Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis strike

Bowtie Guy

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I know a guy who's company outsourced to India, their work was just good enough to pass, but ultimately was shit and had to be reworked internally before it could be used.

You get what you pay for?
Yes same here
A friend of mine uses them
Once they know your expectations they are generally OK he says

Auto manufactures use them more then most would like to know
India & China

Even basic office admin
9 times out of 10 when we call some place it goes to a call center
Where I have no idea
But
They rarely speak fluent English

Even small business use them
Doctors
Lawyers

Its crazy

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I know a guy who's company outsourced to India, their work was just good enough to pass, but ultimately was shit and had to be reworked internally before it could be used.

You get what you pay for?
I tried using outsourcing for some of my web work. I always had to fix it which takes twice the time.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
This has been going on for quite a long time. A huge appliance manufacturer my company used to be a supplier for started requiring 15% of their production molds be built over seas.
Long story short we got a bid of $84,000 and 8 weeks local to build a small injection mold and $22,000 and 5 weeks over seas. They had it built over seas of course.

Then they had to add in shipping costs (and time, 12 weeks) and the fact it was wrong and would not run so it had to go to the builders American partner shop to be “rebuilt” at an extra cost because appliance manufacturer bought off on the mold BEFORE it had ran successful trials! The rebuild took 10 weeks! All in all they had over $140,000 and 6 months into a crap mold that didn’t run for shit but they never put it all together because each step of the process was billed through a different department!!!! So they all thought they were getting a deal🤬🤬🥴

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
People should be fired over decisions like that.

Lady that cuts my hair said one of her customer's job is to design failure points in to appliances so they don't last as long. Just enough to get past the warranty period.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
People should be fired over decisions like that.

Lady that cuts my hair said one of her customer's job is to design failure points in to appliances so they don't last as long. Just enough to get past the warranty period.
Doesn't surprise me Speedy as for some reason I've noticed that the older appliances may have not been the most efficient in terms of energy usage, but were built to last. Bought new appliances a couple of years ago and the salesman told me that the average life was around 5 years! He said they are all like that. If I was the hair stylist, I might have slipped with the scissors a bit while cutting the customers hair. Here's what a hair stylists "failure point" looks like:)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And it looks like prices will go even higher with the looming strike.....in the last 3 years I bought a new Challenger and pick-up truck......these may be the last new vehicles I ever purchase.
But...But...yer only 28...o_O;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Don t forget outsourcing
Here are some figures North America is competing against for Design
This is current & the big 3 use these firms constantly

Instead of paying $40.00 an hour plus plus plus
Medical
Pension
Compensation
Equipment
Office space
Software
Hardware

These guys are

We charge Below:
8$ USD/Hour for AutoCAD
12$ USD/Hour for Solid works/Inventor/Creo
For Full Time CAD staff monthly price starts from 1200$ USD/Month [160hrs]

Kind Regards.
Business Manager-Global
CAD Drafting Team
Bangalore, India
Less people and higher prices = increased profits.

The "shortage" of highly desirable cars may never change since everyone can charge more $$$.
And the rebate programs (if @ all) are nowhere close to what the mfg. offered in the past...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And the rebate programs (if @ all) are nowhere close to what the mfg. offered in the past...
Inventory is building. If they don't start selling, you'll see more of them again.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Inventory is alwaze dare. Whom wants a pink HC? In dare mindz of confusion. Price is write.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Inventory is alwaze dare. Whom wants a pink HC? In dare mindz of confusion. Price is write.
Until they stop selling.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Word around the campfire at the UAW is that Ford and GM workers at certain plants are 100% going to walk on the 14th. The Stellantis plants won't know till the day of the 14th which ones will strike and which ones will still work. I'm assuming this is because the UAW only have about 3 months of funds if everyone walks out at the same time. I'm hearing the strategy is they will target the workers in the parts and casting plants to strike, so it'll force the big 3 to layoff workers, which would put them on unemployment pay for awhile instead of strike pay for everyone.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Word around the campfire at the UAW is that Ford and GM workers at certain plants are 100% going to walk on the 14th. The Stellantis plants won't know till the day of the 14th which ones will strike and which ones will still work. I'm assuming this is because the UAW only have about 3 months of funds if everyone walks out at the same time. I'm hearing the strategy is they will target the workers in the parts and casting plants to strike, so it'll force the big 3 to layoff workers, which would put them on unemployment pay for awhile instead of strike pay for everyone.
Where's the money?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Where's the money?
I'm assuming part of it is in the pockets of the UAW and FCA employees who went to jail for embezzling millions of dollars.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm assuming part of it is in the pockets of the UAW and FCA employees who went to jail for embezzling millions of dollars.
Same old story. People are still getting cuts off the top. You can bet on it.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Same old story. People are still getting cuts off the top. You can bet on it.
That is why the UAW ousted the old regime and elected Shawn Fein! We were tired of the corrupt bullshit between the UAW and Management at the Big 3! Their crap is a big reason WHY we are in the situation we’re in. They were forcing crap contracts with tons of concessions in them to get kick backs from the companies down our throats and not listening to the workers needs. We wouldn’t be asking for 40% if we had at least stayed even with inflation🤬🤬🤬

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
That is why the UAW ousted the old regime and elected Shawn Fein! We were tired of the corrupt bullshit between the UAW and Management at the Big 3! Their crap is a big reason WHY we are in the situation we’re in. They were forcing crap contracts with tons of concessions in them to get kick backs from the companies down our throats and not listening to the workers needs. We wouldn’t be asking for 40% if we had at least stayed even with inflation🤬🤬🤬
The slogan should be Corrupt Contracts=Record profits...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Heard, as a kid in Europe, that Furd was checking the junkyards looking for parts that were still good on worn out cars.
Then they could cut back on the quality of those parts.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Oh Jim N. Outragerous. da last I had 2 duu wit da unions waz a guud 10 ears ago. Butt as per say up younder, werez da $$ at. I can ass plain watt I knew in da Insulators, boiler maker's, sheet metal union's. No extra monies 2 bee had. Problem bean dat da retired wurkers were livin longer bringin up longer costens and medical bills. Pee un in management, all I cood do is shit and listen. They were actually taken moe $$s out of da mechanics pay 2 make up fer da down fall on da retireez. Just frum my point. Oh, no OT, no shift diff, nun of da extraz I had. While I sat on da pooper listenen. Mechanics were docked $2.50 an hour 2 keep up wit retirees. They were pissed. Me, ok.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Teamsters announced they will not ship anything to or from a plant that is currently under a strike...
https://fb.watch/n3l-zZJ6-G/

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Da UAW is too big and strong. Witch means, utter unions will snot cross da utters picket lines. All trucken, new equipment installs, maintenance, all of em will snot cross. Thousands of uncontested counted employeez. Management will not pick up da pace da reasun fer da late nite strike. Perty guud planinen. Smut admittser.