Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Why Hemis cost so much

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Think is one thing. Know and deliver products in quantity to the targeted audience is a another thing altogether.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
But they didn't. This has been a continuous cycle for Chrysler as long as I remember.

They design and build some great stuff, then sit back and admire it for years instead of constantly innovating the product line.

Then it becomes obsolete and they're broke and in need of financial help.
That's why I solely lay the blame for the downfall of the brand at Chrysler feet. Time and time again Chrysler got bought out until they lost their name

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
The frenchies think they can build anything, call it performance and Americans are so stupid that they will believe it and buy it.
This, everyone keeps forgetting this is not the Dodge, Chrysler from a decade ago. Hell it's not the Dodge, Chrysler form two years ago! Different company , different leadership, no matter what the peons want or think!

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Except for a couple duds, FCA did alright with most of the lineup, imo. Stellantis took a wrecking ball to it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Except for a couple duds, FCA did alright with most of the lineup, imo. Stellantis took a wrecking ball to it.
But they sat on their hands and did nothing else to the lineup. At least every couple of years should of seen refinements.

By 2023 they all should have updated technology including a revised dash, changes to the powertrain to make it more compliant and styling cues.

People can't tell the difference between a 2015 and a 2023. People always think that mine is brand new.

Sticker packages only go so far. There's plenty of "last call" models advertised for under msrp or dealers who think that they can mark them up 10s of thousands or hundreds sitting on the showroom floor.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Callahan
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2009 challenger
Dodge leaping toward the EV route will be their biggest mistake. I never used to see mopars on the road and now all I see are challengers chargers and Chryslers and barely any Camaros lol

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
This, everyone keeps forgetting this is not the Dodge, Chrysler from a decade ago. Hell it's not the Dodge, Chrysler form two years ago! Different company , different leadership, no matter what the peons want or think!
I would like to interject that the inline 6 Hurricanes were developed under FCA's watch as rumors were circulating before 2018. So maybe Manley saw the writing on the wall, jumped into a merger, and jumped out within 9 months before the crap hit the fan?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
But they sat on their hands and did nothing else to the lineup. At least every couple of years should of seen refinements.

By 2023 they all should have updated technology including a revised dash, changes to the powertrain to make it more compliant and styling cues.

People can't tell the difference between a 2015 and a 2023. People always think that mine is brand new.

Sticker packages only go so far. There's plenty of "last call" models advertised for under msrp or dealers who think that they can mark them up 10s of thousands or hundreds sitting on the showroom floor.
Agree, but the Stellantis merger was announced in December 2019 and finalized in January 2021. I put most of the blame on Stellantis. (Of course, FCA wanted it to happen.)

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Agree, but the Stellantis merger was announced in December 2019 and finalized in January 2021. I put most of the blame on Stellantis. (Of course, FCA wanted it to happen.)
Oh absolutely they did, Sergio was desperate to merge with someone, anyone before he passed.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I had an interesting conversation with someone who talked to some Dodge executives. They claimed the reason certain Hemi vehicles skyrocketed in price wasn't because of fines but because they wanted to discourage so many orders.

I personally think it is BS because they could easily limit allocations and I think they kept raising the price because they wanted the same markup money the dealers get. Stellantis has record profits even though they sold less cars than during the pandemic. No way fines are as big of a problem as I think Tim wants us to believe.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I had an interesting conversation with someone who talked to some Dodge executives. They claimed the reason certain Hemi vehicles skyrocketed in price wasn't because of fines but because they wanted to discourage so many orders.

I personally think it is BS because they could easily limit allocations and I think they kept raising the price because they wanted the same markup money the dealers get. Stellantis has record profits even though they sold less cars than during the pandemic. No way fines are as big of a problem as I think Tim wants us to believe.
They want to build their cash reserves before they have nothing to sell.

While hoping they can eventually put something out that people will buy.

This is why the TRX and Durango Hellcats were extended and prices were insanely raised.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
This is why the TRX and Durango Hellcats were extended and prices were insanely raised.
One of my sources told me the TRX was extended because they were delayed rolling out the Hurricane to Ram. He told me last year it was a 6 month delay until January and now it is officially confirmed. I suspect the Durango Hellcat came back because it share the same drivetrain as the TRX, so why not bring it back to for one last run. I'm sure if they had the Trackhawk still, it would return again.

I 100% believe the TRX price hike was intentionally raised for a final payday. Heck the 2021 TRX was $69,995 and now a base model 2024 TRX is 95k for literally the same exact truck 3 years later. The TRX averaged a $8,000 price increase every single year. I can think of no other vehicle, anywhere, that did that kind of price hike

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
One of my sources told me the TRX was extended because they were delayed rolling out the Hurricane to Ram. He told me last year it was a 6 month delay until January and now it is officially confirmed. I suspect the Durango Hellcat came back because it share the same drivetrain as the TRX, so why not bring it back to for one last run. I'm sure if they had the Trackhawk still, it would return again.

I 100% believe the TRX price hike was intentionally raised for a final payday. Heck the 2021 TRX was $69,995 and now a base model 2024 TRX is 95k for literally the same exact truck 3 years later. The TRX averaged a $8,000 price increase every single year. I can think of no other vehicle, anywhere, that did that kind of price hike
I have to try not being so negative about these people...

Ummmm NO.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
TRX and Durango can continue getting made because the CAFE standards for that class of vehicle are different. That's what I understand from reading of the CAFE standards and how they ramp in based on Biden's changes.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

As a manufacturing accountant, I can tell you that prices/costs are up across the board for everything.
I'd put money that its not up 25k for a mass produced truck!

The best idea these fucks ever had was to jack up the price knowing full well dumbasses will pay it.

They didn't price me out of their showrooms but I have made it a point to not buying anything Mopar for awhile.
Fuck em.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea and I said dat back in da 70s.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Listening to that dude talk makes me wanna kill myself! Probably why I blocked his Youtube channel.

I’d watch the video but I just can’t stand racerX, there’s just something about the guy that I hate even hearing his voice 🤷🏻‍♂️

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
As a manufacturing accountant, I can tell you that prices/costs are up across the board for everything.
I'd put money that its not up 25k for a mass produced truck!

The best idea these fucks ever had was to jack up the price knowing full well dumbasses will pay it.

They didn't price me out of their showrooms but I have made it a point to not buying anything Mopar for awhile.
Fuck em.
They priced me out. Not spending house money on a vehicle that was 25k cheaper a few years ago or a Hellcat that was like 60k all day