Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I suspect that he was before ordering, and then it got worse. That was all over on "the old forum".

Anyway, he'd call customer service several times per day, post some 5-10 times per day (in various threads) about his agony after not getting his car within a month or so.

Making it even more curious was that he really wanted an absolutely flawless car - which was a lease, and to be driven year-round in the northeast.
It was so bad that it was good, I think.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Congrats Pierre, I know the waiting sucks, but you have the right attitude towards it, hang in there, once it gets on a train, it won't be long!!

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Congrats Pierre, I know the waiting sucks, but you have the right attitude towards it, hang in there, once it gets on a train, it won't be long!!
Thank you sir!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
The wait is killer, but definitely worth it. Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Cannot wait to see the pictures.
Lots of great people and information here.
I already have a 2018 Charger Hellcat :)

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Wow, that was quick. In "I" status now (Built, pending final inspection)
Moved to "J" (inspection OK) and then to "JB" status today (Shipped to body vendor)......not sure what that really means, I didn't order stripes, graphics pkg or black hood.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Moved to "J" (inspection OK) and then to "JB" status today (Shipped to body vendor)......not sure what that really means, I didn't order stripes, graphics pkg or black hood.
That’s exactly the status changes I had, J, JB, then KZ and KZS for weeks lol, hopefuly yours will be less time in KZS.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Mines been at the body vendor over a week.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Is that the flares?

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Is that the flares?
Not sure. I watched the video of the last Demon built and they installed those on the line. I kinda figured that would be the same for any widebody.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Not sure. I watched the video of the last Demon built and they installed those on the line. I kinda figured that would be the same for any widebody.
I was told the wheels are installed for the widebody in the body shop.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I can see that being the case, makes sense

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Doh, I believe that is right. I forgot back when they introed the wider wheels they made a big deal of the fact that they had to use narrow (blue painted if I remember correctly) regular wheels on the assembly line because of tolerances and then did the final wheel/tire swap elsewhere.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Okay, I'm out of patience now. We ordered a Trackhawk on 2-12, and it's STILL not at the dealer.
I'm starting to better understand Scatpacksam's frustration. Should probably call customer service and ask them what the heck is (or isn't) going on.

Jeez, you'd think it was going to Mexico or something, as long as it has taken already.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow, February 2012 is a long time.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, part of that wait was obviously that they had to start production of the Trackhawk in the first place, six years later.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Pierre, I'm glad you took my post the right way.

But I'm still a bit butt hurt because of Magnified having no compassion for my well founded anxiety.
Then again, he has a Charger. Those are probably only ordered by municipalities, then sold as surplus.

Yeah, looking at it that way, I feel better now. I'll still call customer service, though.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Pierre, I'm glad you took my post the right way.

But I'm still a bit butt hurt because of Magnified having no compassion for my well founded anxiety.
Then again, he has a Charger. Those are probably only ordered by municipalities, then sold as surplus.

Yeah, looking at it that way, I feel better now. I'll still call customer service, though.
I’m not really keen on chargers either, but let’s focus on the real problem, FCA is slow AF.
From my understanding you have several cars, so you shouldn’t be that impatient! I thought Trackhawks would be quicker as they probably sold 10 in the whole country last year , do not mis understand my comment, I f***in love it, but It seems to be selling slow.
When you start to run out of patience, just think of me lol, I’ve had no other car than my wife’s and some friends’ for now 8 months, I know, that’s ridiculous but I live 4km away from work and didn’t want to hurry up and buy any car I would then regret, I decided to be patient for the first time in my life and It seems like it’s about to pay, if I don’t receive the car with dings or scratched, of course.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
We can't really blame FCA for the delay in your case, I think. Our Redeye's almost four month delay to even get on a train was a different story, but normally it seems to be shipping logistics.
At that point it's out of FCA's control, as far as I know.

And yes, the wait was definitely harder the first time. Largely because we were hoping to beat winter.
Then my 'Hawk showed up in what's probably a record time.

In other words, you win some, you lose some. I think we're all rooting for you getting your car soon, and in good condition. I know I am.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
I think we're all rooting for you getting your car soon, and in good condition. I know I am.
Hell Yea!!!

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
My cat is on a train!! It should be in Saltillo, Mexico on the 8th of march and about one week later here in Juárez!