Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis Fires Thousands Of UAW Workers

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
But fired doesn't mean no longer being paid, like it does to the rest of us, thanks to the union's overly-generous collective bargaining agreement.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
But fired doesn't mean no longer being paid, like it does to the rest of us, thanks to the union's overly-generous collective bargaining agreement.
Please explain this to someone like me?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This was the only thing I could find:
"Baumhower said if layoffs happen, a system is in place to offer people who have been with the company for a long time the chance to take turns taking time off to save some of the newer workers."

Otherwise they are on the unemployment lines like everyone else.

"...Stellantis has stated the layoffs come as a means to comply with California emissions regulations. The company believes that the requirements put Stellantis at a disadvantage, as other automakers are held to looser compliance standards.

The automaker, which also owns car brands including Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat and Ram, has incurred the wrath of some politicians. Indeed, Michigan House Speaker Joe Tate, a Democrat representing Detroit, believes the announcement is worrying..."

another few lines:

"According to Reuters, since the summer Stellantis has limited its shipments of both ICE vehicles and EVs to dealers in the 14 states that have adopted California Air Resources Board (CARB) rules, which are stricter than national criteria. Meaning, if you shopped in those states, only plug-in hybrid SUVs would be readily available in stock, but you’d have to special order an all-electric version or ICE models. Dealers in states that don’t adhere to CARB standards had the opposite scenario play out, of having no or very few hybrids in stock, and an ICE-only inventory. The rationale for all of this maneuvering, as The Drive points out, is in the 14 states that adhere to the California rules, manufacturers need to sell a certain percentage of zero-emissions vehicles and plug-in hybrids, meaning Stellantis had to prioritize these areas. "

Can we sherman's march california, so sick of that state, the residents that continue their culture of dick sucking and the results damning the rest of the country. Burn California to the ground and remove it from the union.

Take the other 13 states too and chuck them in the fuck it bucket.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Inevitable regardless of the strike. Look at what they have done - Chrysler is all but dead with just a minivan left, Dodge is losing the Charger, Challenger & V8 options in the Ram trucks, Durango has 1 more year then ?? & even Jeep is being pared down. The much trumpeted Hurricane variants may not be 'all that', the whorenut is a joke and the EV's offerings are vaporware (not that the EV market is taking shape the way the FJB greenies thought anyway).

Another interesting observation I've made over the last 3 weeks (I've been car shopping) is I'm seeing cars come & go from various dealerships (across several brands). They are not being sold as I initially thought, but are getting moved around from location to location (been tracking specific VIN's) - trying to make it look like things are moving or ??

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Sales have slowed (crappy economy and high interest rates do that) and emissions regulations on Stellantis are an issue (they’ve filed a lawsuit against California over it) the new contract is a little bit of this but this was in the works BEFORE the strike started. This was going to happen one way or another. We were supposed to go to three 8 hr shifts 5 days a week in 2024 before year endinstead of the five/six 10 hour shifts that production has been working for years.
Instead of that and because of back log and regulations we are going to two 8 hour shifts 5 days a week.
The company unfortunately is going after the temporary workers that will probably not get hired full time. A little over 120 full time employees are expected to be laid off.
The workers will be entitled to unemployment and SUB pay for 26 weeks.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
And don't forget, 6000 US based office workers got the ax before Thanksgiving. Also, take a hard look at the org chart & note where the top exec's are located (hint - not in the USA !!). Clearly the USA based management is no longer driving the bus, we're just another passenger !

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
And don't forget, 6000 US based office workers got the ax before Thanksgiving. Also, take a hard look at the org chart & note where the top exec's are located (hint - not in the USA !!). Clearly the USA based management is no longer driving the bus, we're just another passenger !
Its going to be very interesting at the 2 new Battery plants here in Windsor & London
Not to mention Brampton Assembly & Windsor assembly

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Screenshot of my morning email from Dodge. No worries. :rolleyes:
1702389107285.png

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
They certainly don't stand alone. They're in the lots with all the other pests they can't sell.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
View attachment 123713
Sat in one the other day while I was waiting on some service work at the dealer that I buy my cars from and unless you're a hippy liberal dude with a bitch biscuit wearing skinny jeans you can't fit in the damn thing.
I'm 6' 290+/- and it's a very tight squeeze to get in and out!
I will never buy one!

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
View attachment 123713
2023--- Dodge brags about 1025 horsepower and a good looking car.

2024--- Dodge brags about 288 horsepower in an ugly econobox.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
2023--- Dodge brags about 1025 horsepower and a good looking car.

