Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The GT500 is here. Knock Knock

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #21
Do you think the entire block is unrepairable? Would seem unlikely...
Hard to say, and unless the damage gets shared with possible reason(s) as to what happened we may never know. If the blocks walls are scored/damaged but could be bored over and saved, as the owner (I'm not), I would request the original block back to bore it over and sleeve it. That way even though bored over you still have access to the original block. I would make sure they put a new block in of course, just wanting the original for numbers matching purposes.

Which that actually brings up another question about these blocks. From my understanding they are aluminum and our platform has iron blocks. I've been told by others that aluminum is lighter (weight savings), but iron blocks can hold more boost/power. So I'd be curious as to how far you can push the GT500 block until it would need sleeved for added power.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #22
I'm sorry. I'm trying to be an adult here, but.... I'M LOVING THIS. :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:.
Not going to lie, I've watched it a few times laughing. I do feel sorry for the owner, but from a comment I read it sounds like he has quite a few toys to play with. The tech made a point to show the name of the builder too! That will likely get back to him, ouch! lol.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Why would they not start the thing up before buying? No way this just suddenly happened after the paperwork was signed. Or their break in regimen was flooring it out of the parking lot....

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Why would they not start the thing up before buying? No way this just suddenly happened after the paperwork was signed. Or their break in regimen was flooring it out of the parking lot....
I thought the same thing. Only thing I could conjure up in my mind is on delivery a tech or salesman said "Ohhh this is the new GT500. Check this out!" and then revved it to the moon on start up. That's why I wont take the RE in for even oil changes. I trust no one. If it's a recall or something broke under warranty,that's one thing. But maintenance forget about it.

Also, I have to admit I only watched it once. I really thought this was at a show when I heard all the background voices and hullaballoo.(so focused on car I didn't even notice the surroundings). I couldn't understand why the guy was so jacked after hearing the noise. ("With pride!, with pride!...???). Obviously he's a hardcore car guy. Someone should explain, a LOUD RAPPING noise coming from an engine is a BAD thing. The guy didn't even seam to notice it. Maybe he didn't notice it when he left .

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I thought the same thing. Only thing I could conjure up in my mind is on delivery a tech or salesman said "Ohhh this is the new GT500. Check this out!" and then revved it to the moon on start up. That's why I wont take the RE in for even oil changes. I trust no one. If it's a recall or something broke under warranty,that's one thing. But maintenance forget about it.

Also, I have to admit I only watched it once. I really thought this was at a show when I heard all the background voices and hullaballoo.(so focused on car I didn't even notice the surroundings). I couldn't understand why the guy was so jacked after hearing the noise. ("With pride!, with pride!...???). Obviously he's a hardcore car guy. Someone should explain, a LOUD RAPPING noise coming from an engine is a BAD thing. The guy didn't even seam to notice it. Maybe he didn't notice it when he left .
vtec yo.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
A dealer in my area has a 2020 GT 500 posted for sale....with only a modest $15k ADM. Glad they're not trying to gouge anyone :eek:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
It’s slow going on production so the Adm will get worst there are a ton of people who orderEd last July and still no vin. I ordered mine last September and no vin and they shut down production for about 4-6 weeks being Mid January to late February. Im sick of the wait and picked up a leftover Charger today while I wait for mine. Probably May June for me.
8F2631DB-6607-46B7-BB71-4F1634C1CCC0.jpeg 18F230BE-D0A2-4FC7-B2BB-27D5BEF4F82E.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle