Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RWHP with this set up - prognosticate / hold forth

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #41
Adding more power to power you already can't put down on the street is...a waste.

Where exactly do you live to not have access to a drag strip?
As noted elsewhere in the thread, the power will get used. There's more than just launches. And I'm in West Texas; nearest track to me is 80 miles one way. Back when the dinosaurs ruled the earth we went often - now, with children and business, simply cannot afford the time. However, as they are getting older, going to the track becomes more doable. The track has changed an incredible amount in the intervening decades (originally just a bunch of asphalt out in the desert, two stands, a tower, a gate house and a timing box - now much more elaborate). There was a closer 1/8th track, but it closed down. Could not keep good people and be profitable (and I don't care for 1/8th tracks myself, but it was better than nothing).

Da was about 1100 temperature was low 60s. I think I could have done better that night but someone oiled down the track. But hey,that's racing. That's e70 from the pump. I will get true e85 for this falls attempts.
That's a great DA - aren't your altitudes mostly like mine? (around 2580) I have no access ethanol here - we have a 100,000 bbl per day refinery but it produces none of that.

Sudden

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bristow
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat Charger
As noted elsewhere in the thread, the power will get used. There's more than just launches. And I'm in West Texas; nearest track to me is 80 miles one way. Back when the dinosaurs ruled the earth we went often - now, with children and business, simply cannot afford the time. However, as they are getting older, going to the track becomes more doable. The track has changed an incredible amount in the intervening decades (originally just a bunch of asphalt out in the desert, two stands, a tower, a gate house and a timing box - now much more elaborate). There was a closer 1/8th track, but it closed down. Could not keep good people and be profitable (and I don't care for 1/8th tracks myself, but it was better than nothing).

That's a great DA - aren't your altitudes mostly like mine? (around 2580) I have no access ethanol here - we have a 100,000 bbl per day refinery but it produces none of that.
Actual altitude is about 800 but sometimes in the fall or spring we can get close to 0 Da. Hoping this fall to run true e85 ,maybe ice down the blower,and catch Da less than 500 with temps in the 40s-low 50s

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
45, that's the starboard engines of a KC-135, right?
Don't recall for sure, but its either a B707, KC135, or a DC-8. Now you got me thinking about planes again....

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I could only make it through the first page before I skipped to the end.

When there is absolutely no company that sells the decoupling pulley that can make a guarantee about not spinning the crank pulley that says something to me about the necessity of pinning the crank.

You're already voiding the warranty anyways you may as well take all the precautions that you can to make sure you don't have a major out-of-pocket expense.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I could only make it through the first page before I skipped to the end.
When there is absolutely no company that sells the decoupling pulley that can make a guarantee about not spinning the crank pulley that says something to me about the necessity of pinning the crank.
You're already voiding the warranty anyways you may as well take all the precautions that you can to make sure you don't have a major out-of-pocket expense.
Dodge sells you the whole car without one... and puts a warranty on it, with a decoupling pulley.
I really mentioned it because of all of the "warranty" talk... if nobody remembers, when the "warranty tune" was first mentioned on the other forum... it retained the warranty. Don't be so quick to dismiss it.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye

The power will get used? How? ... not legally on the street... and that is for sure. Be safe and take it to the track. Risking your safety, and the safety of others, on the street to accommodate a self made notion of inconvenience is reckless thinking. Many of us, including myself, have children and businesses. Many of us drive 60, 80, a 100 miles or more one way to race safely at a drag strip.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Can you guys join the academy and become Jr Deputies before you try to patrol our forum and our streets please?

If you're trying to educate adults on how dangerous operating a vehicle can be, there are classes that you can get trained on and teach. I've been to driving school several times, very useful. I actually taught a class.
I thought the high horses were left on the other site. :p

Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hellcat forum and guy is getting flak for wanting more horsepower (even if he doesn't want to track it) is kinda ironic lol

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #49
Here's my "I driver a Charger HC" handy board....

I drive a Hellcat Charger.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Granted, after that run he left the bottom half of his motor on the road and it cost him $10k to prove that a turbo Camaro could make some power
Like a house, a motor needs to be built from the bottom up, not the top down.