Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What is wrong with people these days

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Ha...285/Atlanta. What a shithole. I'm glad I'll never drive that place ever again. Best part of Atlanta?

Seeing it in your rearview mirror. 😜😂

85% of my BIG trk driving is in California, which is 55mph statewide for truck or any trailered vehicle, but max non-truck is 70, which translates to 80+ easy.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Holly crapola I just realized if @VARedEye races me in my GT500 He has a guaranteed win past 160:eek: since the GT shuts down and damn I have already come close to that speed racing in my Charger View attachment 20592
Hellcat will blow past 160 in no time. On the fly at 60, in about a 1/2 mile that thing is toast.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Exactly. I give elderly people a pass. But I'm seeing young zombies everywhere just out looking for brains to eat because theirs were obviously eaten by other zombies. I actually went out and had a train air horn installed on my pickup. Oh the joy that courses through my veins when a zombie on a cell phone with their window down stopping for no reason jumps clear out of their seat when I let them know a train is coming...pure joy.
I think I'm turning redneck...
I LOVE it, I have one, but no where to mount it. So I bought a new bumper that I have to build and I'm going to install it there. Can't wait!!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I LOVE it, I have one, but no where to mount it. So I bought a new bumper that I have to build and I'm going to install it there. Can't wait!!
There was room for the horns behind my grille. Compressor under the hood mounted to a fender cross brace. Tank in the rear mounted next to a frame rail. 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hey @Slowpoke387 how many miles did you have on your Hellcat you sold?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
This thread has perfect timing except that I'm noticing the opposite. Every idiot on the road is driving exactly at the speed limit, they refuse to go around someone turning left and just sit there and make the rest of us miss the light, and when they turn off of the main road they basically stop first.They drive like programmed zombies here. Effn annoying.
I think it's the people with " Don't mess with my discount" insurance. They got the tracker plugged in to there obd port. My buddies girlfriend had them tracking her phone. When they called her and asked why she was going 157mph on I/94? Her answer." I was in boyfriends buddies Hellcat, I thought he went 160" Now she has it plugged into her Focus. I told Ma the other day I want to print a bumper sticker that says "Phuck Your Discount
Stay In The Right Lane"
I think they cause more accidents because of frustration from the people stuck behind their slow A$$ES.

Last edited:

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Ha...285/Atlanta. What a shithole. I'm glad I'll never drive that place ever again. Best part of Atlanta?

Seeing it in your rearview mirror. 😜😂

85% of my BIG trk driving is in California, which is 55mph statewide for truck or any trailered vehicle, but max non-truck is 70, which translates to 80+ easy.
I just got back from LA on vacation yesterday....They can't drive on uncrowded roads.... Drive fast slam on the hooks.....cutting across 3 lanes to exit, everyone is trying the same thing so you get 3 phucked up lanes 1/4 mile before the exit..WTF. Talk about seeing a $hithole in the Mirror. Once I got on I/40 I cranked up Vin Diesel to 90 until lunch at Westside Lilo's on 66 in Seligman AZ. You couldn't pay me enough to drive Truck in CA. Some of the O/O where stretching their legs on I/40.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just got back from LA on vacation yesterday....They can't drive on uncrowded roads.... Drive fast slam on the hooks.....cutting across 3 lanes to exit, everyone is trying the same thing so you get 3 phucked up lanes 1/4 mile before the exit..WTF. Talk about seeing a $hithole in the Mirror. Once I got on I/40 I cranked up Vin Diesel to 90 until lunch at Westside Lilo's on 66 in Seligman AZ.
Welcome to my world called the Washington DC metro beltway.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
They are products of their society. YOU

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
i drive like im on my vmax, i stay away from the herd the best i can, im not popular with the herd especially when they try to keep me boxed in. I just need a small opening and its twist the throttle or hit the gas on the hellcat and im gone. lol

