Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's going on with Car #7 (a semi-objective analysis)...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What? you're a peach! 😂

We really need to get out to lunch, then you'd learn the truth (and never want anything to do with me again).

:LOL:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
I saw Bull and thought "he must work out" 🤣

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We really need to get out to lunch, then you'd learn the truth (and never want anything to do with me again).

:LOL:
how is it you 2 are neighbors and haven't met:unsure:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I saw Bull and thought "he must work out" 🤣

Yeah, 35 years ago when there was nothing better to do on Okinawa...

: (

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
how is it you 2 are neighbors and haven't met:unsure:

See my post above regarding my implied assholeness.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
See my post above regarding my implied assholeness.
so it is your fault it has not happened. I would have stopped by if I still lived there if you liked it or not:)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Well...finally some info that seems credible....now as Paul Harvey use to say...Stay tuned for the rest of the story...;);)
Use to like listening to him.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Do I need to do more gluteus-maximus exercises?

:unsure:
‘That’s right call up some heavy hitting bros to get medieval on their ass with pipes and blow torches.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I heard some really distressing news about this car today. I hope it is not true. Not cancelled, but.............

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
I was told it's a long shot.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I was told it's a long shot.
I would agree with that assesment based on what I heard today. But I heard a descision was made and the car will now have a huge lowering of it's desirability for me. I guess maybe they can overcome this problem at the last minute or maybe the other things about the car will be so awesome I will still want one. But Geeze, it may S U C K.
I am not going to say much more because my phone was blowing up but I assume the source was a trusted one. They did not say........Lets just hope for a miracle. It can happen.

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I heard some really distressing news about this car today. I hope it is not true. Not cancelled, but.............
Doesn't matter, they will sell every one for too much. Since Tues, we can be certain there is a lot of stupid out there, and it will continue to grow.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I would agree with that assesment based on what I heard today. But I heard a descision was made and the car will now have a huge lowering of it's desirability for me. I guess maybe they can overcome this problem at the last minute or maybe the other things about the car will be so awesome I will still want one. But Geeze, it may S U C K.
I am not going to say much more because my phone was blowing up but I assume the source was a trusted one. They did not say........Lets just hope for a miracle. It can happen.
You are suppose to say what you heard here. I already said weeks ago it doesn't sound like it will happen. If car 7 comes out with just a little more hp basically it didn't happen being the expectations are big

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Ok I have done a lot of work on this topic. Mainly because I want one (at a great price). I've called and emailed over 150 dealers at night and over the past couple of weekends. Some basics many already know...

1. Only the top 500 Dodge dealerships (based on 2021 overall sales) will get ANY of the 6 SE Last Call cars.
2. All of these are limited in production ranging between 300-1000 units that will get built.
3. Pricing is going for well over MSRP with one of the Black Ghosts purported going for +200K over MSRP according to a guy I talked to at a California dealership. (I doubt this, but +100K I would believe especially out there.)

OK, that's great but what about the elusive Car #7? Well, we have heard from many sources it's currently experiencing production and mechanical delays. The issues range from EPA emissions, and transmission problems, to complications with the lightweight carbon fiber wheels. Whatever it is, we still don't have a release date or much else to go on. A few dealers have said that it will be a 909HP car with a bigger blower and a smaller pulley that runs on E85.

Again, all well and good, but what's next? From recent information from DodgeGarage it has been uncovered that the top 200 sales dealers will get 12 (of the 1-6 SE cars) while the top 201-300 dealers will get 10 SEs and the remaining 301-500 dealers will get 6.

Ok, this next part is conjecture but it fits with some of the other rumors suggesting that 300 SE 7 cars will be made. If that holds true it's likely all 300 top dealers will get 1 each. It's also possible that 500 cars get built where the top 200 dealers get 2 #7 cars each while dealers 201-300 get one. I have repeatedly been told that NONE of the 301-500 dealers will see any 700HP+ cars, which means no 7 cars for them.

Now, after communicating with every Power Broker (96) and a bunch more in the top 200 (thanks Horsepower locater for making those dealers known), these guys are going to GUT anyone who wants ANY of the SE cars. I am also convinced that the few that comprehend a 7th may be coming will be extra severe on ADM. With only 300-500 likely to be built, this is surprising to no one (especially Stellantis).

So let's roll through what pricing COULD look like in the coming months IF Dodge builds this unicorn 7 car.

I will base my market and math on how the Demon landscape looked exactly 5 years ago. I was knee-deep in that acquisition process as well.

With 3312 cars ultimately built, ADMs were still rampant. Could you find an MSRP Demon? Yep. Was it common? Nope. That was especially true as we got into calendar year 2018 when the Demon Hype Machine was in overdrive.

This is a wag, but for sh*ts and grins, I am going to say that 1/6 of the 3312 cars were purchased at MSRP (90k) and another 1/6 were at 50K over. The tails of the distribution if you will. The remaining 2/3 (or middle) of that distribution was somewhere between +5K to 25K, I'd guestimate. If you add all of this up it means that the Avg Demon in 2018 was bought for ~ ~+-105K (avg ADM15k). That number is probably close and remember that's for a production run that included 3312 units...

And, the rough top-end market value that 1st year was probably 50% above that....~150-160K...(e.g Ebay, National Auctions, etc).

So if we draw parallels to this 7 car....at 10-15% of that production (300-500)...I do NOT think it's crazy to think the average 15K markup will be 8-10X that of the Demon due to microscopic supply added to the reality that this is the end of HP ICE! No, I'm not smoking crack...I've heard some of these guys already and the car doesn't even exist...

So if this is a 125K MSRP car, it might (on average) take another 75-125K+ to get one...IF you can convince the dealer owners to NOT buy it for themselves (another trend I kept hearing over and over)... So maybe 225K+ out the door?

What about secondary market value? If we apply the Demon 50% factor we saw in year one, then that would get you to ~300-350K (Think Barret Jackson or high-end BAT premium).

Insane? Yes. Impossible to fathom. Hardly...

Break out the popcorn!
I could not care less.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #156
My guess is it has an electric blower. I don't think Dragrcr is a fan of that tech.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #157

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
I could not care less.
I'm in the same boat. Don't get me wrong ... I absolutely love my MOPARs but at 200K+ I would be buying a Z06 or Turbo S.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #159
Are there any OEMs today that use an electric supercharger? I thought I heard Audi uses one but not sure. :unsure:
I guess one advantage of going this route could be that it doesn't use a power-robbing belt/pulley system. Additional rationale for such a move could be that it represents a token "bridge" engineering shift towards the full EV future Dodge has clearly embraced...

Last edited:

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Are there any OEMs today that use an electric supercharger? I thought I heard Audi uses one but not sure. :unsure:
I guess one advantage of going this route could be that it doesn't use a power-robbing belt/pulley system. Additional rationale for such a move could be that it represents a token "bridge" engineering shift towards the full EV future Dodge has clearly embraced...
I am do disgusted at the entire EV thing that I would rather see a 12hp Briggs&Stratton on the SC!