Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow I can charge my Mach EšŸ˜

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
So itā€™s only good for 178-188 miles??
Yes open hwy driving kills the range Iā€™d say 235 mile range goes to 200 or less. But hereā€™s the kicker once your on the open road and have to recharge the thermal battery pack is not letting you recharge to 100 percent. It only allows you 80 percent and or the charge slows down radically after 80 percent to protect it. This is the huge challenge on a major road trip behind your 200 mile range car goes to 160 miles. Which in essence is maybe 100-125 miles since your now paranoid as hell to not run the battery all the way down and you will go for an early exit to recharge it like driving a gas car you dint wait till itā€™s 1 mile from a gas station. You exit when say 25-50 miles. Thatā€™s the huge challenge being now your really driving a car with maybe 125 mile range or less depending where you are and the charging stations. Rural areas your screwed basically.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Wow you order and buy new Fords like no one I've ever met!

Curious if you have ever considered ordering/buying a Hellcat or Redeye? I mean it's not like you are not buying a lot of new cars...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
you could go on a longer road trip if both you an your wife rode in the same vehicle, just a thought:unsure:
Or they could just take shorter trips? Or stay at home like the government really wantsšŸ¤”

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
Wow you order and buy new Fords like no one I've ever met!

Curious if you have ever considered ordering/buying a Hellcat or Redeye? I mean it's not like you are not buying a lot of new cars...
I am sitting it out to see the next big reveal. And yes I have ordered many Rams and Dodges. 2016 Plum Crazy HC Challenger close to 2 year wait. 2016 Dodge Charger HC close to 2 year wait and bunch of others. And Iā€™m sitting it out in the stupid used car market for another HC. Or letā€™s see what Dodfe brings to the table. My guess 1.9 second Cat next up and 150 track limited to NHRA rules so no toll cages and all the other stuff after 150z

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I am shopping for a new push lawn mower to mow my ā€œnewā€ grass. We just did a major lawn remodel project. That unit is all the larger of a battery powered vehicle besides a golf cart that I will need for a long time. It was exciting, because we found a AWD unit!! That is perfect and it is light for a new hill we made that has to be mowed with this new unit for a while until the grass gets tougher and ready for the BIG ICE MOWER! Love the big loud smelly thing with the bad muffler, it sounds like it has a custom header.

But cc??? WTF dude, it is fairly bizarre you are even thinking of charging a battery vehicle with another battery vehicle because the charging stations are not adequate or donā€™t exist? Have fun, we are obviously NOT ready for use of those things yet. Iā€™ll use the pair of small batteries on the lawn mower that can be charged easy between lawn work, and not have the worry or liability of worrying how to charge any $50k + motor vehicles.

Just put a portable ICE POWERED electric generator in the back of the new Ford truck, it will look appropriate until 2050.:ROFLMAO:

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
I am shopping for a new push lawn mower to mow my ā€œnewā€ grass. We just did a major lawn remodel project. That unit is all the larger of a battery powered vehicle besides a golf cart that I will need for a long time. It was exciting, because we found a AWD unit!! That is perfect and it is light for a new hill we made that has to be mowed with this new unit for a while until the grass gets tougher and ready for the BIG ICE MOWER! Love the big loud smelly thing with the bad muffler, it sounds like it has a custom header.

But cc??? WTF dude, it is fairly bizarre you are even thinking of charging a battery vehicle with another battery vehicle because the charging stations are not adequate or donā€™t exist? Have fun, we are obviously NOT ready for use of those things yet. Iā€™ll use the pair of small batteries on the lawn mower that can be charged easy between lawn work, and not have the worry or liability of worrying how to charge any $50k + motor vehicles.

