Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Waking The Cat

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Waking the Cat after a long winters sleep. What steps do you take to get your Hellcat ready for a summer of smiles! Here in NY, we have at least two more months to go. We have the most knowledgeable and also incredibly funny experts on the internet in this forum. Let the wisdom flow...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If it's been more than 2 weeks since the car has been run, one of the many things you can do is use the "Cold Start Method" outlined in the manual.

Basically, hold the throttle to the floor while you press and hold the Start button, this shuts off the injectors and allows you to build oil pressure before that first start. (Engine turns over without starting)

(This method is also used for a flooded engine)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I never shut her down. Out and about for pizza 2 nite and to the body shop tomorrow. Rain tomorrow night so back into the garage till rain quits. I can't stand to watch the south end going north.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Waking the Cat after a long winters sleep. What steps do you take to get your Hellcat ready for a summer of smiles! Here in NY, we have at least two more months to go. We have the most knowledgeable and also incredibly funny experts on the internet in this forum. Let the wisdom flow...
2 you say....more like 3...hell you know as well as I do...in our neck of the woods..this winter has been a walk in the park...that means this spring aint showin up till mid may...remember where you heard it...lol

OP
Yoguard

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
2 you say....more like 3...hell you know as well as I do...in our neck of the woods..this winter has been a walk in the park...that means this spring aint showin up till mid may...remember where you heard it...lol
My wife told me the same thing. I’m praying you’re both wrong, but deep down I agree...

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Wish I had a dime for every time I heard that one. It’s a crock. I feel it in my bones winter is on the run. Been seeing a ton of Turkey Vultures and bluebirds already here in Mass. Do they know something we don’t? I always wait for around April 1st and there has to be at least two good rain storms after the last salt event.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Downstate NY’er here. I drove mine just last weekend. I put my all seasons back on the rear to spare my drag radials the cold. Skinny and cold all seasons make for a thrilling ride on a cold road! Wife panics whenever we get sideways and clings to the arm rest as if it would ever help. No matter how much I assure her its under control, she white knuckles it every time. Cant wait for spring!

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
Check the air in the tires, press the start button, let it idle a bit and go fill up with gas. It isn't 1957 anymore.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wish I had a dime for every time I heard that one. It’s a crock. I feel it in my bones winter is on the run. Been seeing a ton of Turkey Vultures and bluebirds already here in Mass. Do they know something we don’t? I always wait for around April 1st and there has to be at least two good rain storms after the last salt event.
Awww JC...whatta ya gonna buy with 40 cents...and the only thing your feelin in those bones is osteoporosis ...so...just how many turkey vultures are in a ton any way...my guess..your gonna be shovelin white rain mid april...lol

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thank god the buzzards found sum where else to go. And the birds also. The stangers are out in #s this year. Since the new ones hit the streets a month go, dropped the resale of the used ones. Now these buzzards are in a swarm. Bastards, butt no problem except a pain. Drag queens.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Awww JC...whatta ya gonna buy with 40 cents...and the only thing your feelin in those bones is osteoporosis ...so...just how many turkey vultures are in a ton any way...my guess..your gonna be shovelin white rain mid april...lol
Nope not osteoporosis. It’s arthritis! I have shoveled that white crap in April before. Hence the arthritis. By the way at 3.3 lbs per bird there are about 606 vultures to ton. You can look it up.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
CLAY-POLISH-WAX

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Check the air in the tires, press the start button, let it idle a bit and go fill up with gas. It isn't 1957 anymore.
That is about it. Especially since I have maybe 150 miles on this oil change and need to do another by April 1 to maintain a valid warranty record.

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
That is about it. Especially since I have maybe 150 miles on this oil change and need to do another by April 1 to maintain a valid warranty record.
I'm in the same boat as far as mileage. Maybe 160 miles on my oil. My techs save my oil and use it in their beaters. Do you change your filter also?