2024--- Dodge brags about 288 horsepower in an ugly econobox.
I am sure they have a catchy term for that, like "progress". :mad:

Again, I'm glad I'm old and I have mine. F'k the millennials that voted for this crap, they are the ones who will eventually have to eat it, and never realized they caused it.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
They'll blame it on the boomers, Trump, or both before it's over. That's the fashionable thing to do. Their version of the TRUTH is all that matters.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am sure they have a catchy term for that, like "progress". :mad:

Again, I'm glad I'm old and I have mine. F'k the millennials that voted for this crap, they are the ones who will eventually have to eat it, and never realized they caused it.
Okay boomer, don't blame my generation that went through 20 years of war, two financial crisis and some of the worst times this planet has gone through since WW2. WARS THAT WERE CAUSED BY YOUR GENERATION THE PEOPLE THAT CONTROLLED HOUSE/SENATE/POTUS and almost most major financial institutions.

They'll blame it on the boomers, Trump, or both before it's over. That's the fashionable thing to do. Their version of the TRUTH is all that matters.
George Carlin was ahead of his time with is 'whiny boomers' who manipulated the younger generation. Just in case you don't know what Mr. Carlin discussed here's a refresher.

If you want to blame a generation, look in the mirror and point a finger.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
^^^ Feisty young'in isn't he ??

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
They’ve continued to replace the American Executives with Europeans since the “merger”. Surprise! Surprise!🙄

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Okay boomer, don't blame my generation that went through 20 years of war, two financial crisis and some of the worst times this planet has gone through since WW2. WARS THAT WERE CAUSED BY YOUR GENERATION THE PEOPLE THAT CONTROLLED HOUSE/SENATE/POTUS and almost most major financial institutions.

George Carlin was ahead of his time with is 'whiny boomers' who manipulated the younger generation. Just in case you don't know what Mr. Carlin discussed here's a refresher.

If you want to blame a generation, look in the mirror and point a finger.
Actually I like George Carlin as a comedian. Brilliant comedian, but I don't look to comedians for my moral compass or in assessing blame for wars and geo political conflicts. There will always be conflict as long as we have radical ideologies and dictators who want to rule the world. Blaming any particular generation for societies issues is just plain ignorant and uninformed. There are bad actors in every generation and good ones too. Who exactly is causing the divisiveness in our society right now with all the Woke BS, DEI, pushing Green Green Green while continuing to drive up the national debt with give away programs and embracing hoards of illegal immigrants to buy votes? As long as we are embracing comedy, I personally think it's funny how some of the others blame the boomers for being successful while ignoring the advantages that were provided them by the so called "greedy boomers". As a so called boomer, I had to work my ass off to make sure my kids didn't have to go through what I did or especially what my parents experienced during the great depression and not knowing where their next meal was coming from. I don't owe anyone an apology for trying to give my kids a better life than what the previous generation could do. That's what all parents want for their kids. I also find it interesting and predictable that some of the other so called generations (X, Z, blah, blah, blah) are turning on each other. Who could see that coming? Each generation gets their turn in the barrel. Yours is coming down the tracks right now. Enjoy!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Actually I like George Carlin as a comedian. Brilliant comedian, but I don't look to comedians for my moral compass or in assessing blame for wars and geo political conflicts. There will always be conflict as long as we have radical ideologies and dictators who want to rule the world. Blaming any particular generation for societies issues is just plain ignorant and uninformed. There are bad actors in every generation and good ones too. Who exactly is causing the divisiveness in our society right now with all the Woke BS, DEI, pushing Green Green Green while continuing to drive up the national debt with give away programs and embracing hoards of illegal immigrants to buy votes?
Boomers, you control the HOUSE/SENATE/POTUS. My generation is barely represented by people of my age bracket in the U.S. gov't, those numbers are readily available and don't lie.

As long as we are embracing comedy, I personally think it's funny how some of the others blame the boomers for being successful while ignoring the advantages that were provided them by the so called "greedy boomers".
What advantages, continual wars caused by your generation? Two financial crises? The promise of taking out student loans and there was a job waiting for you on the other side. 2008 was a shit show for anyone no matter what degree you had, then your ruling class turned it's back and hired every fucking H1B visa they could to pay pennies on the dollars thus showing your cards and the lies. THIS IS INDISPUTABLE FACT, hence the H1B reforms that have had to happen. The inability for people to afford homes as your controlling class took it all. Seriously cognitive dissonance on your part if you think we were afforded any opportunities. Even if we wanted to work hard, what was there? Nothing.

