Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Too bad...my grandfathers brother never wanted to leave the old country either...BTW..my Triumphs on the HC are 9 spokes...while I was switching to power stop pads..I had the wheels professionally ceramic coated...OMG what a difference..now..just air up the compressor hit em with 150 psi..nothing sticks..Im done cleaning the wheels in 5 min..instead of an hour every time I take it out..and :):):):):)no more bloody hands...
Yep. Those nuts will shread your hands.
Got a couple good brushes for that though.
Got the power stop pads, just got to put them on.
Next time I pull the wheels for the inner barrel cleaning.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep. Those nuts will spread your hands.
Got a couple good brushes for that though.
Got the power stop pads, just got to put them on.
Next time I pull the wheels for the inner barrel cleaning.
I got those too...very fine flat artists brushes...super soft..and kinda pricey...the ceramic coating..is like Teflon on a frying pan..the dust just doesn't stick...

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
Washed it!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
RE-TORQUED ALL BLOWER BOLTS.
My cars got 1051 miles on it, that's it. All I can say is I re-torqued all 31 bolts (21 T-30 torx heads and 10 10MM hex heads). Except the top 5 bolts (the long T30 bolts) at the very top of the blower....ALL MOVED. The smaller T30 torx moved about 1/16 to 3/16 of an inch. The larger 10MM main bolts moved a 3/4 turn or more! The T-30's get torqued to 7ft l.bs, the 10MM hex bolts get torqued 22ft l.bs. It's really not that big a deal to do it. The factory tower strut that runs under the plastic windshield wiper cover needs to be removed to access the rear bolts, but it's 4 bolts a few push pins and some wire harness clips, a windshield washer motor grommet and it's out. I was shocked at how much the bolt's moved honestly. I have read and seen posts of guys who have said they experienced blow-by (@Paladin06 being one I believe) with factory blowers and gaskets. Maybe this is the reason. All I can say is two things: Look into it, and do it.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
My cars got 1051 miles on it, that's it. All I can say is I re-torqued all 31 bolts (21 T-30 torx heads and 10 10MM hex heads). Except the top 5 bolts (the long T30 bolts) at the very top of the blower....ALL MOVED. The smaller T30 torx moved about 1/16 to 3/16 of an inch. The larger 10MM main bolts moved a 3/4 turn or more! The T-30's get torqued to 7ft l.bs, the 10MM hex bolts get torqued 22ft l.bs. It's really not that big a deal to do it. The factory tower strut that runs under the plastic windshield wiper cover needs to be removed to access the rear bolts, but it's 4 bolts a few push pins and some wire harness clips, a windshield washer motor grommet and it's out. I was shocked at how much the bolt's moved honestly. I have read and seen posts of guys who have said they experienced blow-by (@Paladin06 being one I believe) with factory blowers and gaskets. Maybe this is the reason. All I can say is two things: Look into it, and do it.
Blow by occurs when the OEM intake/sc gasket fails, at the oil galley port. This particular part of the gasket is unsupported by the gaskets metal structure, and is only a thin membrane that breaks down under psi, heat and oil.

This has been an issue, with this design, since 2006, at the inception of the 6.1 engine.

Right now, the permanent fix is either the blower spacer kit, or the Thermalnator gasket set. In other words, to get rid of a poorly designed component, or plan on replacing it, in the future.

Bob

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I'll check mine this weekend and report back. Thanks for the headsup!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Took that damn plate off that covers the air filter. Big difference. Where is the cabin air filter?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Took that damn plate off that covers the air filter. Big difference. Where is the cabin air filter?
Lift hood.
Back by firewall on passenger side.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thank you. Youz guys ever sleep??

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'll check mine this weekend and report back. Thanks for the headsup!
Here's some pics and some specs from "that other site". You should have a small inch pounds/ newton meter 1/4" drive torque wrench for the 7ft. lb. torx head bolts to be more accurate, and a 3/8" drive for the 22ft. lb. bolts. Basically you do all small T30 torx heads first to 7 l.bs, in sequence,(on top of the blower and around the perimeter 21X) then go up and down the sides, in sequence, for the 10 main bolts to 22 l.bs. (10X).
P.S. Your going to be swapping long and short sockets of the same size to get to the rear bolts. This all is easier than it may look.

Attachments

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Damn! Glad they just bolted on a new one for me last month!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Took some pics of my girl with another girl. She didn't seem to mind.

Attachments

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Removed all blaring, blinking, loud, obnoxious, and foolish looking interior warning stickers (5 total). Oh well, now no-one will ever know to not to glue themselves to the dashboard because in case of accident an exploding bag is going to come out of it like a grenade. They will also not know to not put a baby seat where there is no seat or anchor points, letting it bounce freely around inside the vehicle at every bump and turn. And that reckless action could damage the interior of car. Now I will have to inform other occupants before every ride. Good thing they also didn't have a "no removal" warning label" like the blankets and pillows or I could not have done it.
P.S. I needed a 1000 gigawatt LED spot light to get visible pics of the dark interior and under this light if you look closely you can see some evidence of said previous stickers at certain spots. Could care less those things were butt ugly and drove me crazy.

Attachments

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Put on a catch can and breather. YAWWWWN, I know. But wait.... there's more. Lol. First, I will say the UPR is more money but it is quality all the way and extremely well made. And I'm not easy to impress. BUT, it's not all rosy. Lines did not fit to my liking, were too bulky, and WAY overkill, so I used 1/2" fuel line and cut to EXACT length and raised the valve cover side with a 1/2" elbow to be perfectly square and level with fitting so now all quick disconnects disconnect with one two finger squeeze and pull..no binding.
ALSO, I could never figure out how guys were running "breathers" and not screwing up the PCV flow path. I kept saying "It's gonna pull atmosphere air from the breather not the crankcase". Then I went to UPR's website and saw it's really a BLOWOFF valve with a one way check ball. That's when I said "Ohhh" then..."Dohhh!" Also, super high quality piece.

Attachments

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Took some pics of my girl with another girl. She didn't seem to mind.
Love it!! Looks great!!

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Finally got the Cat out for run, gave her a bath, changed the oil, removed the clutch delay valve, and my daughter and I installed my new Barton shifter. The difference was night and day - I love the new feel when driving and banging gears... I feel sorry for all you auto guys who are missing that experience!
Now I am ready To make some runs down the dragstrip this weekend - looking to improve my times.

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
stared at it:oops::oops:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Removed all blaring, blinking, loud, obnoxious, and foolish looking interior warning stickers (5 total). Oh well, now no-one will ever know to not to glue themselves to the dashboard because in case of accident an exploding bag is going to come out of it like a grenade. They will also not know to not put a baby seat where there is no seat or anchor points, letting it bounce freely around inside the vehicle at every bump and turn. And that reckless action could damage the interior of car. Now I will have to inform other occupants before every ride. Good thing they also didn't have a "no removal" warning label" like the blankets and pillows or I could not have done it.
P.S. I needed a 1000 gigawatt LED spot light to get visible pics of the dark interior and under this light if you look closely you can see some evidence of said previous stickers at certain spots. Could care less those things were butt ugly and drove me crazy.
I'd love a "how-to" on that, if you have one. Those labels seem pretty stuck

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

You say that like it's either a bad thing, or even unusual...

:cool: