Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who didn't see this coming

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
This is BS when I was running service for Trane, they put the dog tags on our vans to monitor our driving. They rated you monthly and based it off the Google speeds for the particular road you were driving on. There was a 30 mile stretch of road under construction that was 55 mph but after the project was finished Google didn't update the speed to 75 mph for months. I got hauled into the office for a speeding reprimand.

What I see coming is the state patrol will monitor the speeds from their desk and these cars that have the VIN assigned to them ( similar to how air traffic control knows who you are by the transponder number the plane is squwking ) and issue tickets to the owner and if you don't pay they will disable your car until you pay up.. That will be their new cash cow !

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
You don’t have the right to break the law but you have the right and freedom to make your own decisions, good or bad. I can’t believe you wondered about this your whole life?
Didnt say I agreed with it. But yes Ive wondered forever about it. If they really dont want cars to speed then why bother making them able to?
The argument about having the right to break laws makes no sense at all. Using that logic I guess I have the right to decide to run people down on sidewalks even though it’s wrong lol. The whole freedom argument gets taken out of context and tailored conveniently into far too many topics imo. Yes freedom and rights are important. No they are not a license to act like a douche and run around creating chaos.
Like I said I dont agree with or support it but does it surprise me? Nope. Just another stranglehold that goes too far.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
That idea is total bullshit, but anything they push on our cars can and will be defeated once guys like us get their hands on it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
As Autocar notes, ISA technology still isn’t perfect. During one test, the ISA system was occasionally “slow to respond” and at one point set the speed limit at 60 mph while driving through a quiet English village.

Why don't they implement technology that disables text, video, games, etc of cell phones while in a moving car. THAT would save some lives I think.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
All of Europe has become VERY anti-car - tons of insane requirements & restrictions:

pedestrian 'friendly' hood/grill specs + exploding rear hinge bolts on impact
road use taxes based on day/time of travel
extensive use of photo radar ticketing
ridiculously low speed limits
gas taxes are nuts
exhaust note regs
and now this ISA crap

Basically everything they can do, chipping away a bit at a time, to limit the avg person from moving about independently and forcing those who do want their mobility into tiny, E vehicles.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
So I'm passing a car on a 2 lane road and it cuts the power and I go head on with a on coming car. Sounds fun:whistle:
Exactly! And that's why my 'Cat is safer on the roads around here than anything else I own.

And also why I hate the 118 mph limiter in the TRX. It sucks having to look down on the speedo to make sure I stay at 117 or less while the approaching vehicle is getting closer and closer.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
fill in the blank
there should be only one reason to speed,
get to the .................. store before it closes :)
Beer distributor, liquor store?

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
Exactly! And that's why my 'Cat is safer on the roads around here than anything else I own.

And also why I hate the 118 mph limiter in the TRX. It sucks having to look down on the speedo to make sure I stay at 117 or less while the approaching vehicle is getting closer and closer.
Jon can fix that for you:unsure:

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
Same stupid thing with the Demons because of tires

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Jon can fix that for you:unsure:
I'm still a bit hesitant about giving up the warranty.

Then again, warranty means very little when having to run off the road to avoid a collision.
Guess I should get in touch with Jon.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
I'm still a bit hesitant about giving up the warranty.

Then again, warranty means very little when having to run off the road to avoid a collision.
Guess I should get in touch with Jon.
I bought a 2013 mustang in August of 2012. I had a supercharger on it spring of 2013. You don't need no stinking warranty:LOL:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I bought a 2013 mustang in August of 2012. I had a supercharger on it spring of 2013. You don't need no stinking warranty:LOL:
Well, if you're willing to give up the warranty on a Furd, I should have nothing to fear with a Ram.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
All of Europe has become VERY anti-car - tons of insane requirements & restrictions:

pedestrian 'friendly' hood/grill specs + exploding rear hinge bolts on impact
road use taxes based on day/time of travel
extensive use of photo radar ticketing
ridiculously low speed limits
gas taxes are nuts
exhaust note regs
and now this ISA crap

Basically everything they can do, chipping away a bit at a time, to limit the avg person from moving about independently and forcing those who do want their mobility into tiny, E vehicles.
or public transportation...

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
I hope they keep that stupid shit in Europe. Probably some communist or one of those intelligent, serious and weird German scientist thought of all of this “technology”

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
As Autocar notes, ISA technology still isn’t perfect. During one test, the ISA system was occasionally “slow to respond” and at one point set the speed limit at 60 mph while driving through a quiet English village.

Why don't they implement technology that disables text, video, games, etc of cell phones while in a moving car. THAT would save some lives I think.
I've said that.for years, but people would shit themselves I'd they can't be on facetube behind the wheel. "And what about the poor.passengers? How could they possibly be able.to.ride In a car wo access.to a phone! Tyranny! Over throw the government!"

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@Jimmy N. ...you can change the speed limiter with Alpha OBD using a common MX+OBD device in minutes...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
@Jimmy N. ...you can change the speed limiter with Alpha OBD using a common MX+OBD device in minutes...
Hmm, if that's indeed true all I'd need is the bypass cable. Emailed the manufacturer of the most commonly used one about a year and a half ago (when I got the TRX), but still haven't heard back.

Guess it's time to buy from some other outfit.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I used the trunk mount bypass, have an extra one in the garage if you need it, make an offer.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I used the trunk mount bypass, have an extra one in the garage if you need it, make an offer.
Thanks. I need to edumacate myself on those things. Thought they went under the dash.