Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@Race Lab Motorsports Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your line and PIC of Trackhawk is required....

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellrasin Challenger HellCat
Bought a HellRaisin 2020 Challenger HellCat to replace my wrecked Gen3 Mustang. Was going to get another 'Stang but for what FCA knocked off this car, I couldn't walk away from it.

Attachments

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Bought a HellRaisin 2020 Challenger HellCat to replace my wrecked Gen3 Mustang. Was going to get another 'Stang but for what FCA knocked off this car, I couldn't walk away from it.
Welcome and beautiful Hellcat.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome.
Beautiful Challenger.
Enjoy with cautious enthusiasm.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottsville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Widebody
I don't miss it in the least :) It was a pretty car though, but the entire top side of the car was a vinyl sticker. Maintenance nightmare.
Can you give me the specifics on these issues? I am ordering a challenger hellcat and am ready to click the option for all 3 tops like you had. I am hoping it is different this year with the description of the option as “painted vinyl satin graphics package”. Yours was not painted on? Was it ordered from the factory? Thanks, Ron.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Can you give me the specifics on these issues? I am ordering a challenger hellcat and am ready to click the option for all 3 tops like you had. I am hoping it is different this year with the description of the option as “painted vinyl satin graphics package”. Yours was not painted on? Was it ordered from the factory? Thanks, Ron.
My 2020 Hellcat was painted. My 2018 T/A 392 (and the 50th edition Challengers) were vinyl stickers. Just understand with the painted satin, you really should never go through a drive-through car wash with it (otherwise it'll spray wax all over your satin, which will just make it shiny). The painted option available on the SRT cars is much more durable than the vinyl applied to the non-Hellcat models. My T/A was a nightmare. Bird poop would scratch it. Accidentally bumping into the side of the car with jeans on would scuff it. Then vinyls are really only good on them for about 7 years, give or take.

But back on point, the satin paint on the Hellcats has to be maintained a certain way. You have to steer clear of wash detergents that have wax in them. Any amount of wax gotten onto the satin finish will do two things: 1) It will make it slightly glossy and 2) Turn it from black to dark grey until the wax is stripped off or wears off. I use Dr. Beasley's satin paint coating on mine and Chemical Guys Matte car wash for my hood, roof, and trunk deck. The plus on having a painted finish vs. the vinyl is durability and ease of maintenance. Satin finished paint is still less durable than a clearcoat, but it is many times more durable than vinyl. If you get minor scratches in it, you can touch it up with scratch/swirl remover. If the same happens to the vinyl, you're usually screwed unless you can get it to "heal" with low heat from a heat gun. That being said, with satin paint, I don't use anything but elbow grease to apply polishes to it. No orbitals. This way I don't end up with swirl marks in the finish.

Every hot rod I've owned has had a satin roof, at least. So, I'm used to the chores having a satin finish requires. If you maintain it and use the proper detergents, polishes, and sealants, it'll look great for as long as you own the car. However, if you cut corners and try and go, "Oh, I'll just take it through this car wash once..." be prepared for 60-90 days of having a grey hood.

The vinyl stickers (all of the black): sideshot.png

On this, all of the black is painted:

topdown.png

Last edited:

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
^^^^😂😂😂

I'm glad Im not the only one that has to "gameplan" a bath on cars with black hoods.

20191205_153931_HDR.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My 2020 Hellcat was painted. My 2018 T/A 392 (and the 50th edition Challengers) were vinyl stickers. Just understand with the painted satin, you really should never go through a drive-through car wash with it (otherwise it'll spray wax all over your satin, which will just make it shiny). The painted option available on the SRT cars is much more durable than the vinyl applied to the non-Hellcat models. My T/A was a nightmare. Bird poop would scratch it. Accidentally bumping into the side of the car with jeans on would scuff it. Then vinyls are really only good on them for about 7 years, give or take.

But back on point, the satin paint on the Hellcats has to be maintained a certain way. You have to steer clear of wash detergents that have wax in them. Any amount of wax gotten onto the satin finish will do two things: 1) It will make it slightly glossy and 2) Turn it from black to dark grey until the wax is stripped off or wears off. I use Dr. Beasley's satin paint coating on mine and Chemical Guys Matte car wash for my hood, roof, and trunk deck. The plus on having a painted finish vs. the vinyl is durability and ease of maintenance. Satin finished paint is still less durable than a clearcoat, but it is many times more durable than vinyl. If you get minor scratches in it, you can touch it up with scratch/swirl remover. If the same happens to the vinyl, you're usually screwed unless you can get it to "heal" with low heat from a heat gun. That being said, with satin paint, I don't use anything but elbow grease to apply polishes to it. No orbitals. This way I don't end up with swirl marks in the finish.