As a so called boomer, I had to work my ass off to make sure my kids didn't have to go through what I did or especially what my parents experienced during the great depression and not knowing where their next meal was coming from. I don't owe anyone an apology for trying to give my kids a better life than what the previous generation could do. That's what all parents want for their kids.
Good for you. I worked my ass off every day. I didn't grow up rich, parents were out of the picture as a kid and I was raised by my grandmother from the greatest generation. Paid my way through school, built platforms for public/private sector and served something other than myself, my country. Know what I got out of it, bum knees, eventual 100% loss of my hearing and the VA that tells me every fucking day they can't help me with an intent to file because the Navy lost my medical records. Seriously get fucked.

I also find it interesting and predictable that some of the other so called generations (X, Z, blah, blah, blah) are turning on each other. Who could see that coming? Each generation gets their turn in the barrel. Yours is coming down the tracks right now. Enjoy!
My generation won't even make it to the barrel, we are killing ourselves faster than any other generation. I just had to attend a funeral for a person that left the service, couldn't get help from the VA and killed themselves due to shit they had to deal with. Your asses sit behind opportunities that were afforded and the world was ripe for the taking, you got greedy and at everything off the plate and we have nothing left. Your generations lack of compassion is what will damn you to Hell and I hope to see you there.

I have nothing more to add to this conversation, back to the Stellantis talk. Does anyone know if they received any gov't funding before the layoffs, seems like Ford is in hot water for taking 900 million and then firing a bunch of people.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Boomers, you control the HOUSE/SENATE/POTUS. My generation is barely represented by people of my age bracket in the U.S. gov't, those numbers are readily available and don't lie.
Well, possibly your generation could get more involved and offer better candidates than AOC, Talib, Omar, etc.?
What advantages, continual wars caused by your generation? Two financial crises? The promise of taking out student loans and there was a job waiting for you on the other side. 2008 was a shit show for anyone no matter what degree you had, then your ruling class turned it's back and hired every fucking H1B visa they could to pay pennies on the dollars thus showing your cards and the lies. THIS IS INDISPUTABLE FACT, hence the H1B reforms that have had to happen. The inability for people to afford homes as your controlling class took it all. Seriously cognitive dissonance on your part if you think we were afforded any opportunities. Even if we wanted to work hard, what was there? Nothing.
The advantage of a better standard of living. Now that is INDISPUTABLE. Student loans and no jobs huh. Maybe take courses of study that are marketable instead of basket weaving 101. Most students now want to put in the least amount of effort possible and start out making 6 figures a year. Delusional. As long as people think they are victims, they will be. If you take out the loans, pay them back. No one forced young people to take out the loans. How about working to pay for your education and earning a scholarship or grant? Plenty of jobs out there. Just not the ones that some young people think they are entitled to. Can't afford a home? That is a problem due to high interest rates caused by the out of control spending by both parties. Go ahead and keep thinking it's a boomer thing. You'll be running out of people to blame it on when they are gone and you are taking the heat for elected officials decisions, or better yet, run for office yourself and straighten everything out.
Good for you. I worked my ass off every day. I didn't grow up rich, parents were out of the picture as a kid and I was raised by my grandmother from the greatest generation. Paid my way through school, built platforms for public/private sector and served something other than myself, my country. Know what I got out of it, bum knees, eventual 100% loss of my hearing and the VA that tells me every fucking day they can't help me with an intent to file because the Navy lost my medical records. Seriously get fucked.
Good for you! We share some things in common I guess. Sorry that the VA did that to you. That's bullshit.
My generation won't even make it to the barrel, we are killing ourselves faster than any other generation. I just had to attend a funeral for a person that left the service, couldn't get help from the VA and killed themselves due to shit they had to deal with. Your asses sit behind opportunities that were afforded and the world was ripe for the taking, you got greedy and at everything off the plate and we have nothing left. Your generations lack of compassion is what will damn you to Hell and I hope to see you there.
This is the problem. You love to throw a blanket over an entire generation as being evil. That's bullshit too. But OK, damn you boomers. The vast majority of them that I know are good, solid, working people who don't think they are victims. They also are more likely to stop and help others than any other group of people I know. Most don't probably know the meaning of cognitive dissonance though. What you and I do not know, but can assume, is that everyone in every generation goes through shit in life that isn't fair and we all have challenges. Some have challenges that they never speak of or are far worse than anything you can imagine. They come from all walks of life and from all generations. Have a little compassion for them and avoid judging everybody. OK...now back to the Stellantis talk...