fight.
Well, got beat on in school a couple of times, but that worked out quite well since the girls really liked that I wouldn't strike back.

Been in a jail cell once, during an open house at the local Sheriff's office where I was a volunteer. With a perfectly clean record, they had no idea who they had trusted with some responsibility.

I've run from cops, and almost ran over one, twice. That's a pretty funny story actually. But the key is obviously not to get caught.

And just the other day someone couldn't understand why I insisted on having a fire extinguisher mounted where I could reach it even if the vehicle was on its side or upside down. Guess I'm just used to ending up in such situations, I said. Judging by his reaction, I might as well have said that I was from Mars.

But it's a good thing we're all different, or it'd be really boring. I do get bored very easily.

Doesn't sound like you have any worries about writing a book then. The men in blue are not sending a swat team for you because of a few stupid mistakes. My run ins with the police were mostly as a youth, so thank God that didn't follow me into adult life as a bad record. Heck they already had me cornered when I ran, there was no need to taser me...but I pissed them off because they had to run, and I guess part of the being mad for making them run, was that they got the enjoyment of tasering me lol. It was a way of expressing to me they were really unhappy about having to run 😂
I honestly don't remember what I said when caught, but I had been drinking, and was likely a bit mouthy, so who knows I may have made a comment about them needing the exercise to work off the donuts to, or something. So that I'm sure made them even happier to taser me. But at the time, in my head, I was certain that I could outrun them, especially in a park. Ps. Cops will drive their cars through a park, and aren't worried about hurting the grass, incase anyone was wondering. They caught my friend to, it sounds like she was a lot easier to catch than I was, and she wasn't tasered. We were in a park, it was the middle of the night, on the swings, drinking beer. The original two officers told us to drop our beers and get off the swings, and then stand still, i read that in the police report, its a little fuzzy in my actual memory though. Instead apparently I guzzled the rest of my beer, tossed the can in the direction of the Officers, yelled run at my friend Diana, jumped off the swing, hit the ground, rolled, got up, and took off running across the park. LA has a lot of cops, it wasn't very long before it was a lot more than the original 2 chasing me. So let this be a lesson to all 15 year old kids...drunk you, thinks that you are a lot faster than you actually are lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was told at the end of the 80s that I should write a book about my life (so it was pretty damn F-ed up to that point, evidently). While it's had its moments, and my folks have passed on, I still do not think I would do it (I've written other things, but not something like that). There are things I am still not "over," I guess; and things I'm not sure how I feel about, and things that are probably best left unpublished. I'm not slamming others who do so (other than those guys that add all kinds of shit and periodically get busted on TV talk shows or whatever).