Every hot rod I've owned has had a satin roof, at least. So, I'm used to the chores having a satin finish requires. If you maintain it and use the proper detergents, polishes, and sealants, it'll look great for as long as you own the car. However, if you cut corners and try and go, "Oh, I'll just take it through this car wash once..." be prepared for 60-90 days of having a grey hood.

The vinyl stickers (all of the black): View attachment 31613

View attachment 31614
The blk/wht T/A....is gorgeous...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

View attachment 31614
My Daytona went through car washes many times in the winter and the satin never changed

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Love the

View attachment 31614
Love the T/A. We are looking at getting one next year

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Love the

Love the T/A. We are looking at getting one next year
I liked the look of mine. It is a bit of an odd bird though. It doesn't have the driving modes you get from a Scat Pack/Hellcat. Just normal and sport, and the suspension is non-adjustable. It does come factory lowered and is also raked higher in the rear, lower in the front. Looks cool, but if you think a Hellcat's front splitter hits everything, the T/A's is about a half inch lower and doesn't have the center break that the Hellcat's does. So, it literally hits everything.

I was not a fan of the vinyl on the T/A either. I like the look of it, but dear God, it has a lot of it. The finish Dodge puts on it is nice, but fragile. I picked up scratches in the vinyl from bird poop. Also, if you take it to a show and someone looks into the interior and accidentally bumps it with a belt buckle on...

It also has a factory sport exhaust which sounds a little more aggressive than a standard Scat Pack... more raspy. But, the reason I sold it was primarily because I thought it was a bit too slow. I've always liked big power cars and the T/A was off about 400hp from my previous car. I only kept it for 2 years before I traded it for a Hellcat.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
My Daytona went through car washes many times in the winter and the satin never changed
Well, here’s what happened to mine after the dealership waxed the hood on delivery day, compared to what it looks like now. It's hard to see it clearly (my garage has 30 lights in the ceiling which is shining a glare all over it). But on delivery, the painted satin was definitely dark grey. I took it home and used citrus wash to strip the wax off the satin and then sealed it with Dr. Beasley's.

On the first photo, note how the spoiler matches the trunk deck. Everything is now the same color. On the next two photos, note the hood scoop plastic insert is a different color than the hood. The last picture really shows how grey it was before I stripped the wax off and resealed it with a proper coating. #1 was taken yesterday. #2/3 was taken on delivery day back in August:

3E9C2CDD-7933-417B-BBDE-180E7467747C.jpeg 5B4C2D40-3366-4FDA-A496-54D3E1BEFE8B.jpeg
quarterfrontbright.png

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well, here’s what happened to mine after the dealership waxed the hood on delivery day, compared to what it looks like now. It's hard to see it clearly (my garage has 30 lights in the ceiling which is shining a glare all over it). But on delivery, the painted satin was definitely dark grey. I took it home and used citrus wash to strip the wax off the satin and then sealed it with Dr. Beasley's.

On the first photo, note how the spoiler matches the trunk deck. Everything is now the same color. On the next two photos, note the hood scoop plastic insert is a different color than the hood. The last picture really shows how grey it was before I stripped the wax off and resealed it with a proper coating. #1 was taken yesterday. #2/3 was taken on delivery day back in August:

View attachment 32337 View attachment 32336
View attachment 32338
Could be the difference from paint and vinyl

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Could be the difference from paint and vinyl
There is no vinyl on my Hellcat. Anywhere.

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Nice, Frostbite w/Black satin what’s not to like. Welcome to the club
HI Demoniccat,
I've unsuccessfully attempted to get a hold of wasnitrous to ask if his wheels are standard black, or, matte vapor whereas the lighting in the picture makes it unclear? Just wondering if you happen to know?
I apologize for this unusual question.
Thank you !

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
HI Demoniccat,
I've unsuccessfully attempted to get a hold of wasnitrous to ask if his wheels are standard black, or, matte vapor whereas the lighting in the picture makes it unclear? Just wondering if you happen to know?
I apologize for this unusual question.
Thank you !
Not 100% sure, so shouldn’t say. I was just using a generalized compliment on the looks of the car.

Justin.w.r

U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Napa
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Hi, I'm Justin, Napa, CA, I purchased a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat yesterday! Ivory white, black/sepia interior, manual transmission, pistol grip, and brass monkey wheels. hellcat2.jpg

OP
HellcatFan

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #879
Hi, I'm Justin, Napa, CA, I purchased a 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat yesterday! Ivory white, black/sepia interior, manual transmission, pistol grip, and brass monkey wheels. View attachment 34956
Congrats and welcome aboard!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Congrats and what did you own as well and your impressions?