Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What really is "STOCK"????

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You cheater you!

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
What is stock? Depends on the context. Like Jim said earlier, folks have throttled him for claiming stock power over a seat pull , wheel or tire change and said he's not stock. Yet alot of these same folks won't bat an eye at a car that claims a stock blower when the blower was ported and pulley swapped.

This double standard is aggravated by all the little cliques that run around on the internet sprinkled in with the haters. I've been in that game longer than most and in the end, it almost never seems to matter how close to showroom you are. You can't placate all the detractors.

The amazing thing is how close some of these near stock cars can run to their fully modified counterparts. I think that really scares some folks and gins up the drama even more.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My flip flops are about as stock ad it can beeze. Don't rightly know. Look at NASCAR. Stock. Kinda started out that way. Maybe day 1, but the oil, gas, tires, names, shoot me in the ass with a stick dip me oil where it came from?? Watching these You Snoob and other videos of stock Demons and GT 500s and Black and Red Eyed vs Gt 500s coming to the line. Ripping stuff off the cars, looking at the tires, taping off and or adding air intakes. Videos are a scam. 550 lb grouper and my penis weighs 46 lb,,,, but that is true. Ask my pen a ol oist. She will tell ya with her 16" biceps. Nothing to be held the truth over video, ass ept my pee na olgist report to The Washington Mostly Lies. Monica woodly know after a mouth full from Ell Presendently Clinton. Not the real one, but the one that plays one at home with Billy in a dress. She more than likely see a urologist more than he does. Video crap is aplce for these wans a bees to make a nickle not even a dime. I do appreciate the guy that shows is knowledge on this site. If I had to supera fly shoot sum with the rifle,, I wood let him slide with my stock salt sup a fly rifle. Stock on here is about as stock as Snatch car and Thomas Wee Wee on the boat. Right. Take a look at that and do a Mass Ind Dick and don't chum up.Dale Jr's car rated at 650 hp makes me laugh like Dale Sr driving the Super Bee. Now that was a blast. Waitin for the Space Shuttle and another Stock Gov Schart zager to beam me up Scot ress. Finish my educational night watching a comic show, and educational, Ghost Miss Dentures.

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 B5 Blue Challenger Hellcat Redeye
I thought it was a liquid made from boiled beef or chicken bones, meat, celery, onion, and carrots; used to make delicious stews, soups, gravy and other tasty vittles. ;)

Or is it?

240CD36E-D28A-4948-B807-0A02A51D27CA.jpeg
I’m sure both are fun to run, so pick your poison.

And a little something for the ladies in the forum....
ADC42BB3-FE05-4B76-B0CD-42A196C71F25.jpeg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
As fer the to two above the two. I wouldn't throw either one out of the ice cream line. Do sum people never got to bed around here?? I wood but I don't have a bed. been taken over from me numerous times. Been told I know how to use it way too well. They tell me it is like a hand tool to some guys, butts to me it is a formula to a secrets spell to keep someone rolling, moving, and grooving for hours. Like that song from Heart,, Magic Hands, but with otta body par tays. I never asked, but I got the message. could it have anything to do with those little,,, ahh no. Silly me. But those company D gals know a few trances them selves. I got a dancing pole given and install to me a few years back so companies would feel at work and moe comfy. I don't know about comfy, but looks like at the gym to me. Then I bought a money machine and then a sl-t machine. Just to feel like. Home. No damn diapers in the bath room and tape of a crying baby. Hell no. Maybe a crying me. I got a Mirena and Kyleena dispenser good for 5 years then they are out the door any way. I have a part time door man to check ID's and picture face matching machine. Can't be here more than 2 times a week. Got a bathroom attendant for dispensing mineral water and fresh towels and of course a siemens a female privates splash ground mounted splash machine with flavored waters. Minty to smoke flavored even though we are strictly a non smoking establishment. Only smoke would be coming from the lox next to the capers and cole slaw made daily. Girls have their own frockeling pool to play as liking with an over head observation room for safety reasons only. Can't be too safe. Then for beverages, have to have a pro tender on hand, bi sexual of course, if you get locked in the locker room. This gal should be doubled jointed in case of multiple beverages at one time with finely defined breasts and solid so no spilage as to keep liquor inventory in check especially with the Don Perry champagne. Cameras,, yes,, butt not in the ladies special bath room. Locker room, yes, private room no. No cameras in the men's room. That is just gross. Parking is private with 25 hour security and 2 hour minimum for wash and interior splash of basket ball scent for home life alibies and a McDonald's wrapper and 2 spring water bottles with children's cics strown on the floor. Electrician and sound man to wire recorders to listen to what wifie has to say once entering the vehicle to check for " what's up for 4 hours". More important in case 2 divorce attorneys on hand in case of getting the wrong vibe from one of the staff. This can be done by a special insurance policy that can be purchased separately do to the severalty of #s of individuals involved. Children, mother in laws, brother in laws, that have to be taken fishing quickly and to the point, sister in law that is married and has to be taken out on a date with the door man and a photographer, and a part time maid that has special trades with a small recorder for future low blows towards client.

If I have missed a special request, please look at chapter 23 and or 666 for special pricing. The I
ndex should explain most very private issues. Cars, boats, islands, hospital stays, private doctors for by case over dose on blue pills, and say good by jewelry.
Reservations are done on private lines thru Rock, Bull, El Del Ri co la, Hunter, or others whom have their own traits and or specialties. Me, myself, and I will be on vacation till they let me out of jail.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
My flip flops are about as stock ad it can beeze. Don't rightly know. Look at NASCAR. Stock. Kinda started out that way. Maybe day 1, but the oil, gas, tires, names, shoot me in the ass with a stick dip me oil where it came from?? Watching these You Snoob and other videos of stock Demons and GT 500s and Black and Red Eyed vs Gt 500s coming to the line. Ripping stuff off the cars, looking at the tires, taping off and or adding air intakes. Videos are a scam. 550 lb grouper and my penis weighs 46 lb,,,, but that is true. Ask my pen a ol oist. She will tell ya with her 16" biceps. Nothing to be held the truth over video, ass ept my pee na olgist report to The Washington Mostly Lies. Monica woodly know after a mouth full from Ell Presendently Clinton. Not the real one, but the one that plays one at home with Billy in a dress. She more than likely see a urologist more than he does. Video crap is aplce for these wans a bees to make a nickle not even a dime. I do appreciate the guy that shows is knowledge on this site. If I had to supera fly shoot sum with the rifle,, I wood let him slide with my stock salt sup a fly rifle. Stock on here is about as stock as Snatch car and Thomas Wee Wee on the boat. Right. Take a look at that and do a Mass Ind Dick and don't chum up.Dale Jr's car rated at 650 hp makes me laugh like Dale Sr driving the Super Bee. Now that was a blast. Waitin for the Space Shuttle and another Stock Gov Schart zager to beam me up Scot ress. Finish my educational night watching a comic show, and educational, Ghost Miss Dentures.

I found you Hickster

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Hellcat Cuda s statement said it all.
What the hell? If there were such a class like "as factory manufactured",
We got to see that "Great Race" in the other thread;)

From the point of going forward with added parts and Tunes most "records" were according to those results. Letting people know what could be done to their Hellcats and what ET could be had.

Like Blower only meant that NOS wasnt used and it was also showing the stock limits.

No Pulley Tune vs Trans Tune only.
Really gets down to the $$$ spent.

E85 vs Race fuel it's a preference.

Dragpak vs Hellcat vs Challenger

At the end of the day the Fastest are Highly modified Challengers.
Those Modified Hemis help all of us bringing parts and Tuning developments to market that want to go Quicker or Faster.

Back in 2015 I enjoyed my time at the track 3Xs a week for T&T and R&D with my husband John /Top Cat and Josh@ HighHorse Performance.
John loved the R&D and had goals. He would post all of the news from the track to let everyone know what was working and what wasn't.

Certainly many changes between Speedshops Tuners and Dodge themselves have come along way. Going faster and how we get there the methods really are a preference to what you are willing to do. Some people want easy and less complicated and others like the challenge and change.
Those that want to enter a dragrace usually have to do something because an ET is the goal.

Those that want to be the Fastest will have to change just about everything.

The race series attended will get down to their rules of what they think is stock or levels of modifications.

I think it is always Fantastic for anyone to get a New PB or reach their goals no matter what they have done to their Hellcats.

Linda :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I thought it was a liquid made from boiled beef or chicken bones, meat, celery, onion, and carrots; used to make delicious stews, soups, gravy and other tasty vittles. ;)

Or is it?

View attachment 11958
I’m sure both are fun to run, so pick your poison.

And a little something for the ladies in the forum....
View attachment 11959
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Modded is like an erection...when your modded..you know it..and depending on how modded..other people will know...when your stock...no one can tell

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You can claim bone stock class but those that hardcore into it will still find things.

