Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Your Car Insurance Rates Adjusted In Real Time -- Coming Soon

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
You will comply, or else.

NXP Semiconductors, Moter Technologies partner to extend vehicle insurance

• NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) and Moter Technologies have announced a secure data exchange platform that links deep vehicle data to insurance industry for risk assessment and cost modeling.
  • The platform combines NXP’s new S32G2 high-performance automotive processors with MOTER’s insurance data science expertise and software and enables vehicle data monetization with new and improved automotive insurance services.
  • The MOTER platform offers advanced risk algorithms that can be updated over-the-air and combined with an insurance carrier’s or mobility company’s custom insurance algorithms to create marketable driver insights.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Time to remove my State Farm becaon...I don't get much of a discount for having it but my wife gets a decent amount off for having one in her car. My insurance guy told me I have some of the worst driving data he has ever seen LOL, but they don't charge me any more - at least for right now LOL

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
My insurance agent asks me every now and then if I would like to have one of these devices cuz.....it'll save me money.

But I know it won't.

One reason is that everytime I go around a particular bend in the road in my neighborhood, my automatic braking applies because there are two vehicles that like to park on opposite sides of the street, right in the bend, so the detector thinks I'm about to have a crash as I approach these vehicles..

The second reason is that I like to use the gas pedal when I hit an on-ramp. Flowmasters sound so good when you are pressing the go pedal.

And 3rd.....I hate big brother snooping on me.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Time to remove my State Farm becaon...I don't get much of a discount for having it but my wife gets a decent amount off for having one in her car. My insurance guy told me I have some of the worst driving data he has ever seen LOL, but they don't charge me any more - at least for right now LOL
I would never install one of those. I don't care about the discount (I'm not rich). That keeps all kinds of data on you. And if you get into an accident, anything they can use from the info (whether it contributed to it or not, but could've) will be used. Unfortunately according to the OP we might not have a choice.

OP
Weather Man

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
Thread Starter #5
I would never install one of those. I don't care about the discount (I'm not rich). That keeps all kinds of data on you. And if you get into an accident, anything they can use from the info (whether it contributed to it or not, but could've) will be used. Unfortunately according to the OP we might not have a choice.
Zep, it looks like that want automakers to embed this in the car and sell the data to insurance companies.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
This is such a scam in my views being who the hell drIves the actual speed limit on highways like the Baltimore Washington DC areas. 55 MPH posted speed limits around these beltways are laughable. And its all about the Insurance Companies want to charge you more. Speed limits are outdated in some areas and the legislatures being paid off by the lobbyist will not reevaluate the roads MPH. And sure back roads and neighborhoods is one thing but go out onto the said mentioned beltways and try to drive the speed Limit without being run over. So in essence you drive like everyone else does which will be 10 plus over the speed, follow extremely closely to others with constant brake checks due to people trying to cut you off and or merge in to your lane, speed up on main ramps to get into traffic speed up to get off the main road. Then all the tailgaters on your ass if your actually obeying the laws. NO WAY would I expose myself to this since the main goals is to RAISE your RATES. Hell in VA if you get a Reckless driving ticket you are classified worst then a DWI. And sure I am not supporting reckless but 20mph over in any posted speed it’s automatic reckless which can even be loss of license, class 1 misdemeanor conviction. And some may say well dont do that yeh ok your in your Hellcat on the Beltway and do spirited sprint to get on the beltway and hit 77 mph and get pulled its going to be a really bad day and future for you. And of course I know you can challenge this and ask me how I know but yeh no thanks.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I would imagine that you would have the option not to participate in their program. I never signed up for any of the "smart" programs on my new vehicle. I turned the wifi modem off and the data reporting to off. I could be sharing my info now, but I also turned that off.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I would imagine that you would have the option not to participate in their program. I never signed up for any of the "smart" programs on my new vehicle. I turned the wifi modem off and the data reporting to off. I could be sharing my info now, but I also turned that off.
How did you turn off the wifi and data reporting. I was getting E-mails from FCA every month when they scanned my car to do service checks and after a few months found a clause on the waaay bottom to opt out, so I did. How'd you turn that other stuff off?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It's buried in the settings. I don't remember exactly where, but the manual or a YT video should show you. If you turn off the wifi that should do it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If I drove with one of those gizmos in my Challenger (or most anything else) the insurance would be cancelled and my license revoked before I could make it back home.
Thanks, but no thanks.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Geico wanted me to put one in the Hellcat. NSA said otherwise 🤣

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Geico wanted me to put one in the Hellcat. NSA said otherwise 🤣

Tell Edward I said hi

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've turned all that data reporting crap off in our cars and no way I'd volunteer to put a device in my car to be monitored. I'm actually shocked anyone does that lol.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Safeco told me a 5 or 10 percent discount if I did this. Braking to hard resulted in a bad score. I asked the insurance agent if they've ever hit the brakes in something with Brembos and they said no. I said no thanks.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Tell Edward I said hi
tell him your damn self, i’d drop the lead in his skull myself if i could

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Safeco told me a 5 or 10 percent discount if I did this. Braking to hard resulted in a bad score.
Would that bad score be worse than if not braking hard and just go off the road in the tangent?

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
My state farm agent is a car guy and loves to talk UFO's and conspiracy theory's lol. he's never bothered to suggest monitoring my driving habits.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
If I drove with one of those gizmos in my Challenger (or most anything else) the insurance would be cancelled and my license revoked before I could make it back home.
Thanks, but no thanks.

I didn't know that your Prius went that fast 😂

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Safeco told me a 5 or 10 percent discount if I did this. Braking to hard resulted in a bad score. I asked the insurance agent if they've ever hit the brakes in something with Brembos and they said no. I said no thanks.
I just got my annual renewal from Safeco Florida and shocked to see my rates went down!! No device necessary!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
At about $40 to $50 per month for the 6.2 powered vehicles, it would take a lot more than 10% off for me to succumb to having Big Brother ride along.

Now, if they offered to pay me $50/mo. to keep them insured, I might do it - if I get to pick which vehicle the snooping device would go on.