Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

🚨 TODAY ONLY! 🚨 Black Friday Pricing on Whipple Superchargers

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

HighHorseman

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
TopCat

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
And how many sold? Whipple get their problems fixed yet? My Gen 6 3.8 has been there since October with no word on when it may return yet even after asking multiple times, the answer? No answer.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And how many sold? Whipple get their problems fixed yet? My Gen 6 3.8 has been there since October with no word on when it may return yet even after asking multiple times, the answer? No answer.
I have an invoice sitting in my email from Curt.

Because of discovering exactly zero of these issues appear solved and the wait time stretches from days to weeks to months on a replacement? Nah.

My plans may have changed as a direct result of this and more specifically your personal experience.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have an invoice sitting in my email from Curt.

Because of discovering exactly zero of these issues appear solved and the wait time stretches from days to weeks to months on a replacement? Nah.

My plans may have changed as a direct result of this and more specifically your personal experience.

I’m hoping Maybe vendors start getting on their ass, if they where getting charge backs for all these failed blowers I’m sure they’d be singing a different tune then sales adds.
If I could get my funds back I spent on the blower and accessories and charge for shop time spent removing and installing blowers multiple times, time spent packing and shipping and driving the pkg to a depot because it’s too big, too heavy, and too costly drop off centers in my area won’t take it, add materials cost like coolant, add in weeks turning into months of car down time, it’s not been a good experience since my purchase (from HHP) of my first Whipple last August. Whipple is trying but damn it’s been a long patience testing haul so far. Porting a 2.7 at the moment and trying to get a dealer to ship me a 3.0 IHI, if that comes through then bye bye Whipple.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I would not buy another whipple. Out of the 6 I bought 6 have been back. And some more than one time.

Amd if someone buys one at this ten off kiss your money goodbye for months.
Like Mike I sent one in back in Oct still nothing back. Sent 10 emails nothing back. No calls back.

turbos is how I’m going. Or back to stock. The IHI lasted longer than a whipple. Power don’t mean anything if it don’t last.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I would not buy another whipple. Out of the 6 I bought 6 have been back. And some more than one time...

...Power don’t mean anything if it don’t last.
That last line. Right there. We don't have a lot of good options.

...trying to get a dealer to ship me a 3.0 IHI, if that comes through then bye bye Whipple.
I doubt we ever see the 3.0 IHI available in the catalog for anything more than a photo op. In stock? Haha. Good luck.

Which sucks because that's probably gonna be the ticket. You know how many people would drop the cash for 2 of them if they were anywhere remotely close to the suggested retail cost of a whipple?

It's me. I'm many people.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That last line. Right there. We don't have a lot of good options.

I doubt we ever see the 3.0 IHI available in the catalog for anything more than a photo op. In stock? Haha. Good luck.

Which sucks because that's probably gonna be the ticket. You know how many people would drop the cash for 2 of them if they were anywhere remotely close to the suggested retail cost of a whipple?

It's me. I'm many people.
I located a CDJ dealer that has one in stock but doesn’t ship, local pick up only, 9500$, but is 2000 miles from me.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
2000 miles in which direction?

If they're in my hood I'd do you the solid just for the test data and feedback.

EDIT: you're in PA (according to your profile)? How did I not know this and why haven't we done dumb stuff yet?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

EDIT: you're in PA (according to your profile)? How did I not know this and why haven't we done dumb stuff yet?
IHI 3.0 is on the west coast, I’m in NE PA. Dumb stuff, I already do too much of alone lol, maybe Pocono this spring if I have a blower combo worthy enough to make the power desired.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I located a CDJ dealer that has one in stock but doesn’t ship, local pick up only, 9500$, but is 2000 miles from me.
Where?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
West Coast, trying to get a truck driver friend to pick it up.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
West Coast, trying to get a truck driver friend to pick it up.
😂😂😂. Good idea.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
One of the things we should have on this forum (besides fixing the glitchy ass technical issues) is a section for superchargers and alternative power adders (turbos). The turbos are coming. Did anyone see Baileys new stuff? A air tank/compressor to work with turbo Wastegates and electronics to run turbos with the OE computer. Now if somebody will just come up with a blower drive package to run a Procharger. Hmmm 🤔

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
One of the things we should have on this forum (besides fixing the glitchy ass technical issues) is a section for superchargers and alternative power adders (turbos). The turbos are coming. Did anyone see Baileys new stuff? A air tank/compressor to work with turbo Wastegates and electronics to run turbos with the OE computer. Now if somebody will just come up with a blower drive package to run a Procharger. Hmmm 🤔
Imma need some deets on that setup. Sounds like money. Literally. Ha.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wow. I see Whipples being pushed all over the place with the youtube builds. Plenty of coyotes.

Yet, rarely on a hemi. Is it just a hemi issue? Or all engines?

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wow. I see Whipples being pushed all over the place with the youtube builds. Plenty of coyotes.

Yet, rarely on a hemi. Is it just a hemi issue? Or all engines?
For the blower self-destruct sequence? Yes.

The ford's are eating catalysts though apparently resulting in roached motors. Not whipple's fault on that one.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For the blower self-destruct sequence? Yes.

The ford's are eating catalysts though apparently resulting in roached motors. Not whipple's fault on that one.
Cleetus put a 6 on his F150 changing out the twin turbos. It ran, I think, a 9.6 on E. Looked very impressive.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Yer a good 4 plus hrs. away from him..East on I 80

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yer a good 4 plus hrs. away from him..East on I 80
Our shop is in Mill Hall (exit 178), locations are around Montrose and for fun i drive 3.5hrs out to Numidia Dragway if I wanna make NHRA runs...so I get out to points on or around the 81 corridor pretty often.

Gonna have to get together with guys out that way this year. Track day?

The wife also likes to venture to Blaisdell and the other burbs to shop too so I'm up in that area at least a handful of times a year if there's anything going on you'll be participating in.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Always thought it was weird that Procharger wanted nothing to do with the Hellcat engine.

They made a deal for the LT4 supercharged GM V8 but nothing for the Hellcat.
As for gear drive, Chris Alston make something? I know I saw someone running a gear drive Procharger on a gen 3 Hemi