Just put a portable ICE POWERED electric generator in the back of the new Ford truck, it will look appropriate until 2050.:ROFLMAO:
I like challenges canā€™t you tellšŸ˜‚

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I like challenges canā€™t you tellšŸ˜‚
Seriously I do like the AWD mower for my temporary problem. Then it can replace the other push mower, we are tired of it anyway. It could be nice trimming everything with low noise and not worrying about starting the SOB.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
old school adapter, works with Hellcats! ...

siphon.JPG

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
At least you have one good use for the Lightening besides as an emergency generator for your house. You really donā€™t need it for anything elseā€¦I think you are falling too head over heels for the Ford ads

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
If anyone here wonders why the EV push is on more than ever here is one of many many reasons. Read the article in full. The payback on investment for the EV charging stations is years I mean many years on return investment. Like 20-25 yearsšŸ˜³
And we all just know these investors are crying big time and want yeh Governing bodies to help them from going broke. And uhm duh VW git killed in the diesel gate and they are doing everything to appease the Greenies.

Volkswagen Nears Deal to Sell Stake in Electrify America to Siemens
Transaction would value electric-vehicle charging business at more than $2 billion
Volkswagen AG VOW 1.66%ā–² is close to selling a minority stake in its U.S. electric-vehicle charge business to an arm of Siemens AG,SIEGY 0.29%ā–² a deal that would value the network at more than $2 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.

A sale of a stake in Volkswagenā€™s Electrify America LLC would generate additional funding as part of a plan to more than double the number of EV charging stations that Electrify America operates across the U.S. and parts of Canada to 1,800 by 2026. Reston, Va.-based Electrify America also offers EV charging stations for use at home.

The deal is expected to be announced as soon as Tuesday, assuming talks donā€™t break down.
Germany-based Siemens would make the investment through its Siemens Financial Services unit, according to the people. The deal would complement Siemensā€™s existing operations in the EV charging sector. In August, the engineering and technology company said it plans to expand its manufacturing operations in the U.S. as part of a plan to make over 1 million EV chargers for that market over the next four years.
In the U.S., Siemens manufactures charging equipment for buses, trucks and heavy-duty electric vehicles at its facility in Wendell, N.C. It also has EV-focused operations in Texas, California, South Carolina and Georgia.
Bets on charging networksare supported by a doubling of EV auto sales in the U.S. last year. However, that amount accounted for only a fraction of the U.S. car market, highlighting the challenges charging infrastructure facesgenerating sustainable profits. An analysis by consulting firm AlixPartners in 2020 showed that the average fast-charging station, charging market price for electricity, would take 20 to 25 years to pay off its initial investment.

Electrify America expects to spend $2 billion on its expansion in coming years, partly funded by the Siemens investment.

Volkswagen, which is based in Wolfsburg, Germany, formed Electrify America in 2016. That was part of an effort to show renewed commitment to clean vehicles after U.S. regulators accused the auto giant of installing so-called defeat devices on diesel cars that misstated emissions levels.

Governments and regulators have pushed traditional auto makers to phase out production of fossil-fueled powered cars in favor of electric ones. The success of some EV companies, led by Tesla Inc., is driving demand and funding for a faster rollout of charging stations. Mass adoption of clean-energy vehicles depends on drivers having confidence that they can charge their cars quickly when traveling.

Tesla operates one of the largest charging networks globally, but it has been available only to owners of the companyā€™s cars. In November, the EV maker started to open the infrastructure to non-Tesla vehicles in parts of Europe including France, the Netherlands, the U.K. and Norway to encourage wider EV adoption. Texas-based Tesla said it continues to expand this service to new sites and countries.

Tesla says its Supercharger technology allows users to charge their cars for up to 200 miles in 15 minutes. Electrify America says its charging technology is the fastest on the market, according to the website.

Utilities and governments also are seeking to expand the availability of charging facilities. The Electric Highway Coalition, whose members include Duke Energy Corp. and American Electric Power Co., is seeking to build an EV charging network spanning much of the U.S. South, Midwest and East Coast.

The U.S. government allocated $5 billion of the $1 trillion federal infrastructure bill to help create a national network of EV stations.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
First of all, there will never be enough EV stations, not in urban or rural areas. A national network of EV stations funded by billions of dollars of tax payerā€™s money and other investorā€™s money is a pipe dreamā€¦most taxpayers and investors donā€™t even want EVā€™s. The amount of design work, materials, equipment, labor and property to achieve this is virtually unobtainable. The ā€œnetworkā€ of EV stations will not be for the good of the majority of tax paying citizens in Canada and the US but mostly for the privileged few.