Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Call .the S.P.C.A...I was cruel to my cats....it was gorgeous today...and I plain and simple IGNORED them....and took the maiden voyage in the C8 today...
Don't know whether to give this a thumbs up or not.?! :unsure:. Don't want the 'What did you do to your Hellcat today' Forum to become another C8 thread. :p. And @Hunter. Delete, delete, delete and another 30 days in the hole for IGNORING the cats! :LOL:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
PUT THE BACKSEAT DELETE IN THE REDEYE. Bought a rear seat delete last year and put it in my blown '09 SRT8. Took it out when I bought the redeye and stored it. Transferred today.
I’m considering doing the delete kit.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I’m considering doing the delete kit.
Yea, I kinda' lucked out with that. I ordered it from a local dealer and got it right away. I ordered the last one out the door I think from the manufacturer. I'm hearing guys can't get these now for nothi'n.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Do I smell a copy cat amounts us?? Hmm. I think I did that a year a go. That's good. Need moe red cats out there. Now comes the engine. Sum 1 has to be doing that?? Come on spit it out. I saw my cat yesterday. Painted the same spot 3 times and the bubbles keep coming back. Monday, tomorrow, paint shop is sand blasting down to the metal and repainting, again. Bake, clear coat, and see what happens. I tore my front drivers side plastic guard off on a curb,,, also. Tore 3 ribets

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Yea, I kinda' lucked out with that. I ordered it from a local dealer and got it right away. I ordered the last one out the door I think from the manufacturer. I'm hearing guys can't get these now for nothi'n.
I believe Speedlogic makes/sells one.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Do I smell a copy cat amounts us?? Hmm. I think I did that a year a go. That's good. Need moe red cats out there. Now comes the engine. Sum 1 has to be doing that?? Come on spit it out. I saw my cat yesterday. Painted the same spot 3 times and the bubbles keep coming back. Monday, tomorrow, paint shop is sand blasting down to the metal and repainting, again. Bake, clear coat, and see what happens. I tore my front drivers side plastic guard off on a curb,,, also. Tore 3 ribets
It's called fisheye Hickster. You got a contaminant in the paint. 99% of paint work is prep, prep, prep.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I believe Speedlogic makes/sells one.
They sell an in house brand of their own design and I heard recently they got some Demon OEM's left for stupid money, like 800 or more, and 200+ shipping. Have not looked myself.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You mean, your wife allowed this?
It was almost a problem...got home from work..garage door was open..she was planning on taking her niece for a ride...5 of my buddies stopped over at the same time..we were goin to the ice cream joint for our own little cruise...she said...you got an hour...took her 20 min to show me how to work things...we had six bikes...a RE..a C7..a vintage Boss 302..and took over the parking lot...the C8 is disconcertingly quiet inside..and Bently smooth ride..the weirdest thing..(disturbing to me)..the rear view mirror...turns into a screen for the rear camera when running..did ya ever look into a rear view mirror and not see yourself???...shut if off...bink...there's your mug...It's an awesome car...for a woman...she can have it...I'll take my cats any day...;););)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It was almost a problem...got home from work..garage door was open..she was planning on taking her niece for a ride...5 of my buddies stopped over at the same time..we were goin to the ice cream joint for our own little cruise...she said...you got an hour...took her 20 min to show me how to work things...we had six bikes...a RE..a C7..a vintage Boss 302..and took over the parking lot...the C8 is disconcertingly quiet inside..and Bently smooth ride..the weirdest thing..(disturbing to me)..the rear view mirror...turns into a screen for the rear camera when running..did ya ever look into a rear view mirror and not see yourself???...shut if off...bink...there's your mug...It's an awesome car...for a woman...she can have it...I'll take my cats any day...;););)
At least I don't have to worry bout a birthday gift this year...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ahh #71. We burp and lost 1?? Coming from a person with 6 exs I don't feel a thing. Now, my town home is not F---g finished on time,,, I am living with my last ex. Me and the cat, 4 legged, have moved in with Laurie. My feeling go out to my Cat with fisheye. Bad paint job, well hell let's do it for the 4th time with a different painter. At least we have identified the problem. They fixed the scratched wheel, front spoiler, and scratches,,,, never purchase a black vehicle again. If I do, I will buy a paint booth. If I can shoot Emran I can shoot clear. It's the damn humidity down here is the problem. Fish eye on my ass.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ahh #71. We burp and lost 1?? Coming from a person with 6 exs I don't feel a thing. Now, my town home is not F---g finished on time,,, I am living with my last ex. Me and the cat, 4 legged, have moved in with Laurie. My feeling go out to my Cat with fisheye. Bad paint job, well hell let's do it for the 4th time with a different painter. At least we have identified the problem. They fixed the scratched wheel, front spoiler, and scratches,,,, never purchase a black vehicle again. If I do, I will buy a paint booth. If I can shoot Emran I can shoot clear. It's the damn humidity down here is the problem. Fish eye on my ass.
Yikes...I actually understood him...:confused:

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yikes...I actually understood him...:confused:
You've just entered the Twilight Zone.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I ill ficx tat as the night goes on. It be wine time so things will get funky from here out. Fich eye on my hass. Been moving, so have to point a finga hea and thea and on ta ball. Can't drink with a mask on,, or it is whom yoa drinkin with. Glad ya had the undea standa of the last post. Mask off, drink wine, get ta funka livin with ah ex. I will pray fer ya. Better off.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Hick, I shot Imron also. Catalyst can cause brain damage if you don't have an inside air system (looks like we both didn't use one. :LOL:). I'm no expert and I'm not a body man by trade, but I've shot a few cars. Humidity causes haze in paint, not fish eye. Oil, wax, and a multitude of plain old dirt can cause it. Doesn't matter how much you sand it, you gotta wipe it with prepsol, mineral spirits, tack strip...whatever. Then you gotta wipe it again. Black sucks to work with, agree on that. But the prep is where all the hard work is. Don't wanna see you have to get a fifth paint job. Good luck.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thank you Blue Bee. Here in Fl wood knot use anything but an inside paint booth with blowers, lights, and exhaust. Hot as hell but low humidity. Imron is the worst to spider web. I used to paint and finish bikes in Tenn. years ago with out a paint booth. Port, polish, and bore heads and cylinders. Learned the hard way. One client was the Outlaws and they were very particular. So was I at that point. Paint booth 1/2 mile from Laurie's house. I am staying there now. So, I will be there at 8 am and in the booth with the painter if necessary.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Might have accidentally bought a new run CCI shaft this morning.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Might have accidentally bought a new run CCI shaft this morning.
LOL. Oops.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yup. Eric confirmed it. Due off the press in a couple days and might see it by the weekend/monday!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just drove mine into the paint booth. At 8 am, see if I have to blast and tape. Just do it myself.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Just drove mine into the paint booth. At 8 am, see if I have to blast and tape. Just do it myself.
You painting it real tree camo?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk