Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Ran over a new 1,800 HP Mer cay Dees today.
what hell has 1800hp and is a mercedes?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Did some of the final work on the CSL ceramic coating and some detail work. View attachment 17957
BULL that looks super clean. How many hours you put in on that to get it to look like that? Only problem is you gonna want to take it through the desert at 175 now? LOL.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
BULL that looks super clean. How many hours you put in on that to get it to look like that? Only problem is you gonna want to take it through the desert at 175 now? LOL.
Curious as well @BULL. Honestly, I'm a little reluctant to start such a daunting task nor sure I have the patience. Now that I am not daily driving it I know I can easily do this over multiple days. I ordered a detailing light (white is so hard to see imperfections) so I am planning on doing mine soon.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Look at the blue one,, then you will know.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Curious as well @BULL. Honestly, I'm a little reluctant to start such a daunting task nor sure I have the patience. Now that I am not daily driving it I know I can easily do this over multiple days. I ordered a detailing light (white is so hard to see imperfections) so I am planning on doing mine soon.
Given that this was my first "real" "paint correction" attempt, I went really slow, even practicing on our old Durango before hand.

But still, I went forward with the "Do no harm" mentality. So that made for extended efforts.

So with that said, I broke it up into the following steps, kind of, one "day" each, "days" varying in length by a fair amount, and with days off in between. (Mine's a garage queen, so no exposure between steps)

Wash and claybar, taking off Mopar flaps
Orange pad and V36
White pad and V38
TWO days of meticulously detailing seems, PPF edges, nooks, etc.
Wash again, followed by IPA panel wipe
IPA wipe again, CSL application
Sit in garage and cure for almost a full week

In hindsight, I wish I had done the EXOv4, I experimented with Meguires Hybrid wax today and I don't like it, so it's only on the rear valance.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Given that this was my first "real" "paint correction" attempt, I went really slow, even practicing on our old Durango before hand.

But still, I went forward with the "Do no harm" mentality. So that made for extended efforts.

So with that said, I broke it up into the following steps, kind of, one "day" each, "days" varying in length by a fair amount, and with days off in between. (Mine's a garage queen, so no exposure between steps)

Wash and claybar, taking off Mopar flaps
Orange pad and V36
White pad and V38
TWO days of meticulously detailing seems, PPF edges, nooks, etc.
Wash again, followed by IPA panel wipe
IPA wipe again, CSL application
Sit in garage and cure for almost a full week

In hindsight, I wish I had done the EXOv4, I experimented with Meguires Hybrid wax today and I don't like it, so it's only on the rear valance.
Great info. Did you have multiple pads on hand or did you blow them with compressed air in between polishing sections? When I polished Durango pad got dirty/loaded fast. Need to order 3-4 of each before I tackle the Hellcat.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Great info. Did you have multiple pads on hand or did you blow them with compressed air in between polishing sections? When I polished Durango pad got dirty/loaded fast. Need to order 3-4 of each before I tackle the Hellcat.

Compressor after EACH section, very important from what I researched.

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn @BULL that is SHARP!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Drove her like I stole her! Chicago was 74 and clear. Triple digits 1st time this year after her bath! Screenshot_20200530-014956_Gallery.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yes, the plate are made that way, they are mirrors with just the galley seals in the back for the passenger and up front for the driver side. It threw me for a loop as well first time I put them on, in previous pics you can see they are the mirror of each other.

Just Magnificent!

Everything is good with the car. Back together and no fires or explosions. Only CEL that came on immediately was IC coolant LOW, but it went away after 5 seconds. Also figured out why my wind shield washers were never working. The hose underneath the hood liner was not connected. It would explain all the dirt on the god damn engine as it was just dumping to the engine bay... >:|

Got some data while doing some rips in Marylexico...

View attachment 17967

Max boost was 11PSI. Weather is so god damn humid right now it's a miracle that we aren't all swimming where we stand right now. Not happy that the A/F ratio was at 12.58. That's too lean for my liking. Need to get a Unlocked PCM and throw a tune on here to get it to 11.50-12.00. That should make the car very happy and not wash the cylinder walls.

Also running her without the plastic valve covers. Don't like them, at all.
Did you look at the air/fuel before doing the plates? The plates were the only change? I had an air/fuel in my old '87 Mustang. I used to see odd numbers driving around and it would freak me out. Like not full throttle pulls and I would see 12's into the 13's. I was told you need to read it at only wide open throttle in 3rd gear (which was 1:1 on that car) I ended up taking it out on the car for daily street driving and hooked it up at the track

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did some of the final work on the CSL ceramic coating and some detail work. View attachment 17957
What did you use on tires?
If it doesn't rain today, gonna try the Dura Dressing.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Drove her like I stole her! Chicago was 74 and clear. Triple digits 1st time this year after her bath! View attachment 17974
Tripped me out.
Shadows on back side actually made body style look different.
Beautiful!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did you look at the air/fuel before doing the plates? The plates were the only change? I had an air/fuel in my old '87 Mustang. I used to see odd numbers driving around and it would freak me out. Like not full throttle pulls and I would see 12's into the 13's. I was told you need to read it at only wide open throttle in 3rd gear (which was 1:1 on that car) I ended up taking it out on the car for daily street driving and hooked it up at the track
I have data from before the plates. Commanded AFR is not any different. Was unhappy with the AFR prior to plates as well. More fuel and some other small tweaks make these cars come alive.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
What did you use on tires?
If it doesn't rain today, gonna try the Dura Dressing.
Nothing special, A bit too shiney, it'll come off with the first wash

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Nothing special, A bit too shiney, it'll come off with the first wash
I don't know about that.
Got the dura dressing, and it says it usually takes 3 or 4 washes to get tires ready JUST to use their cleaner. Washed car this morning, scrubbed the crud out of the tires, turned my brushes black.
Don't think dura coat is going on this weekend. Went out and got some better brushes.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Last edited:

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
13B6ADBE-63EF-4A6D-8D70-893A737944D9.jpeg Well was going to install the ZL1Addons side skirts only to find out they forgot to ship the hardware with the side skirts. I knew better to check the box before going through the troubble of lifting the ride, but i digress, lesson learned again🤪

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 17990 Well was going to install the ZL1Addons side skirts only to find out they forgot to ship the hardware with the side skirts. I knew better to check the box before going through the troubble of lifting the ride, but i digress, lesson learned again🤪
Lol.
I feel your pain.
See "what I didn't do today" thread.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have data from before the plates. Commanded AFR is not any different. Was unhappy with the AFR prior to plates as well. More fuel and some other small tweaks make these cars come alive.
So your car has always had a 12.5 afr or did something change it? Mine appears to be 11.8

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine has always had a 12+ afr. I'm leaving a lot on the table right now, however it is also an average over time. I have to look at the logs again and isolate the WOT and see what the real AFR was.