Pull the heads off the engine or rebuild it slightly better than stock.
Work on tolerances at the brakes, axles etc so the car rolls with the least amount of friction.

I bought an engine from a guy who used to race stock. He was telling me a few of the things he used to do that could technically be "cheating" but you couldn't prove it. Ported the heads slightly but then sand blasted them to make it look like their were cast that way. (dont fully recall his methods)

People arguing over seats being pulled LOL

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
You can claim bone stock class but those that hardcore into it will still find things.

Pull the heads off the engine or rebuild it slightly better than stock.
Work on tolerances at the brakes, axles etc so the car rolls with the least amount of friction.

I bought an engine from a guy who used to race stock. He was telling me a few of the things he used to do that could technically be "cheating" but you couldn't prove it. Ported the heads slightly but then sand blasted them to make it look like their were cast that way. (dont fully recall his methods)

People arguing over seats being pulled LOL
We used Brzezinski for covert head work on classes that had a "stock cyl head" rule. ;) No one could see the tricks on those heads.

On "Crate" engine classes, there was a LOT of cheating. Someone at GM snuck out a bunch of break-off sealed bolts. If you knew the right people you could open your crate motor up, stuff in a lightweight crank and reseal it with the factory sealed bolts. There are companies that make upgraded beehive valvesprings that look super close to the factory pieces of crap but wouldn't float on you when squeezing RPM outta the thing. Lot's of guys started using roller bearings in areas to decrease friction and running lightweight driveline components. Want to make a magnet stick to aluminum? Paint it with a bunch of metal shavings from your local brake lathe mixed in the paint. :) Trimming water pump impellers.Lighter oil pump springs. Man, the list is long.

No one will ever stop it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
No one will ever stop it.
Not if someone wants it bad enough. This is why it is comical that they are bitching about seats being pulled or different tires (which are consumable so i don't understand this at all)

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I love how this thread turned into a how to be a "better cheater" thread.

Even if you set tolerances for pinion preload drag, or cam lift/duration, or measured weight of sound deadener and seam sealer - some dingbat is going to accept the challenge and still pull his head lamp bulbs because you didn't tell him he couldn't.

The production Demon record was broken, great. Who cares? Moving on.

Hey, I hear they are building a Charger RE and a bunch of new HC powered things... I am excited for a moment again.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Personally, I don't cheat. Just me. I think part of the problem is folks no longer are taken aback, or even say anything at all, when it is discovered. If there is no legal or social consequences for it, why would we expect anyone not to do it? For me, it's not worth the bother and my own personal code matters to me.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
To me stock is an unmodified motor, original exhaust and fuel system. If you want to run me stock for stock, I won’t run it without sticky tires. Your choice is to run me or get some tires of your own and I am not telling you what rear gear I have.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, how can you say you're stock if you've swapped gears? I think "stock" means as it came from the factory and sat at the dealership. I'm not stock since I have wider wheels and non-OEM tires. Just say mildly modded or whatever. Where people get all worked up is they have different definitions of the same word (in this case, "stock") and assume everyone has the same as them. So, when the other side gets worked up or finds out there are things that don't meet their particular definition well then the other guy obviously is cheating. I deal with this all the time in mediation cases. Words, and definitions, matter.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Even if you set tolerances for pinion preload drag, or cam lift/duration, or measured weight of sound deadener and seam sealer - some dingbat is going to accept the challenge and still pull his head lamp bulbs because you didn't tell him he couldn't.

Hey, I hear they are building a Charger RE and a bunch of new HC powered things... I am excited for a moment again.
Just pointing out that if they start putting money up for the "fastest stock demon" that car will be in the 9.30s or 20s and people will be scratching their heads as to how.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'"

The only way to prevent it is to pass out cars at the staging lanes and take them back when they pull off the track. And even while typing that out, I just had to admit to myself even that wouldn't guarantee a level playing field lol. Like I said, a lot of smart and creative people...
That sounds like the old IROC series racing. Boring in my opinion. I'd rather have "cheating".

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

What do you expect? We all own cars from the company that developed the flagship for being a "better cheater" when they developed the winged cars of 1969 and 1970 with the Charger Daytona and Plymouth Superbird. Banned by NASCAR for being unfair to everyone else. :p

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That sounds like the old IROC series racing. Boring in my opinion. I'd rather have "cheating".
Nah, it's a true test of the driver's skill.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
That wasn't the intent. Just highlighting how slick that people can be when they're trying to gain an edge and that it's just reality. It's natural to be competitive when participating in motorsport, and competitive people tend to be creative.

Nothing more.