Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What is your favorite Challenger Hellcat exhaust brand?

What is your favorite Challenger Hellcat exhaust brand?

• Magnaflow

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • PYPES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gibson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Brand (Please List)

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I believe I missed that.

@Hpindy

Where?
Project Demons breath

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
True, and why I've yet to install a CAI, although HPINDY had some interesting results with an LMI at the track last weekend if you haven't seen that.
One could say the same about a CAI for these cars too. Little to no performance gain and louder blower whine but people love them.
On the exhaust I do like the stock a lot, better than the stock was on my Scat. I just want it a little louder and the Vibrants seem to do that without too much drone. I am leaving the resonators on. This is where the trade off is for me personally, the cost is not that much (just over 100 bucks for the pair of Vibrants) to get a little louder without performance that is okay at this cost. Now, no way you will find me spending over a grand for the Borla kit just for sound. :ROFLMAO:

With regards to the LMI and other supposed CAI's .. while I love the sound, the trade off is almost not worth it based on cost (over 400 bucks) and also based on the fact I've seen people actually get higher IAT's with some aftermarket intakes, and on a stock car (no tune or other mods) the performance gain is little to none. Hpindy got some interesting results and had a good thread very informative.. however look at the mods on his car, it is not stock. I think the aftermarket CAI's come more into play with modded cars and get more benefit being a supporting mod.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
On the exhaust I do like the stock a lot, better than the stock was on my Scat. I just want it a little louder and the Vibrants seem to do that without too much drone. I am leaving the resonators on. This is where the trade off is for me personally, the cost is not that much (just over 100 bucks for the pair of Vibrants) to get a little louder without performance that is okay at this cost. Now, no way you will find me spending over a grand for the Borla kit just for sound.

With regards to the LMI and other supposed CAI's .. while I love the sound, the trade off is almost not worth it based on cost (over 400 bucks) and also based on the fact I've seen people actually get higher IAT's with some aftermarket intakes, and on a stock car (no tune or other mods) the performance gain is little to none. Hpindy got some interesting results and had a good thread very informative.. however look at the mods on his car, it is not stock. I think the aftermarket CAI's come more into play with modded cars and get more benefit being a supporting mod.
I agree with everything you said. . The key word is STOCK . At what point is a aftermarket CAI beneficial will be different for every build and I have no idea where that line is . My car is definitely not stock but what's interesting is I have a lot of "stock" parts from other cars . ( demon , viper, modified stock part, etc)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I agree with everything you said. . The key word is STOCK . At what point is a aftermarket CAI beneficial will be different for every build and I have no idea where that line is . My car is definitely not stock but what's interesting is I have a lot of "stock" parts from other cars . ( demon , viper, modified stock part, etc)

(y)
I followed a similar approach with my Scat Pack to a smaller degree but added some Hellcat parts. The OEM Hellcat intake I really liked how it dropped the IAT's on my Scat by 7-10 degrees. Not a huge performance gain but definitely helped get colder air to the 392.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
Resonator delete. However, when I get the time I believe I will have Corsa Extreme put on. Just my opinion but that's the one I like the best.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Resonator delete. However, when I get the time I believe I will have Corsa Extreme put on. Just my opinion but that's the one I like the best.
Exactly. Your money, your car, your ears . I have things done to my car that people scoffed at but I don't care . It's my car. I will have a flowmaster system eventually.

Last edited:

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
On the exhaust I do like the stock a lot, better than the stock was on my Scat. I just want it a little louder and the Vibrants seem to do that without too much drone. I am leaving the resonators on. This is where the trade off is for me personally, the cost is not that much (just over 100 bucks for the pair of Vibrants) to get a little louder without performance that is okay at this cost. Now, no way you will find me spending over a grand for the Borla kit just for sound. :ROFLMAO:

I just want to clarify that IATs are NOT higher with the CAIs available. The ONLY time they can be higher is idling in traffic however they also cool down MUCH faster than the stock air box. In the end as long as you're moving which is really all that matters, IATs will be lower with a CAI than a stock box.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just want to clarify that IATs are NOT higher with the CAIs available. The ONLY time they can be higher is idling in traffic however they also cool down MUCH faster than the stock air box. In the end as long as you're moving which is really all that matters, IATs will be lower with a CAI than a stock box.
I am just going off what I have seen happen to other people, and from my own experience in other performance vehicles the gains were not what the companies claimed. When I say higher IAT I meant in similar driving conditions so idling stock in traffic vs idling aftermarket CAI in traffic. Ok so maybe said CAI has a 1-2 degree difference below stock intake.. IMO not worth the 400 extra bucks. When you read some of the supposed "gains" these companies claim on their website If you claim your intake can show gains between 15-20RWHP on a stock car without modification then that means I put it on my car that is what I get. If other people get results they like and see gains hey that is great more power to ya. For me I don't think they are worth it unless there are other modifications done with them. That is just my opinion.(y) We kinda got off topic here too so I will shut up now.. back to exhaust :LOL:

Last edited:

PurpleCat16

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Borla S

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
OE Mopar. Not a fan of obnoxious, loud exhaust. No reason for it. Seems the point is so that others can hear your engine. Maybe they don't want to! Enjoy what you hear inside the car, and let others decide what they want to hear. My 2cts

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I had mid muff delete with flowmaster 40’s on the back of my 16 charger RT and it sounded really good. Nice deep tone that pisses off the neighbors, but for the HC I like the stock sound

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
For whatever reason, my '18's exhaust is much louder than that on my girlfriend's Redeye, and it has more blower whine.
She can probably dial her exhaust up a bit with the settings, but I can't make mine quieter.

If it was any louder, I wouldn't like taking long drives with mine.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I did the rear muffler delete but other than that I like the stock exhaust.