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
i drive like im on my vmax, i stay away from the herd the best i can, im not popular with the herd especially when they try to keep me boxed in. I just need a small opening and its twist the throttle or hit the gas on the hellcat and im gone. lol
I agree,stay away from the herd. I have to warn Ma before I "twist" she says before " you do anything stupid" in the Cat. Even in a VW diesel I only got passed 3 times when not in a metro area from LA to Chi. I don't mind the front door over 90mph. Shake them trees.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Welcome to my world called the Washington DC metro beltway.
You can "sneak" up or down 95/495 between 1a-4a if trying to get thru. LA is non stop 24hrs. I5 from the Grapevine to Weeds is hit n miss. California rules...no yielding and apparently they have a statewide blinker fluid shortage. 😂

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
1596144362904.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
2 shae. Clearwater/ St Pete is about all I can handle. Us 19 at 7:30 pm is the best it gets. 130- 140 is about it with the jammer on. Just no where to go to let her go. Use to say that about the gals, but that has dried up. Show your car off at the beach/// may as well sit in a barking lot. Can't get out of 3rd gear around here. Looking for that place to relocate for 6 months and get der hell out of here. Getting worse. Tear down a brand new building to build a new one. Moe people. Stack em Joe.

OP
Plasticman

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
Thread Starter #37
I think it's the people with " Don't mess with my discount" insurance. They got the tracker plugged in to there obd port. My buddies girlfriend had them tracking her phone. When they called her and asked why she was going 157mph on I/94? Her answer." I was in boyfriends buddies Hellcat, I thought he went 160" Now she has it plugged into her Focus. I told Ma the other day I want to print a bumper sticker that says "Phuck Your Discount
Stay In The Right Lane"
I think they cause more accidents because of frustration from the people stuck behind their slow A$$ES.
The state of Alabama passed a law last year making it illegal to take more than 1.5 miles blocking the left lane while passing another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
In CA it is (or used to be) illegal to hold up more than five vehicles.
And then there's real life.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The state of Alabama passed a law last year making it illegal to take more than 1.5 miles blocking the left lane while passing another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
In CA it is (or used to be) illegal to hold up more than five vehicles.
And then there's real life.
These stupid ass laws are never enforced. I can personally share a really bad story of VA laws. About 4 years ago VA passed a law you have to move over from the left lane no matter what. Meaning if your doing the posted speed limit and a speeder comes up on you then you have to move to the right lane. If your in the left lane not doing the speed limit for an extended period of time and others are being held up you are ticketed. Yeah uh huh what cop pulls over a under the speed limit person? So my sad story which I have shared before is I was in a pack of a good 8-10 cars and the last one in the pack on a 2 lane hwy. Miles and miles of under the speed limit by 10 mph and this happened right after I had buried my father in law and my brain was mush. To the point I was in my Ford Raptor truck and saw an undercover cop come up behind me. And now of course he’s on my tail for miles and miles following the whole pack doing 10 mph less than the posted 70 mph limit. Eventually we get a up hill grade and it goes to three lanes and the truckers move far right so the middle lane opens up. And yep all the front cars bust out hauling ass to get around the ass hole holding everyone up in the left lane. So I punch her and blast out right and haul ass forgetting the cop was on my tail and sure enough the blue lights come on and pull me over for doing over 90 mph yikes. Cop writes me up for doing 88 and in va your screwed since this is now a reckless driving charge and class 1 misdemeanor Crimminal conviction charge. WTF and what a scam beyond scam why didn’t the cop go after the a hole in the front pack going under the speed limit? Because he knows it goes to court and the judge will hear The pity story and not much there for fines and convictions. Now me oh yeah huge fines, convictions and the cop looks like super duper cop for catching a guy doing big speeds. While IMO IM JUST TRYING TO beat the gap as fast as possible to get the hell away from the a hole before I have to ride miles More behind the slowpoke. There is a lot more to this story but yeah my point is good luck on your state police enforcing these laws since they know they will get the aggravated drivers like me doing crazy speed and or stupid passing to get away from these problem drivers.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Years ago, before I decided to only use the right two lanes, I'd been stuck behind a car in the left lane for a few miles in my '76 GMC Crew Cab.
Sure enough, a cop came in behind me - from an on ramp, no, doubt, and I had really been concentrating on the car in front of me.
Anyway, he said "Normally I'd call that tailgating, but that was pushing".