Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SRT is DEAD!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Watch out you live in Marylandistan, better not have any high capacity rubber band holders...
I know.....a full plastic bag of 100 would probably land me in prison or on a watchlist. I make sure to only keep 10 with me at a time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
When I redid my roof I decided to go solar. My panels are North America. I will say WITHOUT the Federal Tax Credit of 36% it would not be cost effective from a break even perspective. My Solar portion was $24,000 (panels, electricity wiring, etc.), but really cost around $10,000 (was able to design it to also capture most of the roof cost towards 36%. Just recently completed my first full year of solar. My energy bill averages $10-$13 a month and I paid my annual overuse fee of $400. Solar works for my area climate wise. My breakeven is probably 4.5 years. Would not have been cost effective without Federal Tax credits. Did not do a house battery myself as I need 2-3. Batteries are also eligible for the 36% Federal credit, but still too damn expensive at these prices. Here is my energy production.

View attachment 38438
Those are good numbers.

I got some real, real bad facts on batteries, solar and wind equipment today. I’ll consolidate it and get it posted up. Petroleum is going no where until after we die and that is not certain.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Those are good numbers.

I got some real, real bad facts on batteries, solar and wind equipment today. I’ll consolidate it and get it posted up. Petroleum is going no where until after we die and that is not certain.
Noone is saying it makes sense right now to be an early adopter of some of these ideas but alternative energy will be mainstream at some point in the future. It doesn't matter if it takes 20 or 50 years. It's good that some people are able to help develop and test the different technologies now.
We all know we can't all drive electric cars in 2030 without something of the scale of the Eisenhower interstate mandate happening for our electrical grid and its power sources. Our government isn't functional enough to get anything like that done.
Even though my career is based on internal combustion engines I'm not emotional about it. I'll be retired before my job is severely impacted and my son is choosing another career at my urging.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Those are good numbers.

Considering your more on the "inside" than anyone else on this forum, I'll take that as a positive for ICE vehicles relative longevity. BUT, getting back to cost effectiveness, does that mean "yeah, you can drive your ICE vehicle as long as you want but now it'll cost you $4.50 or $7 or whatever a gallon to do it (Plus maybe DMV reg. fees as penalty for even having one).
New administration is in 10 minutes and WTI crude's gone to $63 a barrel from under $50 before,... way under (below 40) at some points. Cost me $31 to put 10 gals high test in my truck just last week.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A 300hp 4cyl turbo with two 300hp electric motors won't quite do it for me.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #207
A 300hp 4cyl turbo with two 300hp electric motors won't quite do it for me.

700-900hp I.C. w/ 200-300hp Elec it if means the continuation of our vehicle...

(Am I being greedy?)

:unsure:

Seriously though, our powerplant with a elec pancake motor on the backside of it?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd think motors on the front wheels for awd.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #209

Pro/Cons to each without doubt. If I contemplate the two against each other, the pancake seems to be the least invasive to the overall design, push the motor forward a tiny bit, pull the trans back, find some magic place (trunk?) for the battery pack. (You'd have to get a trailer 'cause you're not putting your DR in the truck/backseat anymore)

Maybe the wheel option is smaller than I'm envisioning and they'd fit quite easily up there???

Anything to keep the Hellcat motor.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Need to look at how the Porche 918 did it

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
700-900hp I.C. w/ 200-300hp Elec it if means the continuation of our vehicle...

(Am I being greedy?)

:unsure:

Seriously though, our powerplant with a elec pancake motor on the backside of it?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It wont be our powerplant....it will be the dodge omni power plant..and the energizer bunny...in perfect harmony...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My wish for this car from day one

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
SRT will not be dissolved but instead integrated into the corporation! Yeah! This of course is in the same vein as:
There is a challenge on the border not a crisis, kids are not in cages but are in supervised play-pens, Biden's job performance poll shows a 69% approval, ANTIFA is not a terrorist group, we are honestly trying to get kids back in school, the #1 priority of the teacher's union is the kids, the Supreme Court is honestly trying to protect the nation and not the court itself, and the constitution is alive and well! (Okay, I'll get off my soap box now)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
My wish for this car from day one
Dude, yeah I was thinking that. With the ZF transmission able to house an electric motor and if it could power the front wheels/AWD still with a Hellcat engine...all they need to do is really beef up a drivetrain to take it! Tesla would get a run for its money in a race for sure!

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #216
With the ZF transmission able to house an electric motor...

Fact or speculation?

External makes perfect sense, turn the output of the AWD version into an input, but that doesn't work well on a Challenger/Charger. But if they could magically stuff one into the internals (longer length?), then that becomes a viable scenario...

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Fact or speculation?

External makes perfect sense, turn the output of the AWD version into an input, but that doesn't work well on a Challenger/Charger. But if they could magically stuff one into the internals (longer length?), then that becomes a viable scenario...
I just read an article this weekend about it, gotta go pick up my daughter so give me a moment to find the link.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #219
Good thing I drive a fast car, volleyball practice is not exactly around the corner:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-are-coming-suggests-ralph-gilles-156862.html

Interesting!

However I'm pretty sure the author misspoke in the last two paragraphs, he states the transmission will only support 215hp from the I.C., but then implies that if you add that to the RE, then you're at ~1000.

the eight-speed gearbox can support the internal combustion engine with up to 160 kW and 450 Nm
That’s 215 horsepower and 332 pound-feet (450 Nm) of torque, if you were wondering. The Hellcat Redeye, for reference, produces 797 horsepower and 707 pound-feet (959 Nm) of torque. Add those numbers up, and you will understand why Ralph Gilles said that 1,000-hp cars are in the offing.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions